Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Grace Help

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aloneri

[WP] Grace Help

Post#1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:32 am

Hi,

I have questions about how best to build a Grace based WP, I'm currently at level 33/35 and I'm intending of using the last few levels to build towards a gear set which would mesh well with the abilities and skill requirements to play a Grace WP.

I hear it's difficult to master and tough to play correctly which is what I'm looking for, standing in one spot spamming my heals stopped being interesting for me in Vanilla WoW back in 2006!

I've tried to look up Rydiak within Discord but don't see you on the server.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: [WP] Grace Help

Post#2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:08 am

I waited until I had ruin gear, and then used a lot of STR tallies. The main issue with Grace WP is that all your heals are party only. In certain situations, particularly defensive sieges, it is very strong.

Grace is very good in some SCs, or in the right group. Essentially, you want a lot of melee in your party. In RvR, your healing is less effective the more you have to heal outside of your group.

One thing I do is have a bunch of willpower stuff ready, so if I am not in the right party, I can switch to a more conventional healer if the party is not right for Grace. Sigmar Radiance is basically your main healing output. You don't miss out on a lot with grace abilities and so you can set up your char to allow a quick switch to a more healing focused character, which is particularly useful in RvR or if you are low on healers.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... 13&t=30627

I found once I get ruin gear, Grace WP becomes viable. Since you 2-3 pieces ruin and 2-3 mercenary will give you something like +1.5k armour. You then use a lot of str tallies to make radiance work well for you.

You can also make a really tanky healer, use shields etc, but not be grace. I see Grace as an option, and be ready to be a more conventional healer if need be.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rydiak

Post#3 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:47 am

Ruin is a very good starter set now (after it was updated), and is very easy to obtain. The usual "go to" armor sets are Beastlord and the SC sets (I use a combination of Beastlord and Oppressor). Sentinel from dungeons is also SUPER good.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Derry

Post#4 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:18 am

You can also get oppressor way faster now with ranked sc's. 25 for the win. I would also imagine that 6v6 situation is where grace spec shines. Shield wp is still counted as healer by ranked sc's right?

auzzibear

Post#5 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:56 am

Derry wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:18 am You can also get oppressor way faster now with ranked sc's. 25 for the win. I would also imagine that 6v6 situation is where grace spec shines. Shield wp is still counted as healer by ranked sc's right?
Yes, shield WP is still counted as healer
Auzzimvp, Cow Handler of <Salt Factory>

Aussi-Slayer | Auzzima-WP | Auzzi-WH | Auzzita-RP | Auzzimvp-WL
Auzz- DoK | Dubbs- Mara | Dubs- BG | Izua- Sham
at least 40/40 on most classes, just ran out of room :D