Recent Topics

Ads

Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
danny262

Re: Is Shadow Warrior "broken"?

Post#21 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am

carmine3161 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 am
danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:46 am
lefze wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

yah, nothing about it not stacking
Turn your brain on, It doesn't stack, never did, procs were patched for chance of 25%, do the reading grumpy.
It definitely stacks, that was the reason it was nerfed to only 25% chance to proc.
Perhaps you mean it can stack from multiple targets?
Maybe, shouldn't be something can be stacked at all IMO, but the problem it pose with only 25% chance to proc.

Taking Wrist Slash is a bad choice for every SW because - it doesn't have any reliable advantage like the much needed disarm/knock down/silence/leap/interrupt cast/detaunt.

That's the part being broken, for a squishy being focused with better choices to take ANY time during combat, squishy has a very limited window to react if at all, so you thinking to make your move before you're getting ran over by melee, tanks, ranged and Sorcerers that nuke you down - you say 25% proc for a slim advantage Wrist Slash? NOPE.

Ads
Ugle

Post#22 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:49 am

My brain hurts!
inactive

lefze
Suspended

Post#23 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:33 pm

danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am
danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:46 am

Turn your brain on, It doesn't stack, never did, procs were patched for chance of 25%, do the reading grumpy.
It definitely stacks, that was the reason it was nerfed to only 25% chance to proc.
Maybe, shouldn't be something can be stacked at all IMO, but the problem it pose with only 25% chance to proc.

Taking Wrist Slash is a bad choice for every SW because - it doesn't have any reliable advantage like the much needed disarm/knock down/silence/leap/interrupt cast/detaunt.

That's the part being broken, for a squishy being focused with better choices to take ANY time during combat, squishy has a very limited window to react if at all, so you thinking to make your move before you're getting ran over by melee, tanks, ranged and Sorcerers that nuke you down - you say 25% proc for a slim advantage Wrist Slash? NOPE.
Wait, what the hell did you think we were talking about? Wrist Slash stacking with itself?(???????????????) It stacks with ini debuff from conq, SM or any other ini debuff, which is the whole point.

And you seem to miss the point where wrist slash is the defining tactic of melee SW. There is literally no other reason to bring one to a party. And melee SW is the only SW spec worth bringing to a party, exactly because of wrist slash.
Rip Phalanx

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Not taking Wrist Slash is about the worst thing a Melee SW could do within a group.

Aerogath
Suspended

Post#25 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:09 pm

SW melee dmg is somebit HOLY **** WHERÈ's MY LIFE.
But i think its ok because its a cake class and has no shields or heals.

danny262

Post#26 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Wait, what the hell did you think we were talking about? Wrist Slash stacking with itself?(???????????????) It stacks with ini debuff from conq, SM or any other ini debuff, which is the whole point.

And you seem to miss the point where wrist slash is the defining tactic of melee SW. There is literally no other reason to bring one to a party. And melee SW is the only SW spec worth bringing to a party, exactly because of wrist slash.
Thus, broken, it's simply the class advantage to be an opportunist for utilizing range advantage in time... currently SW is very likely die alone in less than 2 seconds of being focused by more than one hostile at a time unless you somehow manage to make a narrow escape thanks to survival abilities.

I would never ever consider melee to engage even with full assault spec, unless I must use a special disable and my OPPORTUNIST Strike (disarm you can use in Scout) is down and there I lost 2 seconds for switching stances.. vast majority of abilities, not just opening choices - ranged (ignore morale) so that makes it literally suicide to engage melee without clear (single target) debuff..

Assault stance only 'covers' melee role option for when necessary, it doesn't empower anything and with 70% of the opening abilities are ranged - Why else would you even switch to melee in the first place and lose the Scout/Skrim stance?

(See what @Aerogath said - no freaking defenses) and most times people engage melee is with Vengeance (+25% dmg/10 sec) to also deliver Brutal assault without wasting precious time.

lefze
Suspended

Post#27 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Thus, broken, it's simply the class advantage to be an opportunist for utilizing range advantage in time... currently SW is very likely die alone in less than 2 seconds of being focused by more than one hostile at a time unless you somehow manage to make a narrow escape thanks to survival abilities.

