Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Tips on my healer build?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ChaosNomad

[Warrior Priest] Tips on my healer build?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am

Hey guys! I'm looking for some tips from experienced WPs to help me craft a better build, or help me a bit with my rotation.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4154,4177

Here's my oRvR/SC build for my Warrior Priest.

I generally try to keep Divine Aid and Healing Hand up as much as possible, and use Divine Mend whenever i see someone drop below 70%. When people around me are getting AoE'd, i generally just channel Martyr's Blessing, or try to shield them with Divine Light. I also cleanse whenever it's off cooldown, mostly the melees and tanks as they get bombed with curses the most, i noticed.

But here's the issue i noticed, in oRvR especially. The groups are very rarely well organized, and i sometimes feel like putting Mastery points into Pious Restoration and Divine Light was a waste. I almost never use Touch of the Divine because of that either.
But then again, what else am i going to put those points in? Damaging skills?

I mostly hang in the back, to avoid the Choppa trains, and engage in mid range only when we're pushing, or when AoE heals are needed, or when some tank guards me.

At this point i'm trying to save as much gold as possible, so i generally am not slotting any expensive talismans into my gear. I noticed that i die really quick if a few melees jump on me, so i just focus on stacking as much willpower/healcrit to keep everyone else up as much as possible, and rely on keeping distance.

Any tips, adjustments, and critique is welcome!
Last edited by ChaosNomad on Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
uanaka

Re: Tips on my WP healer build?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Tactics - Until you hit 40, I'd drop Divine Warding and go for Exalted Defenses. Exalted Defenses is why WPs can have such great healing output.

Healing Hand, Divine Mend, Pious Restoration and Divine Light are your bread and butters. Divine Aid is not worth the cast most of the time since it has such a high righteous fury cost.

Martyr's Blessing shouldn't really be used in SCs, and in RVRs it has limited use and you really only use it to farm renown from out of group healing. I don't think it's that great of a normal heal to keep in your normal rotation. Once you get Invader + Exalted Defenses, it's kind of worth it cause you can crit for 700-800 a tick.

Because you're in oRVR I would definitely have pious restoration and divine light. They are 100 ft, group wide HOT and an absorb shield. Who cares if the group isn't your perfect 2-2-2, those are still great skills to be using.

In terms of survival, you have one of the best detaunts in the game. You're not going to always survive solo, but WPs should definitely be building defensively in terms of renown points. Especially since willpower doesn't add all that much.

larsulu
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:28 pm

ChaosNomad wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:31 am Hey guys! I'm looking for some tips from experienced WPs to help me craft a better build, or help me a bit with my rotation.

https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4154,4177

Here's my oRvR/SC build for my Warrior Priest.

I generally try to keep Divine Aid and Healing Hand up as much as possible, and use Divine Mend whenever i see someone drop below 70%. When people around me are getting AoE'd, i generally just channel Martyr's Blessing, or try to shield them with Divine Light. I also cleanse whenever it's off cooldown, mostly the melees and tanks as they get bombed with curses the most, i noticed.

But here's the issue i noticed, in oRvR especially. The groups are very rarely well organized, and i sometimes feel like putting Mastery points into Pious Restoration and Divine Light was a waste. I almost never use Touch of the Divine because of that either.
But then again, what else am i going to put those points in? Damaging skills?

I mostly hang in the back, to avoid the Choppa trains, and engage in mid range only when we're pushing, or when AoE heals are needed, or when some tank guards me.

At this point i'm trying to save as much gold as possible, so i generally am not slotting any expensive talismans into my gear. I noticed that i die really quick if a few melees jump on me, so i just focus on stacking as much willpower/healcrit to keep everyone else up as much as possible, and rely on keeping distance.

Any tips, adjustments, and critique is welcome!
My wp rr are :
Futile strikes, deft defender , heal crit , initiative.
I’m running full armor talismans.
My tactics are :
Refreshing radiance, cleansing power , repent and last tactic is a Choise based on situation.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:44 pm

The winds impervious set, is nice, if you picked it up yet, a guide can be found on first page in General, sticked, at the top.

Play around with different set bonus, going all one set is nice, but sometimes tuning 4 ,2 set for wounds etc, can be good too.

I'd drop divine warding, and pick up cleansing power. Exalted defense, intimidating repent, and willpower, willpower is optional, or refreshing Radiance, keep divine light, pious restro, Marty blessing, is just used to heal people out of group, if needed.

Due to so many AOE, going off, purple mist, etc Exalted def proc will be up a lot, boosting your healing.

Before they changed it, sometimes I'd run exalted, plus factism, where you got 10 crit, and parry, since it counted t owards heal crit, as a cheap way to get it, and due to always gettting hit exalted def was normally proced, canceling out the neg.

Eventually when you have the points, pick up hp buff from grace.

Renown, deft def 3 is ok, futile strikes 2 or 3, depending on gear, 2 or 3 ranks of heal crit, then into intivitive if needed to get it atleast 250.

Talismans, a mix of armor, and wounds, something like 5 armor, 2 wounds, dead healer. Cant heal.
Last edited by DirkDaring on Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:02 pm

MB is an excellent heal when defending doors or in any other small space packed with people. My healing calculator ranks it as #1. And it heals everyone bnot just group members. A must have in rvr but low value in sc.

Divine Aid is a good supplement to Divine Mend.

Healing Hand is a cheap and powerful hot.

