Recent Topics

Ads

[DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
freshour
Banned

Re: [DoK] DPS Spec Advice

Post#161 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:20 pm

lefze wrote: Very recently picked up my melee dok again, only thing I can say is that absolutely nothing seemes to have changed. WS is still simply too hard to stack to be worth it, and the loss in raw damage from strenght/increased parries on your attacks just seems like a gimp. Even dropped the use of BL cloak/jewel for the ws bonus, just doesn't feel worth it at all with the loss of strenght.
I feel exactly the same. Especially with the reduction in the effectiveness of parry strikethrough now I've dropped my parry cloak that I loved to run for the influence cloak. I loved the 3 pc Genesis for the 3% reduction and also was running full Dom for the reduction there. I swapped back to 3 merc/3 dom and 2 genesis - and noticed I was not being parried anymore than usual, and there was definitely no drop in my damage at all...

So after the changes, I think the only take away is that parry reduction is fairly pointless... WS is not able to be stacked to be relevant, and with the removal of CW - you have to throw in some points into disrupt now to not explode as BW's are stronger than ever and your M2 cleanse becomes a must use as in it is the only morale I ever use now... But yeah, was curious if anyone else noticed a difference with the parry strikethrough? all I can really tell is - get str over 700, play with someone who has an armor debuff (or don't play at all b/c our damage is a joke without it), and keep crit at or over 20% and your damage will basically be the same regardless of what you do lol...

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#162 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:05 pm

Well I am really not sure what to do about the flux of BW's. The most disrupt I can get without going like... 500+ willpower which would be totally insane for DD spec, is around the low 30's. You can swap out some merc stuff and use genesis items... but I just can't get it that high lol. Pug SC just needs to have 2 decent BW's and you get NUUUUUUUUKED with no CW as I'd always put 2 points in it to cycle with my morale but idk now.

Anyone else been having this problem? Best response I got so far was "If you can't play without CW you need to play a different class" -

But it isn't even that, I can play it and do pretty well but holy sh** I have been getting nuked since that change.

adei

Post#163 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:56 pm

freshour wrote:Well I am really not sure what to do about the flux of BW's. The most disrupt I can get without going like... 500+ willpower which would be totally insane for DD spec, is around the low 30's. You can swap out some merc stuff and use genesis items... but I just can't get it that high lol. Pug SC just needs to have 2 decent BW's and you get NUUUUUUUUKED with no CW as I'd always put 2 points in it to cycle with my morale but idk now.

Anyone else been having this problem? Best response I got so far was "If you can't play without CW you need to play a different class" -

But it isn't even that, I can play it and do pretty well but holy sh** I have been getting nuked since that change.
That has always been the case, this class has it flaws. I have a rather large amount of hours invested in mine and tbh I believe it to be in a fair spot. If you are trying to go high on damage then yeah you are going to fall flat on your face without a full group of support, besides the strength ratios on the DoK are pretty bad anyway so in order to gain anything substantial you would have to sink everything into your offensive stats.

You can get a pretty insane parry rating these days and last time I tested it the damage values on WS vs Str were almost identical for the most part, but I have not retested since changes so could be wrong but meh. As far as the disrupt goes just deft defender and 3 piece BL is really the most you can do unless you want to sacrifice a lot more, it's just going to come down to the support you have and knowledge of the BW player. But yeah you will get shredded a lot no doubt.

Changes will come for this class and the WP that will hopefully solve some of it's major flaws (kiting) which is obviously made worse by the removal of CW, but tbh I hated that cheap skill anyway so good riddance imo. Honestly I would move away from damage these days, get more tanky and just be a pain with all the utilities available to the DoK. It's really insane how tanky the class can be for a relative low loss in damage.

The issue is ( and what we saw from ab changes ) is that hybrids are much harder to balance than other classes since one small change can either make them overpowered or useless. The changes that were previously made started in a good place, there were some good additions to the class to help with it's under performing areas, but slowly we found more and more problems when it was rolled out for a larger playtest, there were other versions you guys didn't see.

