Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Fifty shades of spec

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Xergon

Re: [WH] Fifty shades of spec

Post#31 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:06 pm

popperz wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:21 pm
Xergon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:01 pm I don't see any similar to BAL damage values here...
A dot with 704 base damage? My torment into dummie with no mitigation hits for 500-600 :(
And 5k dmg in 2 sec? :D Luckily I parried 2 hits and most of them didn't crit. Otherwise, I would be dead in 2 sec. This time I won but I guess it's pure luck. Melee SH has absolutely everything to kill WH...and I guess when majority of squigs L2P, your funny scenario of DA and run run run will be 90% of the time :)
If your BAL is doing 700dmg on Squishy target then you doing something wrong :D
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
alphaonezero10

Post#32 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:08 pm

I am now convinced that the best dps with Witch Hunters now is to arrange a 9-sec BAL burst window with blessed blades and flowing accusations Absolution spam. Since BB adds to armor pen you can reliably achieve 75-80ish armor penatration on your bal ticks , negating bals major weakness - armour, as well as chaining absos. A chained 2 point abso with bb up will hit harder than a torment when you add up the bullet procs. The counter-kite potential is a bonus too.

So many people stack armour nowadays from healers to , as pointed out, defensive WEs that the bb tactic really helps cut through that mitigation.

Sure you can get an unlucky streak where FA does not proc enough but I find it happens reliably enough to be overall a dps boost rather than simply torment spamming. And in all honesty, WH/WE tend to live and die by luck (ie. Crits)

The major weakness from speccing this way is that it doesnt really increase dps against squishies that much but I Tend to run into more heavy/med armor soloers when in the lakes that building like this increases the amount of targets I can choose from.

popperz

Post#33 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:31 pm

I have tried this spec aaand hated it. You still can't kill a healer, however, you lose ranged KD. You can't take 7 sec disrupt since there are not enough mastery points...how to deal with gank spec magus? How to survive pug sc's against casters?
No repel blasphemy? You need futile strikes high than or smth to compensate for loss of survivability. In other words this spec is not going to work solo. The only scenario when it is viable (based on my experience) is when you run in fg in melee train. You are healed, guarded, the target runs from you enabling BAL, you don't rly care about RB or cauldron...etc.

Regarding FA, I use it as switching tactic quite frequently too. Mainly to use absolution to trigger BB and make razor strike in 1vs1 with good penetration.
Last edited by popperz on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

alphaonezero10

Post#34 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Well heres the thing - throughout your posts your seeking the one spec to rule them all. There isnt really one. You have to pick and choose where you want to excel, And you will naturally have weaknesses. For example, Monstro Mara negates armor pen.

With the spec i mentioned at rr70 your flex point will be RB, Disrupt relic or vanish relic. This is where you must make your choice regarding where you want to excel. If you want to have more defense against mdps, RB. If you absolutely cannot live without disrupt go with that. If you want a multipurpose vanish go with that.

Solo magus slots armor talis so BB helps also helpswith that btw. Still a hard matchup but again, cant have it all, especially if you matchup with a skilled player.

My approach was more oriented at solo roam gank where I find most solo targets are tanks/mdps during my playtime (late night NA) and BB/Bal just cuts through their defenses and out-bursting is the main factor in a successful gank. Also helps against deftard WEs as it takes away their armour which is what they slot to be effective

Yes its not the best SC spec but can still work so long as somebody else has an incoming heal debuff.

Again you cant have it all in a single spec. For pure burst dps though, i still think its the best build atm.

popperz

Post#35 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Yep, from my point of view the idea is to find a spec, which is a good tradeoff for all situations. For now I am a strong adapt of BB+dragon gun. In your mentioned spec I do agree that the burst will be higher, I even have the numbers somewhere but only if you are "glasscannon". And if you are glass with no RB or 7s disrupt or 2 sec re-stealth...you will die in many many encounters and situations. Each of them are life-savers based on the situation.

In BB+dragon gun + RB + disrupt + vanish you are way more flexible and can afford yourself being glass.
What happens if you meet magus and sorc with BAL+BB low utility spec? msquig and magus? Choppa and ranged squig? The only option is run or die...but in "my" current spec it is considerable to pop and start the party due to the utility.

P.s. mara is a bad example. All he needs to do is change a stance which he can do midfight:).

P.P.S. please leave your ingame nickname. Always interesting to compare performance, discuss, etc. when I am back from vacation.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK