Recent Topics

Ads

Healing DoK viable still?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sibosa

Healing DoK viable still?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 am

I played on live the entire time it was up always as a healer and loved it. My favorite was my Dok. Great for 6mans and whatnot. So I've just returned to RoR and I'm currently 15/17 on my new Dok. I came to the forums for advice and all I see is DPS Dok topics. Is a Healing Dok not viable anymore?

Should I roll up something else to be a decent healer? I really only care about healing, I have zero interest in DPS. Keeping up my group while they systematically cut down order is what I love about this game.

Any advice on the current state of healing would be appreciated. I'm not big on rolling numerous toons and like to focus on one class and try and get good at it. So if I'm wasting my time on a healing Dok I'd rather know now haha.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Healing DoK viable still?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:23 am

Healing DoK is good. You probably dont see many topics on it because it's pretty straight forward.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:26 am

It’s good still, did get a few nerfs iirc like M2 doesn’t cleanse everything like it did on live

People talks a lot more about dps dok cause the devs tried to buff it and dps wp here to be more than just a meme to varying degrees of success

If you want pure healing zealot is the best atm

Warfare80

Post#4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:25 am

DoK is the core on any party/wb and is always needed to keep the team stabile (leave ST spikehealing to other healers)
A DoK can also take a beating and still hold their ground.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Sibosa

Post#5 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 am

Sounds like not to much has changed then. I just wanted to make sure they were still viable before I invested to much time into the character. Now that I think about it, having just finished up Tier 1, I did see a lot of Zealots running around.

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:20 pm

It got dumb down to mindless spam healing with little to no group synnergy except the heals. The class went from a active healing class to just straight cast heal spam.

dalen
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am

it is pretty weak as a healer before lvl 20 when you get the group heal. After that it is a very viable heal class. Not much has changed to the heal spec since live, most of the changes are in Path of Sacrifice.
Source Developer

Sibosa

Post#8 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:27 pm

dalen wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am it is pretty weak as a healer before lvl 20 when you get the group heal. After that it is a very viable heal class. Not much has changed to the heal spec since live, most of the changes are in Path of Sacrifice.
Yeah, I'm currently 17/22 and It's painful right now haha

Ads