Recent Topics

Ads

[Bright Wizard] Updated Single Target Rotation?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LazarusParadox

[Bright Wizard] Updated Single Target Rotation?

Post#1 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:32 am

Hey all!

I was looking through some of the older threads for a good single target rotation but most of them seemed to be either just builds or very outdated. I don't think all THAT much has changed, but can anyone confirm the most up to date single target rotation for BW? I'm assuming from my experience thus far that its:

Ignite > Detonate > Boil Blood > Slow Boil > Fire Ball Barrage > Nova

Am I missing a step? Is there any way to tighten up my rotation? Is ST BW dead and I should repec bomb? :P What have people been having success with?

Thanks!

Ads
navis

Re: [Bright Wizard] Updated Single Target Rotation?

Post#2 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:43 am

I think the current BW hasn't changed that much thankfully, so you can still reference most of the old builds and rotations.
Best ST build is focused around Withering Heat, BB /w tactic. Just stick to the basics... ignite-bb-wh-nova. I also run with Flashfire and destro disrupt is high as ever so if you proc it then use Fireball instead of Nova.
FBB is only good for a quick blast like when enemy near death or around crowds because it has AOE aspect. Not ST mainstaple, but very useful in RvR like funnels and keeps. Likewise if you proc Flashfire then use Fiery Blast if target is in a crowd or will be in a crowd in 3 seconds.
.. just read old posts
but remember the key to killing the best Dok's, don't run away but kill with has many fireballs with only highest dps 'spike' abilities. No dots, takes too long!

Fey

Post#3 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:04 am

I'd use ignite>slow boil>boiling blood so BB has 2 hexes covering it. Good healers will have BB on buffhead, when I see BB I immediately cleanse the target.

I used to play BW on live, so take my advice with a block of salt. Having your ignite cleansed sucks, but you want slow boil and boiling blood to hit together. So always: ignite>SB>BB.

After that if the target was in range I'd use pyroclastic surge, the two second cast would make PS hit roughly the same time as your 2 valuable dots. Then nova, sear, withering heat. Again, don't take my advice too seriously, sort of thinking out loud.

Ignite>SB>BB>pyro surge>nova>sear>1 tick of withering heat, maybe meltdown if the target is low cause meltdown acts like morale damage damage.(I think)

Blow shiz up is what I'm saying!
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

LazarusParadox

Post#4 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:09 am

navis wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:43 am I think the current BW hasn't changed that much thankfully, so you can still reference most of the old builds and rotations.
Best ST build is focused around Withering Heat, BB /w tactic. Just stick to the basics... ignite-bb-wh-nova. I also run with Flashfire and destro disrupt is high as ever so if you proc it then use Fireball instead of Nova.
FBB is only good for a quick blast like when enemy near death or around crowds because it has AOE aspect. Not ST mainstaple, but very useful in RvR like funnels and keeps. Likewise if you proc Flashfire then use Fiery Blast if target is in a crowd or will be in a crowd in 3 seconds.
.. just read old posts
but remember the key to killing the best Dok's, don't run away but kill with has many fireballs with only highest dps 'spike' abilities. No dots, takes too long!
Yeah Flashfire for sure is great! Withering Heat surprises me though, from what I read I thought the general consensus was Withering Heat was bad because it procs every 2 seconds? I know several people had stated that they really only use it for the first tick which is instant. Totally willing to try it though! I've been using Fire Ball Barrage because in my mind it fills a similar role (i.e channeling damage procs into the target while BB/SB tick down) and the fireballs themselves crit for some really high numbers. Maybe I've been doing it wrong this whole time tough xD

LazarusParadox

Post#5 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:14 am

Fey wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:04 am I'd use ignite>slow boil>boiling blood so BB has 2 hexes covering it. Good healers will have BB on buffhead, when I see BB I immediately cleanse the target.

I used to play BW on live, so take my advice with a block of salt. Having your ignite cleansed sucks, but you want slow boil and boiling blood to hit together. So always: ignite>SB>BB.

After that if the target was in range I'd use pyroclastic surge, the two second cast would make PS hit roughly the same time as your 2 valuable dots. Then nova, sear, withering heat. Again, don't take my advice too seriously, sort of thinking out loud.

Ignite>SB>BB>pyro surge>nova>sear>1 tick of withering heat, maybe meltdown if the target is low cause meltdown acts like morale damage damage.(I think)

Blow shiz up is what I'm saying!
Yeah I'm totally with you on the cleanse part. I'm actually coming off playing heal DoK so I'm used to the healer perspective in all this :P My logic was similar in the Ignite > Detonate. That was my "bubble wrap" for my money hexes but maybe i'm going overboard. Also timing wise Fireball Barrage is a 3 second channel that seems to tick once per second so I was using that to fill 3 of the 5 seconds with GCDs and for me lag honestly then Nova at the end so ideally the last tick of Barrage, the 2 money shot DoTs and Nova were all hitting within a second or two of each other, thus achieving the "Timestamp Death". I'm hearing more and more about the Withering Heat though so I'll have to give it a try :)

navis

Post#6 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:22 am

I agree on the cleanse but its 50/50 chance to them, unless they know you roll with the BB tactic which is crucial.
For example, I ignore the WoP while playing my RP if it's the 10 second one it doesn't hit very hard.
You can use WH for the first proc only, especially if you have Flashfire proc and ready to go. FF still is instant if you are running fyi.
But WH is easy ST, and big damage. In RvR with lag using only one GCD is helpful, and keeps the damage out high.
I don't use WH myself as I have been running Infern/Conflag for a while now. Not the highest damage but useful in many situations.

Fey

Post#7 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:00 am

If you're casting BB without the tactic on a regular basis, insert Picard <hand in face> meme. I'm not savvy.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

wonshot

Post#8 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 am

Its a "work in progress" that i havnt been able to finish but if this is any help in its current form let me know:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13Bf ... a0n12r60i0
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#9 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:52 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 am Its a "work in progress" that i havnt been able to finish but if this is any help in its current form let me know:
Good guide.
Two things:
1.there is a mistake in the description of the second build you posted. It says "no healdebuff", while it does have the healdebuff.
2. I am a bit surprised that you value crown of fire tactic over flashfire tactic, even for single target builds. I would argue that you might get more dps with crown of fire, you get more burst with flashfire.

Bonus: Due to the low base dmg of the spells, the high bonus to critdmg with mechanic (as you explained in your guide) and the focus on high burst dmg in 1-2sec window, BW should aim for as much crit as possible.

Bonus2: you didn't mentioned the sentinel set. Helm gives +crit. Sentinel helm + ring and rest vanq arguably BiS at least for single target.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

wonshot

Post#10 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:08 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:52 pm
wonshot wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:47 am Its a "work in progress" that i havnt been able to finish but if this is any help in its current form let me know:
Good guide.
Two things:
1.there is a mistake in the description of the second build you posted. It says "no healdebuff", while it does have the healdebuff.
2. I am a bit surprised that you value crown of fire tactic over flashfire tactic, even for single target builds. I would argue that you might get more dps with crown of fire, you get more burst with flashfire.

Bonus: Due to the low base dmg of the spells, the high bonus to critdmg with mechanic (as you explained in your guide) and the focus on high burst dmg in 1-2sec window, BW should aim for as much crit as possible.

Bonus2: you didn't mentioned the sentinel set. Helm gives +crit. Sentinel helm + ring and rest vanq arguably BiS at least for single target.
Nice catch on the 2nd build, thanks bud!
Crit is a stat I personally value highly, but only to a certain point since most sets will give you a boost boost to crit + combustion critchance. This is my own personal preference and it might come on too strongly in how I formulated myself, ill go back and see if thats the case. But in the end of the day I think people should itemize and spec according to their playstyle and the situation, so some of the stuff for sure will be up for debate based on the different approaches.

But thanks for your feedback sir!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO