Recent Topics

Ads

WH master career, tactics and renown build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xergon

Re: WH master career, tactics and renown build

Post#11 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:36 pm

sydd wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 am Hi everybody,

after years i started to play a WH again, mostly as solo/pug. I noticed some difference between now and live game (of course) and between now and what it was like on this same server. On live server almost every WH run with "cannon glass" build, i mean something like this: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4368,4395 or https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4368,4395 if you were in a a party, while, as regards rp we tended to maximize crit and str if i remember well.
So, can any experienced WH on this server explain to me all the changes and suggest me a good build for soloing?

Thank you :mrgreen:
I think there are 3 specs that are viable in RoR as WH atm.

AoE Spec (AoE just because it has AoE abilities in it, not like AoE on WH is viable thing yet still better than WL...):
RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

Premade 6man spec:

ST spec:

There are ofc some others "worth" variations like Abso spam with crit but its more for "fun" spec than reliable source of dmg.

I run 1st spec and i like it a lot, it gives a lot options. I like 30ft range KD even when I roam solo. RB and SoM are your ass saving abilities. Sure you will struggle to kill proper/good healers but thats the trade off.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
Haskr

Post#12 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:00 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:36 pm

after years i started to play a WH again, mostly as solo/pug. I noticed some difference between now and live game (of course) and between now and what it was like on this same server. On live server almost every WH run with "cannon glass" build, i mean something like this: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4368,4395 or https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4368,4395 if you were in a a party, while, as regards rp we tended to maximize crit and str if i remember well.
So, can any experienced WH on this server explain to me all the changes and suggest me a good build for soloing?

AoE Spec (AoE just because it has AoE abilities in it, not like AoE on WH is viable thing yet still better than WL...):

Premade 6man spec:

ST spec:

There are ofc some others "worth" variations like Abso spam with crit but its more for "fun" spec than reliable source of dmg.

I run 1st spec and i like it a lot, it gives a lot options. I like 30ft range KD even when I roam solo. RB and SoM are your ass saving abilities. Sure you will struggle to kill proper/good healers but thats the trade off.
I see a lot of WH running blessed blades in ST, though if they take BAL they have to miss out on something because there are not enough mastery points to take all the good stuff

Xergon

Post#13 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:21 pm

Haskr wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:00 pm
Spoiler:
Xergon wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Premade 6man spec:

ST spec:

I see a lot of WH running blessed blades in ST, though if they take BAL they have to miss out on something because there are not enough mastery points to take all the good stuff
This spec looks ok but i would not run it myself.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

abezverkhiy

Post#14 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:16 am

BaL is our most hitting ability if not dispelled. Taking both Blessed Blades and BaL requires 26 points which you always have. Next you choose between RB, SoM, PW and crit tactics.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

popperz

Post#15 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:53 am

Still can't persuade myself switching to BAL. WH does not have a 20sec feinted positioning tactic like WE. It makes cooldowns between bursts too long unless you are running in a group (where people run from you).

For soloing I would stay with dragon gun, which I do.

Also for the whole week was running with seeker's blade tactic. Surprisingly, it was good. Mostly because of the amazing animation - every 5 sec you are awesomely stylish. You lose 7-8% dmg against casters, but against melee it compensates when feinted positioning is down. It's a 1vs1 tactic.

The biggest let down is that the 50% chance to gain additional mechanic tactic is in the wrong tree and it is not possible to take it with dragon gun.

BTW taking into account the invader set, the one who was responsible for WH balancing clearly indicates that we should run with armor penetration tactic to have AA maximized, which again is for dragon gun.

Lastly, the ones who say that BAL is the best, can do so only before people gear up. Now a lot of people can't afford armor talismans or even potions. Also there is some funny toughness bug/feature for DOT's damage calculation, which may be or may be not fixed. All this make an illusion that BAL is amazing. Try to find a tank/healer with capped armor and maximum futile strikes and see how it goes.

So to summarize imo BAL will perish when armor ingredients become cheap (LOTD?). Same was apparent on live, the best WH switched to exit wounds.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

popperz

Post#16 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 am

Since nobody replied, some continuation of the WH thoughts. No reason for a new thread.

Tested the rr61 sc weapon versus subjugator. It was a dissapointment tbh, since one sc weapon gives a 1.6% dmg increase due dps and melee power. However, the subjugator proc was 3% of dmg (1M dmg data pool). Make your own conclusions if it is worth the grind.

Personally, I have stayed with sc weapons still due to wounds. Soloing 99% of time, so survivability is required.

I would really like to have the "wit" but since I don't do any PvE there is no chance. Intuitively I think it is very good. It is super slow (4s) and it will benefit with +AA speed modificators the most, while damage of AA should be >1k (light armor target). Having spikes is better than uniform damage. Harder to heal and react.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK