Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Viability in WB play?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[WH] Viability in WB play?

Post#1 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:20 am

Hi there, I've been looking at WH for a while because they're awesome looking and from what I've heard pretty self reliant. I've avoided playing one because I often hear they're not good for WB play, so I decided to ask the community! Are there builds that are useful for WB play for the WH?

Ads
DrakkenKal

Re: [WH] Viability in WB play?

Post#2 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:10 am

Its been a few months but I was playing WH every night (US central time) for nearly a year last year.
The class was only viable for me end game, using assist targeting mods (focusing on whatever the main tank or tip of the zerg was targeting)

Then IIRC my build was focused on reducing their heals and putting dps on them but keeping moving just behind the tank.
But if you got caught outside the line you were done for. Gear and perks wise I tried to eek out as much parry/dodge and surviveabilty as possible to stay alive on the line for a few more seconds to try and help that lead tank push thru. I played KNOWING I was going to die, a lot, and my goal was always help the push.

That style play worked for me because it felt like actually being a part of the line in a battle vs trying to sneak or play the hero. Once we would siege then you would shift to stealth up top with the other Cats and Hats to help keep the oil down.

Other people have done WAY better builds. The WH is timing and specialty role/mechanic oriented and takes a LOT of getting used to. When I would get tired I would swap to my KOTBS to shut my brain off.

Though take all that with a grain of salt, Im no expert on any of this and there are a ton of other people better at it.

abezverkhiy

Re: [WH] Viability in WB play?

Post#3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:09 am

A difficult class to play during siege when there is too much damage to sustain at the front and no rationale to stay at the back.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354