Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
VkdswWH

Re: [Marauder change] patch notes discussion (28/03/20)

Post#11 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 am

damage buff always good but we need to forget about Moral Drain now.
RIP Moral Drain bot and RIP Moral/AP drain bot.

new MD build looks weird because you need to switch stance every 5 sec and wait another 4 sec because you previous stance on cd. lol
RoR.builders - lol
Grock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:40 am I'm a bit concerned about 50% increase on Wrecking Ball and 233% increase on Wave of Terror, those two are going to hurt a lot now, especially considering Marauders can use 50% crit damage tactic and 50% armor penetration tactic together.

I have a feeling dps marauders could make Choppas irrelevant after this change.
Are you kidding? this is not funny.
Last edited by VkdswWH on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Ads
moragorkhezald

Post#12 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm

Grock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:40 am I'm a bit concerned about 50% increase on Wrecking Ball and 233% increase on Wave of Terror, those two are going to hurt a lot now, especially considering Marauders can use 50% crit damage tactic and 50% armor penetration tactic together.

If that happens, then Bright Wizard meta will become even stronger, because Monstro proc makes Maras completely immune to armor penetration, turning Slayer damage output into a joke

R3xz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:24 amThe question is, is the damage increase to marauder worth the change to how morale drain used to be?
I believe those are two indepedent changes, not connected to each other.

wachlarz wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am What is PSM ?
"Primary Stat Modifier", essentially how much of your "Melee DPS" stat is added to ability damage.
It is not a 50% increase on damage, stop spelling misinformation either by ignorance or bad faith. It is a 50% increase in PSM, with 1000 STR you get like 200 added skill damage, with the previous 22% PSM that would add 44 damage to Wrecking ball, now with 33% it will add 66 damage to it. WOOOOOOOWWWWW! Lets start crying already, thats a lot of damage, better nerf marauder once again plox.

I feel talking about a 50% increase in PSM is cheating most people who doesnt have the knowledge to understand what it means, even if its the most accurate definition. Marauder PSM are low already, and a 50% increase over a 22% PSM wont do that much of a difference. We will still be doing less damage than other dps and now we lose our only utility for WBs.

I do not know what else to say, I guess marauder is simply a lost cause for us.

Grock

Post#13 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:53 pm

moragorkhezald wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pm It is not a 50% increase on damage
I never said that, calm down

moragorkhezald wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:23 pmMarauder PSM are low already, and a 50% increase over a 22% PSM wont do that much of a difference.
If only we had a way to see these values without having to spend hours manually testing every career yourself

I was asking Natherul to put the values into career builder a long time ago, but he always refused with some weird reasoning that i can't even summarize
At some point last year someone put the detailed values for some classes (iirc WL and SW) but after relatively short time they was removed.

btw
Checked Slayer's Retribution to get some reference, seems like it has 1.0 modifier and hits once per second, so Wrecking Ball is still considerably lower with its 0.33 twice per second even after the buffs. I wonder how it compares to WL's Whirling Axe, when i played it it felt like it had a pretty solid dps.

p.s. if anyone wanna compare total numbers, on Target Dummies my Retribution hits for 461 at 1019 strength with Subj hammer + Subj axe. Thats a non-crit, no rage, 0 meleepower and without any other modifiers.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Sofong

Post#14 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:06 pm

wow... cant wait to test thanks for making mara good again

Tenhi

Post#15 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:10 pm

VkdswWH wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:25 am damage buff always good but we need to forget about Moral Drain now.
RIP Moral Drain bot and RIP Moral/AP drain bot.

new MD build looks weird because you need to switch stance every 5 sec and wait another 4 sec because you previous stance on cd. lol
RoR.builders - lol
Why go up to Wrecking Ball? If you want to be a good WB Morale Bot run something like this RoR.builders - Marauder Drain Build. Do we know whether Crushing Blows works in Monstro only? Or is it all attacks now? If its Monstro only you would need to dance to Bruta for the drain and then back to Monstro for AoE + Stopper.

Also depending on how good the damage buff is Mara might be able to run full dps AoE? RoR.builders - Marauder AoE DPS

Foofmonger

Post#16 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:32 pm

Changes seem good to me thus far IMO. This turns a Marauder less into a one trick pony on this server, which is nice. The damage boost seems reasonable but noticeable. On most abilities (with softcap str), I'm looking at something like a 12-15% overall damage increase (raw, tested on dummies last night).

Main difference with morale spec now is that you need to adjust your playstyle. Now instead of draining morale, you can just prevent the enemy team from ever gaining it in the first place, so you can't just go in after the enemy has built up M3/M4 and start to spam and bring them down, you need to go in earlier to prevent them from gaining it. It's a very similar playstyle, you just have to be more tactical about how to use it, but it's also still good. On another note, non morale/ap drain DPS specs are also a lot better.

The hyperbole on this thread doesn't need to get out of hand. No, a 12-15% damage boost isn't making Marauders going to outdps Choppas now or replace them.

nat3s

Post#17 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:41 pm

with a reduction in their morale play, Mara needs aSW or WL like burst imo
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

VkdswWH

Post#18 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:49 pm

Why go up to Wrecking Ball?
More range aoe, more hits, more chance to proc and just a habit) you can go without "wrecking ball" with aoe knock and dot if you want
Do we know whether Crushing Blows works in Monstro only?
Tenhi wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:13 am Wave of Terror drains 225 morale. The rest is prob just moved from Wave of Terror to Crushing Blows... so 5sec Stop at 10% Monstro only attacks. (Secrets confirmed everything except the "montro only attacks" part)
Also PSM is Primary Stats Modifier.
I dont know)
If its Monstro only you would need to dance to Bruta for the drain and then back to Monstro for AoE + Stopper.
yep and sad point - you will have 4 sec pause because after switch stance have 5 sec cd on next stance.
Tenhi wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Also depending on how good the damage buff is Mara might be able to run full dps AoE? RoR.builders - Marauder AoE DPS
I think now it most available variant.
Vicgrim - magus
Vicgrimm - marauder

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#19 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:59 pm

If that happens, then Bright Wizard meta will become even stronger, because Monstro proc makes Maras completely immune to armor penetration, turning Slayer damage output into a joke
My wrecking ball is hitting for 250 to 300 on average, which is actually underperforming compared to Retribution or Whirlwing Axe. Wave of Terror is hitting for 450 to 600 on average which is okay damage wise but cooldown should be reduced to 5s. Can't say yet if cd reducers should work or not as it's too early to say how effective Wave of Terror actually is.

Choppas are still going to deal 2 times as much damage, but at least now maras aren't going to be outdamaged by 2h Black Orcs on the average.

Savagery and Monstrosity are now both in a competitive and healthy shape. Sadly that can't be said about Brutality which hasn't moved out of the trashbin just yet.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

TenTonHammer

Post#20 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Now I can go back and do my meme WoT spec

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5217,5187

Just staying brut stance and rocking an nice crit chance between deeply impaled, feeding on fear and invader bonus

People don’t expect a Mara to snipe them from 40 feet away