Recent Topics

Ads

Blackguard Questions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mieloch

Blackguard Questions

Post#1 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:52 pm

Hello, i have a quetions about Blackguard. I would like to be full tank but with 2h weapon.
1. If its possible to be 2h Tank?
2. What gear gear should i use, STR or Toughness?
3. Where to put mastery points first and where to put renown points.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Blackguard Questions

Post#2 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Mieloch wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:52 pm Hello, i have a quetions about Blackguard. I would like to be full tank but with 2h weapon.
1. Yes, it is entirely possible to be a 2h tank in smaller engagements. In large-scale rvr, you'll need the shield for Hold the Line, and Block (to help you fend off ranged projectiles).

2. Depends: wanna go offensive tank? Then invest in str/wounds/1 or 2 ini. Wanna go defensive 2h? Toughness/wounds/armor/ini.

3. I'd go Malice for the KD and Crimson Death ASAP, then put the rest into Loathing for Anger Drives Me (mandatory). You can then decide whether or not you want toughness tactics, and at RR70 you can go AoE snare.

Lime

Post#3 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Mieloch wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:52 pm Hello, i have a quetions about Blackguard. I would like to be full tank but with 2h weapon.
1: You can get pretty tanky as 2h and still do decent assist damage. Shield avoidance adds alot of survivability though and is generally wanted for bigger warband fights and hard hitting pve bosses due to the extra avoidance you get from block hold the line and none shall pass.

2. The stats you want will vary depending on the situation. Ideally you want a dps setup and a tank setup, and mix and match the desired stats. Knowing how much survivability you will need is important. Small scale pvp you need less than large scale.

3. Mastery points you can go up left tree and get enraged beating and your 2h knockdown. Or mid tree if you want to go full deftard. Starting out as a fresh 40 you want to get your crit chance down to 0% and parry high so you don't get destroyed by guard damage or blown up by crits. Dead tanks dont do any damage.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

Mieloch

Post#4 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:26 pm

i prefer go full defensive, thanks for fast replys.

Mieloch

Post#5 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:39 am

Yo its me again, So it is possible to play 2h BG and buying gear for RvR (Toughness one) and put on it STR tals? Also wonder what weapon should i use STR or Toughness one? And also if it good if i goes for Disrupt + Parry in renown tree in early levels?

Lime

Post#6 » Sun May 19, 2019 10:43 am

It doesn't matter that much you just need a base amount of avoidance/armor/resists/crit reduction to not die as a tank. If you go too offensive you can't guard anyone as you will just die and you will get focused without a detaunt. Toughness does not reduce guard damage but helps amplify high armor and high resists/avoidance.

While leveling you can play more like a dps with str talisman but when you get t4 you will need to be able to take damage to do your primary job of guarding.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG