Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] 40/43 Engineer Gear Help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tayl0r

[Engi] 40/43 Engineer Gear Help

Post#1 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 pm

Currently sitting at 40/43 but im not really sure what gear I should be working towards. Im playing a grenade build at the moment as I feel I do more with it at my current gear level.

I have full set of Mercenary armour, 3 piece Winds Impervious and my current gun is Deadeye - The rest is just basic items.

Should I look at farming Ruin set instead and is there any better accessories I can get?

Ads
CeeJay89

Re: [Engi] 40/43 Engineer Gear Help

Post#2 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:11 am

Tayl0r wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 pm Currently sitting at 40/43 but im not really sure what gear I should be working towards. Im playing a grenade build at the moment as I feel I do more with it at my current gear level.

I have full set of Mercenary armour, 3 piece Winds Impervious and my current gun is Deadeye - The rest is just basic items.

Should I look at farming Ruin set instead and is there any better accessories I can get?
I would say a pretty reasonable goal would be 5pc conq, 3pc (4pc? Whichever has the WS bonus), and then some Genesis.

Run a snipe build, attend some sieges and unload on squishies.

The 5pc proc is pretty great on conq.

xanderous

Post#3 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:03 pm

If you are wanting to do actual damage, throw that winds impervious set in the trash, unless you are a lowbie tanky rifter build, its useless for your already fluff damage grenade spec, you need to softcap the balistic, weaponskill not useful on grenades pec personally i think at your level if you wanna see some actual kills and insist on using grenades, your better off with this build as a lowbie.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3648,3640

Mainly focus on single target with room to spam grenades at further range with machinegun turret range increase buff, you can kill squishies and also spam phosphorous shells in choke, as well as snipe anyone running away on low health, full conq is fine, pretty damn good actually for the initiative debuff alone, full renown points into crit, once baslistic skill is capped, the rest points spend on deft defender, weaponskill for remaining points, thats it really, get vanq, get more renown points, profit.

This is the build i use currently on when i play engineer not even in full vanq and its just fine.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3674,3648
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Tayl0r

Post#4 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Thanks for the replies.
Ill keep saving for the conq gear and then switch to Snipe build again; for now I might try that Phosphorous snipe build that Xander posted.

Is there any easy to obtain weapon / accessories I can get?

ChicagoJoe

Post#5 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Check bitterstone guide for general information and wb play. Fixxer Ironforge website for PVP.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ototo

Post#6 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:09 pm

Tayl0r wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:51 pm Thanks for the replies.
Ill keep saving for the conq gear and then switch to Snipe build again; for now I might try that Phosphorous snipe build that Xander posted.

I'm gonna jump and suggest that if you are deep into Grenadier play style you prefer Tinkerer as your secondary tree. Grenadier doesn't need armor penetration, but instead the crit chance from Tinkerer, and you may aswell take the magnet in the line. I would go like this.

As for gear, focus in the belt as set belts are a huge improvement over common ones. You can get very decent weapons from Epic Quests, Gunbad, and open RvR bags and influence rewards, and none of those are specially hard to obtain. Gunbad is your best bet for easy jewelry.
Spoiler:

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:17 pm

Tayl0r wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:51 pm Thanks for the replies.

Accesories: genesis set (in rvr bags)/T4 influence rewards/beastlord (cloak/ring/pocket)
weapons: subjugator (in rvr bags)/T4 influence rewards/Paragon-exemplar seals vendor/ SC weapons