Recent Topics

Ads

BG Monstrous Ruin Tactic Change Proposal

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
MedV

BG Monstrous Ruin Tactic Change Proposal

Post#1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:06 am

Hey all, just want to make a proposal to change the first tactic in the Path of Malice Tree. This Tactic- Monstrous Ruin makes 2 abilities (monstrous rending and blade of ruin) cost 10 less hate to use. The problem is one of the abilities (blade of ruin) does not exist in the game anymore. This makes the first tactic in the most used tree useless.

Since this path is the tree most 2h BGs use in everything rvr related it seems like an important tactic to change. I see that this tactic was originally meant to be helpful to the BG in WBs where he is currently the least wanted tank. My idea is to make this tactic as follows.

Monstrous Death (or Crimson Rendering) - Monstrous Rendering and Crimson Death both cost 10 less hate to use.

or

Monstrous Greed- Monstrous Rendering costs 10 less hate to use and will also cause X dmg over Y seconds.

Both these are not too op but would make the BG a tiny bit more useful. At the very least not make this tactic just unimportant as half of it has been removed from the game.
The King.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: BG Monstrous Ruin Tactic Change Proposal

Post#2 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:28 am

As BG you hardly have a free tactic slot for it.
I see it only as pve farming tactic to allow you spamming your aoe attack after having pulled a bunch of mobs. With original 30 hate cost you lose more hate than you gain when spamming, 20 hate on the other hand let you keep up the hate.
Dying is no option.

Tiamath

Post#3 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:28 am

Hello

my proposal, M. Rendig costs 10 hate less as it was, also if Sword equipped, critical hits of M. Rending applies Sword of Ruin effect, X corp damage over time also during the effect critical damage inflicted by others deal 25% more damage to the victim.

Legacy to old skill and extension of SnB offensive variant.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Ototo

Post#4 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:16 pm

Tiamath wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:28 am Hello

my proposal, M. Rendig costs 10 hate less as it was, also if Sword equipped, critical hits of M. Rending applies Sword of Ruin effect, X corp damage over time also during the effect critical damage inflicted by others deal 25% more damage to the victim.

Legacy to old skill and extension of SnB offensive variant.
Are you asking to put a 1h tactic in a 2h mastery tree? :? Why? So it gets picked as side tree for the other trees? Otherwise it makes no sense to put a sword tactic in an spear tree. Would be like placing a great weapon required skill in the same tree that powers up block chances...
Spoiler:

Tiamath

Post#5 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:38 pm

Hatred consumption factor for everybody. But crit factor plus dot only for sword. 2h has already what needs. Malice is about offense in general not just spear. HD and crit tactic is everyone. Also Adm is as you decribed is in sword tree so in those terms 2h has nothing to look for there? ;) low hanging fruit here and there thats how BG trees are.

Ototo

Post#6 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Tiamath wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:38 pm Hatred consumption factor for everybody. But crit factor plus dot only for sword. 2h has already what needs. Malice is about offense in general not just spear. HD and crit tactic is everyone. Also Adm is as you decribed is in sword tree so in those terms 2h has nothing to look for there? ;) low hanging fruit here and there thats how BG trees are.
Except that no. Malice's 2 out of 3 skills have great weapon requirements.

And again no, you make no change to the tactic if you are holding an spear, cause right now it only reduces 10 hate of Monstrous Rending cause the second skill it should have reduced it's non-existent at the moment, so you are telling people that specifically pick that tree, a 2h tree, to have 1h weapons imbued in their tactics, and to the only tactics that are supposed to be for them to gtfo and pick a shield. There are not many weapon requirement tactics in the game, and that's why there are not any in malice tree, but purposely placing one of the, I repeat, very few weapon requirement tactics in the opposite weapon tree is both insane and punishing. It would be the same as putting a great weapon requirement in Anger Drives Me (+ parry, mid tree) while it is in the tree that has one skill and one tactic linked to the use of a shield.

Monstrous Rending needs a rework, not a 180 degrees turn to make your SnB BG hit harder, and definitely not an I-win button. If you want damage you have to sacrifice the shield cause you can't be an unstoppable juggernaut deploying the most broken and toughest debuff proposal I have ever seen, period. 25% increase to all damage taken by an enemy coming from a tank? Are you serious? Why not simply give BG a one-shot button?
Spoiler:

Tiamath

Post#7 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:14 pm

Mate, read again, its 25% crit damage done by others. I dont mind if this overhowl would apply to halberds too, also that crit dmg increase value might var. And again to apply that you need to land a crit. Others to benefit need to crit too.

Ototo

Post#8 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:34 pm

Tiamath wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:14 pm Mate, read again, its 25% crit damage done by others. I dont mind if this overhowl would apply to halberds too, also that crit dmg increase value might var. And again to apply that you need to land a crit. Others to benefit need to crit too.
I'm sorry I misread that part, my fault.

Still you would be adding a lot. DPS classes normally have to invest 8 mastery points to get 50% bonus damage, and giving them between 1, if they spec in the tree with such tactic, and 8, if they don't, for free is simply overpowered, specially in a class that has a debuff that makes critical hits 10% more likely, and specially for a tactic that will cost only 4 mastery points.

It would be stupidly broken if all three effects could stack, which is the case, one coming from skill, one coming from on-enemy tactic, and the last coming from on-self target, resulting in targets that are 10% more likely to be crit by a crit damage that is 75% higher than usual.

Pretty much one-shot with a lucky crit.
Spoiler:

Ads
Tiamath

Post#9 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm

Like I said potency of debuff its a case open for debate, 20, 15, 10 %. Also the dot time is a factor which can be discussed, if its short then time window to score that extra crit damage is still an opportunity. I think that taking 3 tactics to have that crit setup to shine is very great investment in build/gear . Overall in proper balance those feature are adding some really good taste to Malice, tree seems complete.
Other note Blade of Ruin might return and possess the suggested above change, if other tactic proposals are better.

Ototo

Post#10 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Tiamath wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 pm Like I said potency of debuff its a case open for debate, 20, 15, 10 %. Also the dot time is a factor which can be discussed, if its short then time window to score that extra crit damage is still an opportunity. I think that taking 3 tactics to have that crit setup to shine is very great investment in build/gear . Overall in proper balance those feature are adding some really good taste to Malice, tree seems complete.
Other note Blade of Ruin might return and possess the suggested above change, if other tactic proposals are better.
Tactic has no use, but could add some spice to the tree, as long as it doesn't add more crit buff. BG has enough. Would probably be better to make simply a "Reduce damage of Pitiless Strike by 35% but its effect will instead affect 2 extra targets within 30 ft of your current target". That's more in the tune with the mastery cost of the tactic imo, and doesn't create a broken rolfstomping build. As for hate reduction you currently have a core tactic, Efficient Slaughter, and it works at half potency but for all skills, so is a lot better. Still wouldn't pick it over other more important or powerful ones.
Spoiler: