Recent Topics

Ads

Ironbreaker SnB DPS builds?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Re: Ironbreaker SnB DPS builds?

Post#11 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 pm

Honestly, the playstyles for SnB and 2h IB are pretty similar, as is the gear. You end up speccing pretty deftardish as 2h anyways, and you end up doing broadly the same stuff. The specs even look similar, both being invested heavily into Brotherhood, with Stone and Vengeance being your 2ndry trees.

I think 2h can be more fun as you do appreciably more damage, and so can at least put out some decent assist dps while still specced defensively. And if youre partner is relatively tanky, like a WP, then you can get away with it. Or if youre in a proper group where youre the offtank and there is someone else as main tank.

I will say I think Irvid undersells the 2h IB a bit, but both are viable. 2h IB can still be really tanky with all the parry you can stack, while still maintaining good burst damage from ES, your dots, and almost certainly 100% uptime 50% aa haste.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:46 am

what's the current def snb spec for rvr? i can't remember any big ib changes

Eathisword

Post#13 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:06 pm
The Dawi community on ror is very good and helpful which makes things easier.
That’s because, instead of arguing ad nauseum with the staff like all the other races, we just bury them grudges deep into our souls, never to forgive or forget.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

DokB

Post#14 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:34 am

Eathisword wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 am
Fallenkezef wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:06 pm
The Dawi community on ror is very good and helpful which makes things easier.
That’s because, instead of arguing ad nauseum with the staff like all the other races, we just bury them grudges deep into our souls, never to forgive or forget.
I’m sure it would be a lot different if the IB had been subjected to massive changes on par with the other classes. Outside a few QoL changes, IB has remained relatively unchanged. Thankfully there are a few brave Dawi who know when the time is right to argue with the staff when there’s a proposal that would only make them weaker and less fun to play(13pt Cave-In comes to mind).
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Eathisword

Post#15 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:29 am

Spoiler:
DokB wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:34 am
I’m sure it would be a lot different if the IB had been subjected to massive changes on par with the other classes. Outside a few QoL changes, IB has remained relatively unchanged. Thankfully there are a few brave Dawi who know when the time is right to argue with the staff when there’s a proposal that would only make them weaker and less fun to play(13pt Cave-In comes to mind).
Meh not really true. We’ve been hit by rebound from a lot of changes, because we are a class that has been mostly ignored outside of fixing SaS and Runic like 2 years ago.
First, that conq gear has no ini on tanks is terrible for IB having probably the lowest base ini. Second, the disruptable dot changes was a massive unintended buff due to Avalanche, giving us insane mobility and infinite grudges basically. Now, by reverting it after like a year, it feels like a massive nerf by rebound, needing to reslot RA and losing the mobility. Outside of roleplay and looks, IB is re-again the worse tank, albeit not that bad. So it will remained ignored.

Ah sorry for derailing OP.
Hmpfff... i am in a bad mood tonight lol.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#16 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:54 am

Eathisword wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:29 am
Spoiler:
DokB wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:34 am
Meh not really true. We’ve been hit by rebound from a lot of changes, because we are a class that has been mostly ignored outside of fixing SaS and Runic like 2 years ago.
First, that conq gear has no ini on tanks is terrible for IB having probably the lowest base ini. Second, the disruptable dot changes was a massive unintended buff due to Avalanche, giving us insane mobility and infinite grudges basically. Now, by reverting it after like a year, it feels like a massive nerf by rebound, needing to reslot RA and losing the mobility. Outside of roleplay and looks, IB is re-again the worse tank, albeit not that bad. So it will remained ignored.

Ah sorry for derailing OP.
Hmpfff... i am in a bad mood tonight lol.
Pretty much all correct though. The recent buffs to ranged strikethrough, removal of dot changes, and nerf of deft defender have made being any tank rougher as you now have less avoidance, as does your guardee, and you're probably facing a firing squad of Sorcs and Magi. Sm still got WoDS, and KoTBS got Vigilance, but IB gets stuck a bit in that no-man's land between them. Still the most fun tank, but definitely a rougher go now.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

nebelwerfer

Post#17 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:33 am

one word; axeslam

DokB

Post#18 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:14 am

I was talking more about ability reworks and movement within the skill tree (such as the numerous changes to BO/SM/Chosen/BG). The recent DoT change + Strikethrough stuff is going to hurt all tanks, but at least it benefits the IB whose damage is majority dot based.
Personally I feel they should have made an exception to grudge generation on DoT ticks for the IB and just scrap RA all together and let them gain grudge on hit. And Conq initiative values isn’t a new thing, the BO has always suffered along with the IB from chance to be crit. With the IB being almost always second fiddle to SM, IB is in need of some love.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#19 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:52 am

@Op
Helm - domi
Shoulders - domi
Cloak - BL
Chest - BL
Gloves - domi
Belt - conq
Boots - conq
Weapon - subj hammer
Shield - subj
Jewelry - 1BL, rest is up to situation and you need to swap it (3 types of Genesis, wi)

Spec - trispec with pk, Furious Reprisal and / or rune-etched axe kb
Talis - those are to balance, generally 2 ini, some toughness, some str
RR - classic, avoidance + fs. You may skip some last takes (except block) for crit or str.

Also there is high crit (even RR) defensive gear (5conq) solo roaming spec with oathstone, which I didn't test yet

DirkDaring

Post#20 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:41 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:52 am @Op
Helm - domi
Shoulders - domi
Cloak - BL
Chest - BL
Gloves - domi
Belt - conq
Boots - conq
Weapon - subj hammer
Shield - subj
Jewelry - 1BL, rest is up to situation and you need to swap it (3 types of Genesis, wi)

Spec - trispec with pk, Furious Reprisal and / or rune-etched axe kb
Talis - those are to balance, generally 2 ini, some toughness, some str
RR - classic, avoidance + fs. You may skip some last takes (except block) for crit or str.

Also there is high crit (even RR) defensive gear (5conq) solo roaming spec with oathstone, which I didn't test yet

Pretty much what I'm running atm on my IB alt.

4 BL, 4 Conq chest, gloves, belt, boots, 1 gen ring + block 3 WI, sub 1h, sub shield .only RR 50 due to many a lts, and been away 2 years.

Buffed im 603 str, 500 WS, 262 intiv, 700 tough, 8200 wounds, 0% chance to be crit. 24% block, 54% parry, 25% chance to crit if I buff and use sweet revenge, 5k armor.

Just messing around, but it's fun, to pla y.