Recent Topics

Ads

[MAGUS] AoE damage spells

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
emiliorv
Suspended

[MAGUS] AoE damage spells

Post#1 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:42 am

I have some questions about some AoE spells of change spec: Dissolving mist/T.Firestorm/Seed of chaos:

-Dissolving mist/T.Firestorm: this spells works line a GTAoE => this kind of dmg are considered as a direct damage or works like a dot?? if its like direct dame => must trigger tactics/procs??

-Seed of chaos: when the seed explodes bring a little aoe dd => this dmg trigger tactics/procs??

I can test myself, but if someone tested before....

Thx in advance

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: [MAGUS] AoE damage spells

Post#2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:43 pm

wow!! any answer...

avalus

Post#3 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Firestorm & Mist are shown as DoTs, but their type is Damaging so I'd assume that they're counted as Direct Damage.

Seed of Chaos' explosion is most likely Direct Damage too, but I'd say there's testing to be done to be certain if they all trigger tactics/procs or not.

Your questions actually make me wonder if skills which have a Direct Damage component (like Seed of Chaos) but are not listed as Damaging type are counted as such,
(Mutating Blue Fire (Hex), Perils of the Warp (Hex), Agonizing Torrent (Buff), Aegis of Orange Fire (Enchantment), Daemonic Maw (Hex), M4 Unleash the Winds (Debuff))
and vice-versa if some skills considered to be DoTs but listed as Damaging will work for the tactics/procs ?
(Infernal Blast, M1 Grasping Darkness)

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:41 am

avalus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:59 pm Firestorm & Mist are shown as DoTs, but their type is Damaging so I'd assume that they're counted as Direct Damage.

Seed of Chaos' explosion is most likely Direct Damage too, but I'd say there's testing to be done to be certain if they all trigger tactics/procs or not.

Your questions actually make me wonder if skills which have a Direct Damage component (like Seed of Chaos) but are not listed as Damaging type are counted as such,
(Mutating Blue Fire (Hex), Perils of the Warp (Hex), Agonizing Torrent (Buff), Aegis of Orange Fire (Enchantment), Daemonic Maw (Hex), M4 Unleash the Winds (Debuff))
and vice-versa if some skills considered to be DoTs but listed as Damaging will work for the tactics/procs ?
(Infernal Blast, M1 Grasping Darkness)
In character builder Firestorm & Mist are tagged as "damaging" => so its supossed to work as a DD not as dot (must be hex/curse/ailment). As a AoE DD this spells MUST trigger procs+tactics.

The seed of chaos is tagged as a a Hex (dot) => the final aoe is supossed to be an aoe DD...but not sure.

I will try to test if find a friendly sorc and check for frozen touch procs.