Tactics- willpower, aoe detaunt, +20% healing upon avoidance, mass purify.

Talis - armor. 80% mitigation is achievable after rr50 but remember- there are armor ignoring attacks. In other words- your place in battle is very close to front lines but not a part of front lines.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:34 pm

Build (Web builders doesn’t like mobile):
AoE shield, AoE hot, sigmar’s shield, wounds buff, AP restore, cleanse, martyrs blessing if you can afford it

SCs tactics: willpower, refreshing radiance, cleanse, detaunt.

WBs tactics: cleanse, 35 fury on being hit, exalted, disrupt

From what you wrote your fundamentals seem on point, but don’t be afraid to you ToD (especially if you got refresh radiance equipped). With onslaught/vanq your fury regen is good enough to use it. Try to keep around 120-150 fury at any point. Otherwise you seem to be on point.

I run full armor talis on my armor (3.7k armor - 4k with RP armor buff) and 2 ini talis (320 ini with RP Rune) on my hammer and chalice. Check Gabber on the armory.

Ototo

Post#7 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:19 pm

Seems that you try be in the second front line. I would rather use this combo for that: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4153,4173

Absence of Faith, even though it is a mele skill, is extremely useful when the moment to use it arise, helping your team with a push to kill a particularly tough to kill tank or healer, and placing points in the dps tree will also improve Smite that is the skill you are gonna be spamming in that range. Not that you gonna top charts using it, but I thing is a nice side effect for getting a really useful skill. Tip: You can silence not only healers and Magus, but also Marauders in that range.

If you are a third or fourth liner, I would go with this: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4151,4153

I don't think that you actually want to keep the m4 at 40/40, but given that you can't really take more from other trees, it's fine. There are skills that we rarely use, but that actually can make a difference in those few moments we do. That you spend points in a skill doesn't mean that you have to spam it. You can use the 30ft AoE heal to heal rangeds while giving a more personal touch to those in the front line, which normally need more care. Mass with your RDPSs and simply mimic with them.

Not a big fan of those barriers, but maybe that's me being reckless at times in my healers. In both builds I moved the tactic point to the group cleanse. I find that, specially in PvP, cleanses are very cheap "false heals", that effectively heal for the amount of damage they avoid. That can be a lot for some DPS classes that are popular, like Magus, and when they apply a DoT, you cleanse for the entire party, effectively negating thousands of points of damage that would be way more expensive in AP and/or Righteous Fury to heal. That is why I spam cleanses always if I see the button available. Let's say that it is cost/effective.

At 40/40 you can take your choices more accurately. Levels 31 to 40 are the worst ones cause you are barely bolstered, yet you don't have gear still. Patience is the key there.

About talis and rr skills, I mostly agree with the others. Probably will drop Healing Crit to the bottom of the list for WP, cause most of the heals are HoTs (heal over time), and there is not a big difference when the crit is applied to a little tick of a HoT. It's clearly more noticeable in Archmages, cause even the HoTs are made of more spaced but way bigger ticks, making a crit a nice amount of healing. I would go straight forward for defenses, and ignore willpower entirely. In the end, you don't heal that much via added willpower, but due to the base that is applied for your level, or relative level if bolstered, and the base applied for the amount of points spends in a tree of which the skill is part. Those things bolster healing more, and a dead healer heals for zero.

Remember that even not spending a rr point or tali slot in willpower, due to the gear and gear bonuses, you will be sitting in a comfortably 600 +/- willpower, which is enough in nearly all situations. If you are needing more, enough to consider spending rr/talis in it, probably the enemy is about to overwhelm your position, your party is acting recklessly looking for a fast inglorious death, or your healing target is being assist-focused. Nothing you can really do about those 3 except hoping that support arrives, so best is to stabilize the situation thinking in the entire party instead of trying to help one player only (situation-dependant, but most commonly that not you gonna prefer to keep your tanks alive for their CC potential), reposition to a safer place and/or easier to defend, and dig in it. If you can't heal, at least you can avoid damage.

Hope this helps you.

PD: On a second read, I noticed a mistake. It's at 40/50, when no matter the line you are healing from, you probably want to run this build and drop the m4 of the healing tree: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,4154,4151

Not that you gonna use m4 that often, but is hardly possible to go further in it until rr70, when you can have a more focused approach with all the useful team-wide skills: https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... =4173,4153
Spoiler:

shaggyboomboom

Post#8 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:22 am

^ a lot of bad advice, will comment further why etc when I get the chance unless someone is faster than me

Ads
normanis

Post#9 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:54 am

i used iniative talismans on my wp + wounds/willpower. because i am low rr and i whant reach to be crit towards 0 and my iniative 300. byt still i die (haahaha) . second i dont understand why stack so much armor if wyches/mara /choppa anyway bypass most armor and sorc/magus dont even care about how big is your armor.
my wp ungeared unbuffed is 25% to be crit liek my mara .
i suggest do gundaband to get wp armor till u reach 540 armor bonuss and rest use conq or anni for willpower. + winds of imprevious + armor prayer u should reach 70% armor bonuss use armor pot and u have many talisman slots for iniative/wounds/willpower ( its how i build my wp, maby its not best)
best armor is onslaught for dok/wp (for essence reg)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#10 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:01 am

just checked gundaband armor bonuss is 528 + winds of imprevious + prayer its around 3500 armor 81% armor bonuss and without armor talismans. use armor pot and 4karmor just like that byt 170 iniative
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"