Recent Topics

Ads

WE Build Ideas + Tactics Combos

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
desizt

WE Build Ideas + Tactics Combos

Post#1 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:30 am

Hi!

Just looking for some ideas on how to proceed with fresh 40 WE, mainly for WB grind but also a lot of solo RvR lakes roam.

I do like the: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... mt=5639&t= build

But what about tactics? Is the str tactic viable? 50% Crit damage, 15% more damage from sides/back, then what else? Whirling Blades for quicker blood lust? Str? Fleet footed?

Also, Frenzied Mayhem, increases 5% Frenzy damage for each point of bloodlust - how would that work with Witchbrew?

And what about an AP-drain build? Kiss of Death, Frenzy for AA speed (Sacrificial Stab), tactic for AA speed plus Rare fortune AP drain? I imagine it would be a nightmare to deal with in 6v6.

Also, which gear to go for until I get Annihilator?
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
Bobbiom

Re: WE Build Ideas + Tactics Combos

Post#2 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 am

Your build is sound and pick up elixirs of shadows when you get your next mastery point.

Flanking and frenzied Mayhem will increase the damage of Witchbrew.
Last time I tested it taste of blood doesn't.

Brute force, frenzied mayhem, flanking and increased pain will work just fine.

Beastlord is a good set to have.

popperz

Post#3 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:27 am

If I had a low rr (40) WE, I would go:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5637,5601

Witchbrew and Swift Movements are your constant source of damage and very good in 1v1 environment. This build was viable in the late days on live server due to high armor/defenses. Something similar in terms of defenses is occurring on this server now. Many spec -crit and high armor. Taking into account that crit rate is nerfed in RoR, there is no point in crit dmg tactic, because the chances for you to crit at rr40 are laughable.

Sacrifices rewarded is a great tactic for any build. Also it's unique for WE. Solid gold.
The rest is optional and requires testing. (f.e. in 15-20 sec timeframe what gives more dmg +160 str, which is a ~8% improvement or frenzied mayhem, etc.)
RR-wise I would go full parry, 2x futile strikes, rest optional at rr40.

The more skillful and higher rr-wise you become, the more glassiness in your spec will start to dominate. You will be able to play burst specs (and still fail to kill healers, but that is another story). However, at rr40 without gear, definitely choose more defensive builds. Otherwise the re-spawn button will be pressed way to often.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Ototo

Post#4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:19 am

I would rather drop Black Lotus and get Elixir of Shadows, then at rr50 you can get Black Lotus. You can further exploit it to get extra reductions in AP, break the contact, position for killing, or even applying a second different out-of-shadows rebuff. EoS has way too many uses to be left out.

Imo, the more glass cannon you go, the better, cause until that you get better gear, your best defense is reducing your time-to-kill as much as you can. The full idea is getting very fast weapons, and reducing the TTK so it last as long as the knockdown.
popperz wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:27 am If I had a low rr (40) WE, I would go:

Witchbrew and Swift Movements are your constant source of damage and very good in 1v1 environment. This build was viable in the late days on live server due to high armor/defenses. Something similar in terms of defenses is occurring on this server now. Many spec -crit and high armor. Taking into account that crit rate is nerfed in RoR, there is no point in crit dmg tactic, because the chances for you to crit at rr40 are laughable.

Sacrifices rewarded is a great tactic for any build. Also it's unique for WE. Solid gold.
The rest is optional and requires testing. (f.e. in 15-20 sec timeframe what gives more dmg +160 str, which is a ~8% improvement or frenzied mayhem, etc.)

The more skillful and higher rr-wise you become, the more glassiness in your spec will start to dominate. You will be able to play burst specs (and still fail to kill healers, but that is another story). However, at rr40 without gear, definitely choose more defensive builds. Otherwise the re-spawn button will be pressed way to often.
Without knockdown and with tactics relying in being hit to increase damage, you are as good as dead meat, plus that as destro you don't really need so much disrupt as order, only relevant class that may require you to drop the 100% disrupt being skilled defensive DPS AMs, which are extremely rare. All the other casters are probably dead by the time the knockdown is over. Also not flanking when you pretty much pass 3/4 of the time in the sides looking for the back or in the back of your enemies.
Spoiler:

desizt

Post#5 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:23 pm

Yes, the idea was to have Elixir of Shadows also, with the Annihilator gear +1 skill.

