Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Elves: The Particulars

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
FunkySwerve

Witch Elves: The Particulars

Post#1 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 am

I'm now a 40/50 Witch elf. I want the focus of this thread to be able WE mechanics for SCs, premades for SCs and perhaps 6 mans in RvR lakes. Oh, and solo roaming of course.

My experience so far has been clumsy. I've lost 1v1s that I should have won, and some I should have lost, all have been good learning experiences for me. So I'm coming into his conversation with a lot of resoluteness because I want to be good at this class.

I've made something similar in the general forums, I was hoping to gain some perspective from Order players as well; I did, and gained a lot of good information from that as well.

But what was missing were the particulars: what is your general approach in SCs? What do you open up with on healers, Rdps, Mdps, etc. What tactics, moral and tree did you spec and why do you prefer it? What is your general approach to solo roaming? Is there a special way you like to spec. for that as well? What do you do in WBs besides trying to find an unoccupied artillery piece and fire once, maybe? How do you hotkey your abilities?

I've been told that WEs and WHs are especially dependent on gear and boy I'm feelin' it. I'm working my way towards Conqs with Annhi, but I recently got a gold bag with Vanq gloves in them. Decisions!

This is just a conversation starter. I hope it's fruitful. Thanks ahead of time for reading.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Witch Elves: The Particulars

Post#2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm

When you already got Vanq pieces, then skip Conq.
Dying is no option.

toffikx

Post#3 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:26 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm When you already got Vanq pieces, then skip Conq.
Convert vanq meds into conqueror and get the full conq set. That’ll be much faster than trying to get full vanq.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm

toffikx wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:26 am
Sulorie wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:19 pm When you already got Vanq pieces, then skip Conq.
Convert vanq meds into conqueror and get the full conq set. That’ll be much faster than trying to get full vanq.
And then farm Vanq, which is simply better than Conq, when you already wasted medallions for conversion?
Dying is no option.

FunkySwerve

Post#5 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:31 am

Bump!

Ilthay

Post#6 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:41 pm

FunkySwerve wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 am
But what was missing were the particulars: what is your general approach in SCs? What do you open up with on healers, Rdps, Mdps, etc. What tactics, moral and tree did you spec and why do you prefer it? What is your general approach to solo roaming? Is there a special way you like to spec. for that as well? What do you do in WBs besides trying to find an unoccupied artillery piece and fire once, maybe? How do you hotkey your abilities?
In SCs, I thread myself with other classes, so i'm not sticking out like a sore thumb. I am hitting backline healers or MDPS up front. Tanks are always last priority, unless there is a stray order hitting your own healers and need to assist. I open on someone, down them, or stay on them as to move them out of position and distract them. If I am not assisted, or other order backs up to focus me, I quickly disengage and move away, which I hope can disrupt their own lines.

For openers, i'm almost always using enfeebling strike. The only real difference on how I approach classes is what kisses I am using. I try to change kisses when I can if it's warranted, and the extent of my switching kisses is between death and agony. I also switch tactics depending on how i've been doing in the sc, or pvp in general. Swift Pursuit is incredibly important for survival and to handle kiting, but if you are coming up against a lot of stationary healers who feel they can tank through everything, I opt for the 4th tactic slot to help with burst.

Regarding specs, I go back and forth between Carnage/Treach and Suffering/Treach, and switch builds rather often. I'm not tied to any particular build, and see pros and cons with both, and switch primarily due to "Do I need black lotus blade right now?"

Ilthay

Post#7 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Ah, another "particular" Get buffhead mod, so you can see CC immunity timers, as well as detaunts on yourself, or other very important buffs. It's a game changer regarding when you are using your abilities and who you are targeting.

bichka

Post#8 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:44 pm

buffhead for me is a one of mods which is slow down perfomance drastically.
you can setup aura mod instead to show target immunities and only buffs/debuffs which is intersting for you

one more reason why i prefer aura over buffhead - buffhead shows buffs/debuffs on target, which can be far away or even behind, while aura show things where you set on your screen, it's can be flashy or even make specific sound.

this is how looks my UI when all thing procced :D, but usually only few of them is active.
Spoiler:

Ads
Ilthay

Post#9 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:47 pm

I have not tried Aura, but with a menu like that, it may be more user friendly than buffhead as well.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:12 pm

Buffhead has a similar menu and it shows players with buffs behind objects, even when not in target.
Dying is no option.