Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Help with my Salv WP

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
juhalanz

[WP] Help with my Salv WP

Post#1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am

Hi guys,

i'm struggling right now with my Heal WP stats, for small man roam/ random solo scenario.

Right now i'm RR 70 playing with 3 Conq - 3 Vanq - Full Heal Genesis - Subjugator 1h and Libram

Tacts: Discipline, Intimidating Repent, Divine Warding, Fueled Fury

Stats: 3000 armor Unbuffed (means all armor talis), 780 Willpower, 680 Wounds, 440 tough, 4% chance to be crit, 14% spell crit.

I'm trying to improve more than i can but i feel same to squishy when trained by meeles/bombed by sorc and my heal output is not so good .

With 440 tough ( was playing with 200, couse in forum i read that tough overall sucks ) the situation is quite improved as survival.

I used Exalted Defense , but the investement in defensive avoidance seemd too big and not quite effective vs meelers so i drop the tact.

do you have any tips?

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [WP] Help with my Salv WP

Post#2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:15 am

Are you using armor/willpower pots and aoe detaunt? My survivability greatly increased running the aoe detaunt tactic. You could try going for futile strikes 3 or 4 to get into negative crit chance. To survive morale dmg most ppl stack wounds as secondary stat, not toughness. Maybe you should try a build with 8k+ wounds?

juhalanz

Post#3 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:36 am

giving a shot at that 8k hp / -25% chance to be critted

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:14 am

Hi Juhalanz,

My WP is only 59rr so take my opinion with a grain of salt since you are 70 already.

I think you should NOT worry much about amount of willpower you have because it scales rather badly with heal output. Instead, I would maximise heals by investing in avoidance stats (parry, dodge, disrupt) and taking Exalted Defenses - stats will be triggering your tactic constantly and you will have +20% to your heals. +20% heal output is around +300 willpower (could be more or less in case of each spell individually). I'd swap this with FUeled Fury.

I guess that your armor is at maximum cause there is a hard cap for damage mitigation but there are also soft caps. You may want to find analysis by Bruglir (a player from live who did excellent analysis of most important formulas including damage mitigation).

Also, please do not take it as offence but your gear - why are you still wearing Conq at 70rr? Is there any special reasoning or you were just unlucky with badges drop rate?

GL
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

juhalanz

Post#5 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:14 am Hi Juhalanz,

My WP is only 59rr so take my opinion with a grain of salt since you are 70 already.

I think you should NOT worry much about amount of willpower you have because it scales rather badly with heal output. Instead, I would maximise heals by investing in avoidance stats (parry, dodge, disrupt) and taking Exalted Defenses - stats will be triggering your tactic constantly and you will have +20% to your heals. +20% heal output is around +300 willpower (could be more or less in case of each spell individually). I'd swap this with FUeled Fury.

I guess that your armor is at maximum cause there is a hard cap for damage mitigation but there are also soft caps. You may want to find analysis by Bruglir (a player from live who did excellent analysis of most important formulas including damage mitigation).

Also, please do not take it as offence but your gear - why are you still wearing Conq at 70rr? Is there any special reasoning or you were just unlucky with badges drop rate?

GL
No offence at all, thx for the insight!

1) i changed many things. right now i'm playing 5/6 Vanq , helm is an influence item lv 38 that gives 2% crit ( crit >> wp for heals by my little experience) plus nice stats

I was asking if Conq/Vanq mix was a good idea in Order to gain more stats through Set bonus, but in the end Vanq 5/6 seems by far better.

2) I will look into the Bruglir post!

3) Exalted Defense: i tried it last couple of times, with alot of points into defensive renown as you suggest. Not overall good in my case, expecially in scenario.
Even after buffing me parry with Sigmar's Vision ( 10% parry ), i barely parried something at the choppas/we's/meele squig , plus i had of course to keep them in the
frontal arc in order to parry. Maybe i did something wrong but the uptime of Exalted Defense was bad ( checking it with Buffhead tho )
In RvR with big disrupt was ofc VERY GOOD with a BIG UPTIME, paired with Shield of Faith.

So in the end i went with Full Futile Strikes , right now at -20% chance to be crit my and 8k hp my life is so much better.

thanks btw man!