Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
velenne

[WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Post#1 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:47 am

Since cr16 I've done everything in my power to be useful in RvR. To my warbands. It's just...

Everything I can do, other classes do better. I have one thing: stealth, and it's only good for 30s before I'm revealed and likely die a meaningless death. Yes, I can scout, but there's no reward for that, not even in the minds of my warbands or their leaders.

I'm specc'd for Dragon Gun to pump/dump morale, and Punish the False to debuff healing on our target. My damage numbers are trash compared to slayers and white lions, just absolute garbage... like 10%. Now I realize I'm helping them do more damage, but do they realize it? I don't think they do. In fact, I know they don't. They just want more damage.

And I die so fast!! Whoever thought of putting a MDPS in light armor must have found that HILARIOUS.

Just ranting here, I guess. I wish I could be useful in RvR.

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: [WH] As a 55rr WH, I feel useless in RvR

Post#2 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:54 am

Is your strength 950-1050 range? What gear do you have? My WE was about 58 before I felt less like a hindrance, but was not aoe spec like I think you are. I mixed 2pc with 3 sets to get over 1050 strength, then worked to stay behind target. I can't help you with spec, but I suggest looking around your forums for builds and how to use them. Find a good WH you may have seen in the lakes and see if they could walk you through some stuff. GL.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

desizt

Post#3 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:57 am

If you are on low gear/rr just play Riposte build and solo roam..... No point to play bursty ganker if you dont got the burst.

Same for WE, regen build works way better on low CR

For warband/RvR play, just dont go glass, balance your stats so you get 0% incoming crit chance, decent wounds (dont worry about armor, your main threat are ranged dps anyway) and pump points on disrupt/dodge chance instead of going full str+melee crit glass.

That way you can stay in fight and do sustained dps not just go splat each time you unstealth. Build a bruiser, dont expect a bursty ganker, it doesnt exist in RoR unless you are in full sov.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Duukar

Post#4 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:03 am

Get ready for endless suffering. You won't ever be able to solo down a healer in WB play or roaming. You can't jump on the melee train because you pop like a tick. Soloing is always fun when everyone is RR80+ with sov and invader gear.

Nothing will EVER change because everyone weights the pathetic excuse for stealth way too heavily. OMG you can vanish for 30 seconds then have it on CD for 30 seconds.. By the way you can get popped by the plentiful and OP aoe in the game and get pulled while in stealth to instantly die.

Literally if you havent been a WH on this server for two years with perfect gear and high RR you are wasting your gaming hours. Roll a WL or a Slayer or a WP or a BW and have a LOT more fun...

My WH is rr56 in full conq with genesis and subjugator weapons.. Ive invested some points into survivability.. It just gathers dust now.. What a waste.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:14 am

When you feel squishy, get a guard.
Dying is no option.

Nekkma

Post#6 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:05 am

Having played alot with WEs, both here and on live, I believe alot of WE/WH play the class in WBs with solo-mode turned on. Drop the idea that you stealth around alone, trying to gank some healer in the outskirts of battle. With all the cross-healing flying around that will rarely result in a kill.

Get a guard and be a part of the melee train.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Sofong

Post#7 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:10 am

the class is designed to solo gank

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:49 am

WH is a hard class to play. You received answers here- either spec glasscannon and find other WH or two to play with OR spec bruise and stick to a WB.

I don’t have a WL but I have a SL and let me tell you - big AOE damage figures don’t mean big kill numbers. They simply spread damage over enemies which in turn is EASILY offset by enemy AOE heals. This I can tell you as a WP - I have 50% overheal on my heals. Only burst damage is an issue. Tell you more- when I play scens with my guild they always insist on me speccing my Slayer as 2handler to consolidate my damage and achieve quicker kills. This is despite my overall DPS drops.

So abandon this misperception that you’re a gymp. You have chosen a different class to play. Different from other rogue classes in other mmos.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
dirnsterer

Post#9 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:04 am

On live you had the perk of being better at spike / burst damage than WL, but here that is gone. You are basically the bottom of the MDPS classes on order which you will just have to suck up and suffer. Slayer will have always good single target dmg and then add on top of that a heavy pressure on guarding tanks / everyone in vicinity thanks to ID + Rampage. And WL nowdays has better burst than WH has. (Do not need to worry about the pet getting trained so that is a bonus) So all you have going for you are basically heal debuff, bullet procs. At least it is decent class to solo roam as thanks to RB and BaL. Good luck.

Aurandilaz

Post#10 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:22 am

If you want to do high burst, play WL.
If you want high sustained dmg and high AoE, play Slayer.
If you want high crits + mobility, play ASW.

WH has become the 4th best order melee dps pick, which is somewhat of a bad joke considering Order starts with 3 actual melee classes you can roll.
Ofc you can still be "viable" in soloroaming and small groups, since you have "good enough" ST dmg, it's just that you will not be invited to city warbands, your time spent in forts is best used AFKing/cultivating in corners away from main fight (where you have no AoE anyway which would be of use), and good luck trying to get invited to a city warband (your best option is to lead one, and then to maximize chance of win, invite 7 actual AoE classes into your warband).