This build is for ganking squishy dps (who on their right mind ganks healers anyway, right?) and I plan to run Annihilator, which is the only thing I have access to right now because rest is farmfarmfarm, but Anni also works the best til rr50+ it seems because of the extra mastery point.

My plan is to use this to gank for that sweet solo kill RP bonus and do some premade scs perhaps, to get that sweet Domi defensive set for 1vX fights in the future.

Beastlord seems very meh, as every other set with weaponskill because I have usually no problem landing AW as I spin around the pole.

I've tried to do a lot of research, but the tactics are something that need to be tested dps-wise because no specific info is to be found. Is there a DPS-meter-like addon to test your dps with different tactics equipped?
Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:19 am I would rather drop Black Lotus and get Elixir of Shadows, then at rr50 you can get Black Lotus. You can further exploit it to get extra reductions in AP, break the contact, position for killing, or even applying a second different out-of-shadows rebuff. EoS has way too many uses to be left out.

Imo, the more glass cannon you go, the better, cause until that you get better gear, your best defense is reducing your time-to-kill as much as you can. The full idea is getting very fast weapons, and reducing the TTK so it last as long as the knockdown.

Without knockdown and with tactics relying in being hit to increase damage, you are as good as dead meat, plus that as destro you don't really need so much disrupt as order, only relevant class that may require you to drop the 100% disrupt being skilled defensive DPS AMs, which are extremely rare. All the other casters are probably dead by the time the knockdown is over. Also not flanking when you pretty much pass 3/4 of the time in the sides looking for the back or in the back of your enemies.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

Ototo

Post#6 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:04 pm

desizt wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:23 pm
Spoiler:
Yes, the idea was to have Elixir of Shadows also, with the Annihilator gear +1 skill.

This build is for ganking squishy dps (who on their right mind ganks healers anyway, right?) and I plan to run Annihilator, which is the only thing I have access to right now because rest is farmfarmfarm, but Anni also works the best til rr50+ it seems because of the extra mastery point.

My plan is to use this to gank for that sweet solo kill RP bonus and do some premade scs perhaps, to get that sweet Domi defensive set for 1vX fights in the future.

Beastlord seems very meh, as every other set with weaponskill because I have usually no problem landing AW as I spin around the pole.

I've tried to do a lot of research, but the tactics are something that need to be tested dps-wise because no specific info is to be found. Is there a DPS-meter-like addon to test your dps with different tactics equipped?
Ototo wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:19 am I would rather drop Black Lotus and get Elixir of Shadows, then at rr50 you can get Black Lotus. You can further exploit it to get extra reductions in AP, break the contact, position for killing, or even applying a second different out-of-shadows rebuff. EoS has way too many uses to be left out.

Beastlord provides a very useful bonus with just 2 pieces, one very good jewelry and one customizable cape thanks to its talisman slot, being the 3rd a pocket item so you can always get it easily and maximize for stats with other gear sets.

There is a DPS meter but is not very accurate. The dummies in the Undercroft/War Quarters are more accurate to meassure it.

As for tactics, it really depends: If you have a lot of Opportunist levels, go for increased crit dmg, otherwise get the reduced cooldown in Feinted (specially useful if you are gonna be running in WBs whr a lot of the fight is full frontal). For the rest, Flanking is a must, and the more Strenght the better, so Brute Force is other must so you can eventually spare tali slots for Weapon Skill but not for now.

The last one is the way you play, really: If you are a lot of times in trouble Swift Pursuit is curiosly a decent "don't panic" button, I'm not a big fan of Frenzied Mayhem myself but I have to recognize that it's decent (not much more cause WE Frenzies in general deal way less base dmg than WH Executions, due to this tactic and Witchbrew, and this tactic just enforce a very specific WH play-style that WEs are not needed to use), and finally Baneful Touch and For the Hag Queen! even being situational are extremely useful too. Up to you, really. Tactics define the way you play more than anything else.
Spoiler:

Nidwin

Post#7 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 am

I use this, more or less, most of the time on my WE's (have 4)

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5599,5603

You just need to find a way you like playing
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Alfa1986

Post#8 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 am

15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Miszczu5647

Post#9 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm

I am very happy with the results of Frenzied Mayhem and Bleeding Edge tactics with Ruthless Assault.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

desizt

Post#10 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Miszczu5647 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:27 pm I am very happy with the results of Frenzied Mayhem and Bleeding Edge tactics with Ruthless Assault.
That seems some monster nuke dps
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts