Recent Topics

Ads

[Brightwizard] Bombling's compendium

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wonshot

Re: [Brightwizard] Bombling's compendium

Post#31 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Tier1 is just problematic as a caster, you dont really get any of the fun or classdefining spells.

Soon as you can get your first tactic from the middlemastery tree you can start doing some kite-turn-nuke kills, but for Tier1 its just hardcasting long spells and it feels ugly.

Stick it out, as the later levels are more "bright" :D
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Vlad333

Post#32 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:43 pm

wonshot wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:53 pm Tier1 is just problematic as a caster, you dont really get any of the fun or classdefining spells.

Soon as you can get your first tactic from the middlemastery tree you can start doing some kite-turn-nuke kills, but for Tier1 its just hardcasting long spells and it feels ugly.

Stick it out, as the later levels are more "bright" :D
I thought Incineration is the mastery to go for burst damage. Isn't the middle one for dots?

Foofmonger

Post#33 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:55 pm

Vlad333 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:49 am New BW here, currently in t1.
Can someone explain please how am i supposed to play in SC's?
By the time that i actually have some combustion and do damage, destro melee train just runs over us. Lack of melee in general does not help for Order teams.
Also, big anti-skill issue that i noticed. If i run from a melee, jump, turn 180 mid air and use an instant dot spell for example, it does not work. The cast goes off and i get the cooldown, but the skills never work. I tested this several times, it's not disrupted.
This is an anti skill issue. It helps idiots who chase and the guy who has the skill to do this gets nothing but trouble out of it.
The Mythic devs intentionally made the engine incapable of doing that. It threw me for a loop back in the day coming off a Hunter in WOW (don't hate me everyone, haven't played that game since 2006), since that was my bread and butter way to kite. It doesn't work in this game.

To hit people behind you (as another poster mentioned) you need to "stafe kite", you can't do the "180 jump headshot" move. Basically don't jump, just turn your camera while running left or right (or you can use Q/E if you want, I don't I use my camera), and at the right angles you can cast spells at people while running directly away from them. It's just about using your camera properly so you are still "facing" the target as your are running from them.

Frostburn

Post#34 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:31 pm

Wow what an awesome guide thank you!

Atum

Post#35 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:32 am

any info about renown abilities and what to skill there?

Atum

Post#36 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:54 pm

one more question-

we dont use detonation at all? how do we build up combustion? if we start from 0, then we wont be able to oneshot/do the spikedmg combo while building up combustion.

therefor, maybe it makes more sense to use e.g. detonation +25, sear +25 in order to reach 100 combustion faster, then do the spike combo rota?

detonation costs 35 AP, does also only ele dmg, but gives us another dot for covering ignite/blood

wonshot

Post#37 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:00 pm

For ranked scenario:
Please stop queuing with aoe buidls guys. 5sec boiling blood timestamping if you dont want people yelling at you, and digging yourself into an Elo-grave
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

diskmagus

Post#38 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:54 am

what tactics for bomb aoe??? :D
also whats bis for bw besides onslaught 4 sov, onslaught seens like a impossible dream for me =(

Ads
wonshot

Post#39 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:35 am

diskmagus wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:54 am what tactics for bomb aoe??? :D
also whats bis for bw besides onslaught 4 sov, onslaught seens like a impossible dream for me =(
1) pretty much anything you gives you procs. So stuff like Crown of Fire, Wildfire etc etc. I think its covered in the compendium itself with linked builds to career builder. My final advice is play around with tactics on dummies, or between each sc/orvr session/city instance and see what you perform the best with.

2) Full Vanq is a pretty nicely optimized set for those who dont want to venture into PvE or have strict playtimes so they miss citysieges. The new scenario set from Ranked is a direct upgrade to Vanq, but it actually requires you to play a RDPS BW in ranked, so theres that :D

IAko

Post#40 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 pm

thanks for your effort :)