Recent Topics

Ads

Looking for 2H WP builds + partner builds

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kellindell

Looking for 2H WP builds + partner builds

Post#1 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:54 am

Hi, wasn't sure exactly where to post this so I am going with here since the 2 handed war priest is the constant here.

Been a really long time since I have played so dont consider anything common knowledge.

My friend wants to play, wants to play a 2H DPS warpriest.

I want to duo well with him, it was recommended to play IB, or SM as a close second. When I played this game in live I loved both classes.

Could anyone please provide a build(s) for the WP part of the duo, and possibly builds for IB or SM who would be duoing with the DPS warpriest.

Any other info, gear, whatever, would also be welcomed. Or directions to the place to go for that stuff.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Looking for 2H WP builds + partner builds

Post#2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:52 pm

So there's a few ways you could do this:

1) Super-offensive IB & Tanky Shield WP

* Shield WP uses this spec (feel free to take off LtP if you want AoE Detaunt or Emperor's Ward, but I wouldn't)
* Super-offensive IB uses this spec.
* Idea is for the IB to do the big boy damage on the target, Outgoing Heal Debuff, with the WP providing excellent healing, 10% Parry Buff for the IB, and an Incoming Heal Debuff.
* Enemies will tend to focus the Shield WP over the 2H IB, which will work in your favour.
* RR for IB should be Futile Strikes, Crit & Parry.
* RR for WP should be Futile Strikes, Block, Parry & Dodge and Disrupt.

2) 2H IB & DPS WP

* DPS WP uses this spec
* 2H IB uses this spec (though feel free to swap SoS with Rising Anger if you're having trouble building Grudge quick enough)
* Idea is for the IB to provide the Armor Debuff, Crit Debuff, Crit Buff, 25% Parry Buff & Runic-Shield for the WP, as well as an Outgoing Heal Debuff. The DPS WP goes to town with his damage. Earthshatter provides a lovely AoE Snare - and is bursty as ****, to boot.
* RR for IB should be Futile Strikes, Parry, Dodge and Disrupt & Quick Escape.
* RR for WP should be Futile Strikes, Max Crit & Parry/Dodge and Disrupt.

There's of course 100 other possible variations that you could use, but the above are just two examples of how you could play.

Kellindell

Re: Looking for 2H WP builds + partner builds

Post#3 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:01 am

I really see the synergy now.

Thank you so much for these builds.