Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Should I stay or should I go?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
dalinvar

[Sorc] Should I stay or should I go?

Post#1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:26 am

Hey folks,

I would like to roll a BW but my brother definitely went destro side so I started to look at the Sorc.

Already i've got a Magus but the problem here is the setup time of pet/positioning that let me avoid this class.. SH doesn't look for me (i'm not so pro at kiting).

So returning on topic, I would like to have a standard mage-rdps class and I spent some time reading on the forum about the Sorc.

Is it really that bad?
I know he's really group dependant but my idea is to play a ranged aoe build mostly in open-warband and sc, not soloing.

The mirror comparison absolutely says bw >>> sorc and it looks like a really weak class. I am sorry to hear that because I was focusing on it.

What are your thoughts? Need some advices from veteran players before invest some time in it..

Would be nice to receive some builds/tips anyway ;)

Sry for english,
Thank you

Ads
Akilinus

Re: [Sorc] Should I stay or should I go?

Post#2 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:31 am

If you dont plan on playing in serious warband just go with single target. Learn the rotation and profit
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Manatikik

Post#3 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:54 pm

Yea... people like to blow everything out of proportion - Sorc is a great class for ORvR; casual or otherwise.
<Montague><Capulet>

Bozzax

Post#4 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:52 pm

Play in a min max wb or skip the class imo. You need guard, cd dec and solid heals

Solo sorc
Order has to much mobility atm and you are just a renown pinata with a 2s disarm

Solo ranged aoe sorc
Slow casts, 80ft range = not effective and likely less mobile then a magus
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

adamthelc

Post#5 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Sorc is not weak.

Ranged AoE is not the ideal way to play the spec and I would say the same thing about BW. In certain situations you will be able to do pretty good playing like that though.

In scenarios I would go single target.

BW mastery is much better as a whole then Sorc. Really that means they just have much options, especially when it comes to utility. BW definitely has the edge when it comes to utility, but the damage of the two is close enough that I wouldnt worry about it too much.

nolofinwe1991

Post#6 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 pm

Maining sorc for time and having a bw aswell 40/52 i prefer sorc. 1st of all u must forget the aoe from range. I d suggest to run ST sorc for the things u wanna do. So for the utility thing. Sorc has a disarm & bw hasnt. Sorc has slow & bw hasn't. Also bw maybe has more damage but sorc has more controled burst. The 2 sec disarm is op cause u can use the 2sec for gap to place 2x hexes on ur target b4 u detaunt it. And try to burst it in time. In other words i ve soloed countless times 1v1 melees (except wl & sw) with my sorc and i cant do the same with my bw, also i win ez 1v1 bw. So for me Sorc is better class but needs more experience & skill to see the strength against bw
~ Hythonia Sorc rr83 ~
~ Nolofinwe SM rr80 ~

oaliaen

Post#7 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:52 pm

nolofinwe1991 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 pm Maining sorc for time and having a bw aswell 40/52 i prefer sorc. 1st of all u must forget the aoe from range. I d suggest to run ST sorc for the things u wanna do. So for the utility thing. Sorc has a disarm & bw hasnt. Sorc has slow & bw hasn't. Also bw maybe has more damage but sorc has more controled burst. The 2 sec disarm is op cause u can use the 2sec for gap to place 2x hexes on ur target b4 u detaunt it. And try to burst it in time. In other words i ve soloed countless times 1v1 melees (except wl & sw) with my sorc and i cant do the same with my bw, also i win ez 1v1 bw. So for me Sorc is better class but needs more experience & skill to see the strength against bw
Like every other destro class.... So order is easy way as always.

Haskr

Post#8 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:59 pm

nolofinwe1991 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:18 pm Sorc has slow & bw hasn't.
Bright Wizzard has a snare (Withering Heat).

Ads
nolofinwe1991

Post#9 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:25 pm

"Withering Heat" is in Mid Tree which usually i don't play (it may!! be good only in 6man grp) and is 2 sec snare after the tick. Not worth to play it. in the other hand "arctic blast" is 5 sec snare with 2 sec cast & a solid option for battling cause u use it in ur basic rotation aswell.
~ Hythonia Sorc rr83 ~
~ Nolofinwe SM rr80 ~

BeautfulToad

Post#10 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Sorc, like BW, is just a pain to level up. Magus probably has a few more options, and there is a tanky build once you get to level 40. AoE Sorcs are essential for warbands tho, and once you are geared you will get a silly number of kills. Magus has an AoE build too.

Since ST and AoE sorcs are basically both just maxing damage (int, magic crit chance) and going full glass cannon, you will only need to change mastery when you respec? If so, you can switch between ST and AoE whenever you want free of charge.