I would never ever consider melee to engage unless I must use disables also because the vast majority of abilities, not just opening choices - ranged (ignore morale) so that makes it literally suicide.

Assault stance only 'covers' melee role option for when necessary, it doesn't empower anything and with 70% of the opening abilities are ranged - Why else would you even switch to melee in the first place and lose the Scout/Skrim stance?

(See what @Aerogath said - no freaking defenses) and most times people engage melee is with Vengeance (+25% dmg/10 sec) to also deliver Brutal assault without wasting precious time.
Just to be clear, these views come form a lack of experience. And melee SW happens to be the only meta spec available to them.

You also seem to be under the delusion that the game is meant to be played alone. SWs disadvantage comes from the fact that they lack an AoE detaunt and defensive M1 to use when their guard is punted. They also rely on whirling pin for escapes, which often leads to being able to get out combat, but lacking a snarebreaker leads to being quickly caught again unless M2 is ready

And also SWs ranged abilities are weak beyond comparison, hence melee is the only option. You basically only use the healdebuff and occasionally BHA, the rest of the time you can comfortably stay in melee range. No one but the best of parties are able to exploit the weaknesses of ASW to make in any squishier than a typical mdps. Though I will admit their wounds are extremely low and the itemization to improve the situation is completely lacking, but this is in no way a dealbreaker when you take their healthy parry and armor values into consideration (But here again, a perfectly played party can make parry count for nothing, but this goes for any and all classes, not only SW).
Rip Phalanx

danny262

Post#28 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:21 pm

I would never ever consider melee to engage unless I must use disables also because the vast majority of abilities, not just opening choices - ranged (ignore morale) so that makes it literally suicide.

Just to be clear, these views come form a lack of experience. And melee SW happens to be the only meta spec available to them.

You also seem to be under the delusion that the game is meant to be played alone. SWs disadvantage comes from the fact that they lack an AoE detaunt and defensive M1 to use when their guard is punted. They also rely on whirling pin for escapes, which often leads to being able to get out combat, but lacking a snarebreaker leads to being quickly caught again unless M2 is ready

And also SWs ranged abilities are weak beyond comparison, hence melee is the only option.
First paragraph, I totally agree, without knowing how to get out or finish the kill I don't like to even rely just on whirling pin because it can also get tricky if I've been knocked down)

Seconds paragraph - nope, DOTs, Block, Resistance, Armor debuffs, Team crit boost, 50% healing debuff, Distracting Shots(in aoe form?), Execution shots, Silence, AoE Spital/Barrage/Rain of Steel/FA (w/ enchanted arrows) - By far a much greater advantage compared to another melee dps when Order got way better DPS choices... I don't consider Assault a DPS class but a great utility class since I don't look on the short term burst dmg to call it weak, ONLY because I know that I'm not playing alone, having assault main advantage is the ability to not have any cast time/range limitations, again, mostly since I'm for the team effort.

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#29 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm

danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 pm

And also SWs ranged abilities are weak beyond comparison, hence melee is the only option.
First paragraph, I totally agree, without knowing how to get out or finish the kill I don't like to even rely just on whirling pin because it can also get tricky if I've been knocked down)

Seconds paragraph - nope, DOTs, Block, Resistance, Armor debuffs, Team crit boost, 50% healing debuff, Distracting Shots(in aoe form?), Execution shots, Silence, AoE Spital/Barrage/Rain of Steel/FA (w/ enchanted arrows) - By far a much greater advantage compared to another melee dps when Order got way better DPS choices... I don't consider Assault a DPS class but a great utility class since I don't look on the short term burst dmg to call it weak, ONLY because I know that I'm not playing alone, having assault main advantage is the ability to not have any cast time/range limitations, again, mostly since I'm for the team effort.
It is indeed a utility pick due to Wrist Slash. Doesn't change the fact that it is the only SW spec that can dish out and sustain enough pressure to be viable. And listing all the attacks doesn't make them good.
Last edited by lefze on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rip Phalanx

carmine3161

Post#30 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:47 pm

danny262 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:41 pm

I'll upload a video of ASW 6v6 maybe that will answer some of your skepticism. soon™
Sybella SW 40/82(Lying in wait) | Quillbolt WL 40/83 |
My Videos My Twitch