Most builds have already been done on live and here for the most part, just here we don't have the gamebreaking items to make the class lolmode. But hopefully in time it can be brought in line with other things, but for now it's just one of those deal with it situations.

peterthepan3

Post#164 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:02 pm

adei wrote:
freshour wrote:Well I am really not sure what to do about the flux of BW's. The most disrupt I can get without going like... 500+ willpower which would be totally insane for DD spec, is around the low 30's. You can swap out some merc stuff and use genesis items... but I just can't get it that high lol. Pug SC just needs to have 2 decent BW's and you get NUUUUUUUUKED with no CW as I'd always put 2 points in it to cycle with my morale but idk now.

That has always been the case, this class has it flaws. I have a rather large amount of hours invested in mine and tbh I believe it to be in a fair spot. If you are trying to go high on damage then yeah you are going to fall flat on your face without a full group of support, besides the strength ratios on the DoK are pretty bad anyway so in order to gain anything substantial you would have to sink everything into your offensive stats.

You can get a pretty insane parry rating these days and last time I tested it the damage values on WS vs Str were almost identical for the most part, but I have not retested since changes so could be wrong but meh. As far as the disrupt goes just deft defender and 3 piece BL is really the most you can do unless you want to sacrifice a lot more, it's just going to come down to the support you have and knowledge of the BW player. But yeah you will get shredded a lot no doubt.

Changes will come for this class and the WP that will hopefully solve some of it's major flaws (kiting) which is obviously made worse by the removal of CW, but tbh I hated that cheap skill anyway so good riddance imo. Honestly I would move away from damage these days, get more tanky and just be a pain with all the utilities available to the DoK. It's really insane how tanky the class can be for a relative low loss in damage.

The issue is ( and what we saw from ab changes ) is that hybrids are much harder to balance than other classes since one small change can either make them overpowered or useless. The changes that were previously made started in a good place, there were some good additions to the class to help with it's under performing areas, but slowly we found more and more problems when it was rolled out for a larger playtest, there were other versions you guys didn't see.

Most builds have already been done on live and here for the most part, just here we don't have the gamebreaking items to make the class lolmode. But hopefully in time it can be brought in line with other things, but for now it's just one of those deal with it situations.

qft^

freshour
Banned

Post#165 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:08 am

Sooooo been messing around with AOE detaunt after the CW nerf/indirect BW buff. And it is actually feeling a lot better. You lose some DPS without the AA tactic, but you have HD up and can actually stay up a pretty long time. If you have a full 6 man you don't need it, but holy crap is it amazing if you are duo Q as most order pug groups are like 4-5 BW's 2-3 engis 2-3 SW's and healers plus 1-2 2h knights lol.

freshour
Banned

Post#166 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:51 am

Went back to full Dom and tried out getting crit over 30%... I can say it was actually pretty freaking good this evening. I generally always have around 23-24% and just taking it to 31% was a massive difference.

It could just be in my head but I swear it was significantly more consistent damage. I'm RR 65 so I don't think many people can put 3 points into crit... but it has been the biggest jump in overall damage I've had since I stopped playing the class unless I had a mara/bg to armor debuff consistently (I highly recommend this to everyone else by the way)

Kurama

Post#167 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:41 pm

Is DPS DOK on a good spot nowadays? I wanna try one ONLY for duo roaming with a BG, is it worth?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

peterthepan3

Post#168 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 pm

it's pretty much made to duo roam with an offensive bg

Ads
Kurama

Post#169 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:12 pm

That's nice. Any build/rr/gear recommendations?
DOK 8x
Zealot 8x
Shaman 8x
BO 7x

WP 8x
RP 8x
AM 8x

Anomanderake

Post#170 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:50 am

Sooo...
I’m returning in RoR after a 2 years stop. Since my old characters are deleted, i switch destro. In order i was running a DPS SM, but i remember the power of the DoK DPS, so i would like to try. I like hybrid frontline DPS so my choice was between DoK and black guard. Is the mdps DoK so useless right now? I didn’t understand the nature of the nerf.
Purake - BG 7X - GoD

For the Gaer Daecos' Freedoms