Recent Topics

Ads

Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Basil

Re: Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Post#41 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:35 am

RR100 WH back on live. My guild would regularly run two tank/WH combos and we'd wreck aoe crews. Heck, we wrecked everything. I'm pretty sure one of our healers was actually a robot, so that was a factor. But I don't think the majority of people realize just how substantial the WH burst is if timed right.

But honestly, if you don't have a good crew to run with I'd suggest a different class. The range is real and without a guard or healing, you're a speed bump. But with a guard and decent heals, you'll outpace all other mdps when you learn your burst timing.
Basil/Brift - WH Volkmar - RvR/Elite

Ads
Jaycub

Post#42 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:58 am

WL is superior to WH in every way

It was only better in t4 on live when people had 9 billion armor from warpforged :^)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#43 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:01 am

U have a rly problem if u ask if WH can be played cause so many ppl here in dat forum think that so many classes are not playable cause it gives better one , and thats so stupid . Just play what u want all chars can be useful
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Jail

Post#44 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:20 am

Yes it does. Great class! :)

Shutyergob

Post#45 » Thu May 12, 2016 7:19 am

Not amongst decent folk.

Tklees

Post#46 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

as most have said WH shines in most aspects of the game:

in a 6 man they make excellent melee train companions with either of the other two MDPS

in a solo stance they have many tools that allow them to pick when and who they fight and how the fight will begin as well as a bag of tricks to escape or prolong the fight

in a warband as a backlines killer, we would regularly run an 8 man with 2 WHs in the off party while our slayer and BW aoe'd the main front and the WHs picked off healers with their front end burst. Notice how i left out aoe dps? That is where they lack. Class is otherwise fine.
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

sydd

Post#47 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:44 pm

Basil wrote:RR100 WH back on live. My guild would regularly run two tank/WH combos and we'd wreck aoe crews. Heck, we wrecked everything. I'm pretty sure one of our healers was actually a robot, so that was a factor. But I don't think the majority of people realize just how substantial the WH burst is if timed right.

But honestly, if you don't have a good crew to run with I'd suggest a different class. The range is real and without a guard or healing, you're a speed bump. But with a guard and decent heals, you'll outpace all other mdps when you learn your burst timing.
What you wrote about WH in a group of 6 is true, wh is very useful, btw in all other cases they are crap, soloing included.

So to answer the thread question: Yes he has a very useful place in a small group when he can have healer and guard.