Recent Topics

Ads

SnB BG WB Viability

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tanski

SnB BG WB Viability

Post#1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:23 pm

Currently leveling a BG because they seem to be the most underplayed class and I wanted to tank. Most premades, If they even run a BG, use a 2h with crimson and hastening. Has no one looked at the middle tree though? They have so many tools to be tanky AF, probably the tankiest tank in the game mabye outside of kotbs. Also, whether keeps fall or stand usually revolves around funnels and the middle tree has an M4 that looks like it would make or break funnels. Why do I not see more snb BGs, especially in premades?
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
DanielWinner

Re: SnB BG WB Viability

Post#2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:43 pm

As you mentioned the only use of it is funnels.
Other than that BO has the same survivability but other useful tools on top of that.
So, you don’t need BG when other tanks do the same and even more.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Tanski

Post#3 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Damn I knew bo, chosen offer more to a wb but I didn’t know bo was just as tanky. Mabye bg isn’t the choice for me ....
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

tazdingo

Post#4 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:45 pm

def snb BG can:

- flag turtle in SCs (until a slayer shows up)
- superguard a single mdps (means little in large battles)
- live long enough to watch all of his friends die

dwinner is right it does nothing that bo/cho doesn't. amazing class on paper, depressing in practice. statistically it lives longer than any other tank but really achieves nothing in the process. 2H is superior in every single way

def BG used to be so far ahead of other tanks in terms of survivability that in even in lieue of it's lack of team support it was still worth playing as a walking hp pool, but def tanks have been nerfed into the ground and it is now utter and complete garbage. 2H is great though, way better than it was on live, so don't write the class off completely. at this current moment skilled 2H BGs are one of the most in demand classes as far as destro goes. just **** the shield it might as well not exist
Last edited by tazdingo on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tesq

Post#5 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:51 pm

was thinking the other day, if there is even a slight way to build bg s+b for wb to make it at least viable with all the changes that recived and ended up thinking something like this.

the only way is if a zealot and black ork are missing from group, that way the ap regen from bg became usefull; basically if you have dok / sham, it can replace a BO ; bg will do zeal stuff with ap and shamm will instead do moral stuff of black ork (instead on himself on whole group).
What you loose from bo get replaced by a panic button for your/dark protector , a avoidance debuff usfull only for melee (which is not bad considering currently des meta) and bubbleform you/dp. Yet you still lack group support potential this way. You are good at babysit 1 ppl and keep him alive but in small scale this is not the priority which is assist and in rvr it something you should provide to whole group or have a real squighy target that you realy need to keep up; like a real glass cannon death star. There is not such thing on destru right know, i mean bw can be more glass cannon than sorc with funneling power so if there would be something like this it could make sense but ther is not. Moreover if you compere what bg can do as babysitter for 1 target is still outshined by IB in comparison (slayer /IB combo).

S+b bg is a tank with idendity crisis; too many st skills especially core while all potential wb support is to spec for and requrie more point than those you can spend; and even then it would still be lackluster, the only way to play it is still 2h. Most likely in game lack a real font of aoe consistently ap drain , it's all about have or no a zeal/runy regarding ap management then ther is stuff that it's too unreliable to be use; even chosen ap aura (4 ap every 5 sec mean you need 40 sec to remove 1 skill and same time to gain one free skill.....at that point the inc is alredy over....)

If it keep going like this s+b bg is relegate to have fun in sc or have fun in pve group/solo pve farm heros. even if the block tactic bg recived make sense, since is the same stuff ib have; still dosent change that s+b bg in wb dont bring anything really relevant that can be noted or synergy well with other classes. Mid mastery is taken for parry/toughness tactic/snare nd thats it.... right is more or less a dead mastery as reported many times.

zabis

Post#6 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:57 pm

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... 920,920&t=

Maybe something like this to have the wounds debuff and spam Monstrous Rending?
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:13 am

I lead pugs, so I have a jaded view. BG punt is - frankly speaking - amazing, since you can send people out the RvR zone. Aside from that if you follow orders, guard and taunt appropriately, then the choice of tank doesnt make a huge difference
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tanski

Post#8 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 am

After pulling up all of the tanks on the career builder I decided I’m just gonna level a kotbs. They have everything a bg has an way more. They can get the crit bonus and wounds debuff with 2h spec. They are tanky AF. They have more wb utility than a chosen. The only part that sucks about this decision is that I have made some friends on Destro side with my rr 60 choppa but if I’m gonna tank, I’m gonna choose the best class for the job . Cheers !
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Ads
SmackdownNinja

Post#9 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:10 am

SnB BG has no support options to give it a viable role in a WB. Like others have said, SnB BG is simply outclassed compared to the other options available. That's why I recently made a proposal to shed some light on the issue, but even if that proposal made it through it still wouldn't be enough to fill in the gap support wise when using SnB.

I don't blame you for making a KOTBS. It combines the best of BG/CHO and is really the best option to go with if you are serious about tanking in a WB.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Tesq

Post#10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:12 pm

i blame right mastery and skill disposition......these stuff offer poor choice to bg; i should make a proposal to rearrange stuff like is done with parry tactic at the time.