Recent Topics

Ads

Warrior Priest TANK

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GpuSW

Re: Warrior Priest TANK

Post#41 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:02 pm

kam19080 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:35 am In my opinion, shield spec is the ultimate build of WP.

If u say that WP can be a tank, it is just partly correct.

WP can not taunt, challenge and guard as many replies said before.

However, WP is a healer as a core, he has many healing skills.

I would say that WP is a defensive melee healer instead of a tank. On the opposite side, Dok is an offensive melee healer.

This is my build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4171,4154

If you play grace(shield/tank/defensive), you should have 4k+armor, 600+resist, and 400+thoughness.

My equipment:
4 pcs of redeye for 5xx armor bonus
The Winds Impervious jewel set
4 pcs of the invader set
weapon & shield (toughness>willpower>wounds)

Talisman(armor & toughness or resist)
very bad spec/gear xd i didnt know daffy duck was playing ROR!

Ads
kam19080

Post#42 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:17 am

my build is trying to increase your survival ability.

u can not heal as full salv spec, but u can reach a fair healing.

Anyway, it's a defensive melee healer build.
Last edited by kam19080 on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kam19080

Post#43 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:41 am

Arbich wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:24 am
kam19080 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:35 am In my opinion, shield spec is the ultimate build of WP.

If u say that WP can be a tank, it is just partly correct.

WP can not taunt, challenge and guard as many replies said before.

However, WP is a healer as a core, he has many healing skills.

I would say that WP is a defensive melee healer instead of a tank. On the opposite side, Dok is an offensive melee healer.

This is my build
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4171,4154

If you play grace(shield/tank/defensive), you should have 4k+armor, 600+resist, and 400+thoughness.

My equipment:
4 pcs of redeye for 5xx armor bonus
The Winds Impervious jewel set
4 pcs of the invader set
weapon & shield (toughness>willpower>wounds)

Talisman(armor & toughness or resist)
Whats the purpose of your build? It looks really strange. You play as melee healer? Use also some salv skills? Why no sigmars grace? Not worth it? Why spirit resi tactic and not discipline, exalted defense, charged fury, fueled fury or shield of faith?
It's a defensive melee healing build.

Pious Restoration is a grp hot, it can help you do tons of healing while u are in the frontline you will not get a problem outside the range of 100ft.

Not grace of Sigmar is that the additional basic heal is not worth for one tactic slot, and the healing increase to 75% of dmg is useless for a none STR build.

Thank you for ur advice, the spirit resist tactic could be changed to shield of faith or discipline against magical dmg.

Rydiak

Post#44 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am

Grace of Sigmar is the REASON why you play Grace. It not only increases the lifetap percentage, but also increases the base heal. You might as well not use Sigmar's Radiance if you don't have Grace of Sigmar slotted, and thus you might as well just play normal Salvation WP.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

kam19080

Post#45 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am

Rydiak wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am Grace of Sigmar is the REASON why you play Grace. It not only increases the lifetap percentage, but also increases the base heal. You might as well not use Sigmar's Radiance if you don't have Grace of Sigmar slotted, and thus you might as well just play normal Salvation WP.
I'm trying to use discipline, shield of faith & grace of sigmar to replace the spirit resist tactic slot, cause I usually use sigmar vision, fist, warden & purge, so that I just got lack of time for using sigmar radiance, however, radiance is the core skill of grace, more than half of healing was done by radiance. I used grace of sigmar many times before, finally I got the leading prayer is much more useful and efficient once u got enough for tanking.

Discipline: can stay backline healing with Restoration, Healing Hand & divine mend. (Also it's good for healing when u in the frontline)
Grace of sigmar: get 8X more base heal and 25%+ dmg to healing. (Sometimes, u attack the tank, that 25% more dmg to heal is useless or so lack for increasing the heal while u are not STR build)

anarchypark

Post#46 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:57 pm

Rydiak wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:38 am Grace of Sigmar is the REASON why you play Grace. It not only increases the lifetap percentage, but also increases the base heal. You might as well not use Sigmar's Radiance if you don't have Grace of Sigmar slotted, and thus you might as well just play normal Salvation WP.

what would you do when u get kited, disarmed, knocked down, interrupted.
your build is dps heal with shield equipped. old 2h dps heal build now having block.
tank wp is different grace build.
half tank half heal. and healing part is divided again by half melee half casting.

grace is mastery dependant. proc and sigma shield don't need str.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4154,4153

26 block, 20+- parry/dodge/disrupt, 0 ctbc.
playstyle is same. one step behind from front line. busy rotation to stay alive.
you can grp heal, cc is not a problem.
and pocket guard/heal is not mandatory.

but like all other half build. it shines after real tank/heal roles were filled.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

kam19080

Post#47 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:29 pm

anarchypark wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:57 pm

what would you do when u get kited, disarmed, knocked down, interrupted.
your build is dps heal with shield equipped. old 2h dps heal build now having block.
tank wp is different grace build.
half tank half heal. and healing part is divided again by half melee half casting.

grace is mastery dependant. proc and sigma shield don't need str.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4154,4153

26 block, 20+- parry/dodge/disrupt, 0 ctbc.
playstyle is same. one step behind from front line. busy rotation to stay alive.
you can grp heal, cc is not a problem.
and pocket guard/heal is not mandatory.

but like all other half build. it shines after real tank/heal roles were filled.
Agree with you, when u review the melee healing tree of WP(Grace) & Dok(Sacrifice), it's not hard to find out that, WP skills are defensive build and Dok skills are offensive build.

That's why I encourage some shield wps to become a defensive melee healer instead of stacking STR but not stack armor, resist, toughness and etc for being an offensive melee healer.

By the way, the main point is u are healing class. "it shines after real tank/heal roles were filled"