Recent Topics

Ads

[Swordmaster] 2h Tank Build Tips

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DarkSoulsCrazed

[Swordmaster] 2h Tank Build Tips

Post#1 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:24 pm

Working on leveling up my SM, any tips on masteries/tactics/etc would be greatly appreciated.

Ads
Charon

Re: [Swordmaster] 2h Tank Build Tips

Post#2 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:12 pm

get 40/70 then we will talk.....before that gunbad/full sentinel with jew should be your primary target
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

DarkSoulsCrazed

Post#3 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:23 am

Still pretty new to this. I get that you're saying I should max out my level, but what was that about gunbad/full sentinel?

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:11 am

2h dps? or 2h defensive?
sentinel set is probably bis for 2h defensive sm currently.
to equip it u need redeye ward. from gunbad.
u can lvl up to 40 as 2h training rotations.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Charon

Post#5 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:19 am

- ok to justified my point - my sm has 83 rr / soon 84 so at least i have some experience
1) 40/70 gives you max career points to spend which is important for end game sm
2) my personal opinion - for 2h sm bis gear and possible mixes are from pve so you need both red eye and sentinel armor
- its very easy to gather good pve gear for mt sm even low lev just stack parry

40/40 lev
snb spec - sc/6man
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2874,2885
snb warband
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2902,2874
ot 2h 40/40
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2865,2862
posible support 2h 40/40
https://officialrorbuilder.herokuapp.co ... ,2902,2874

tips
- sm can do high dmg but don't forget you are not dps - your role is to assist melee dps to get target down so keep him alive use guard, challenge, assist, buff/debuf, etc. Allways check which melee from pt is the most efficient .. its your primary guard target, but switch always when its necessary - so key-bind guard skill and use it extensively
- instal vinylui or at least teather addon
- configure swift assist / buffhead
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Xergon

Post#6 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:08 pm

DarkSoulsCrazed wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:24 pm Working on leveling up my SM, any tips on masteries/tactics/etc would be greatly appreciated.
As you leveling don't care much about stats. Depends how are you leveling, if PvE/Quests i would go max STR/DPS, if through PvP/SC then shield and be as tanky as you can, unless you want to do silly pew pew then do whatever.
Imo finaly when you reach lvl 40 you can actually play 2hd properly in PvP because of WoSD.

Stats ? If you still want to do pew pew while not being easy meat (aka some asian hero), your focus stats should be:
- 0% ToBeCritted - it works for both PvP and PvE
- Parry, Parry and Parry again
- then STR together with MeleeCrit

Gear ? Full Redeye is easy to get at 40 and works very well on 2hd SM, after that probably Dominator into Oppressor or straight for Bloodlord.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

DarkSoulsCrazed

Post#7 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:08 pm

As you leveling don't care much about stats. Depends how are you leveling, if PvE/Quests i would go max STR/DPS, if through PvP/SC then shield and be as tanky as you can, unless you want to do silly pew pew then do whatever.
Imo finaly when you reach lvl 40 you can actually play 2hd properly in PvP because of WoSD.

Stats ? If you still want to do pew pew while not being easy meat (aka some asian hero), your focus stats should be:
- 0% ToBeCritted - it works for both PvP and PvE
- Parry, Parry and Parry again
- then STR together with MeleeCrit

Gear ? Full Redeye is easy to get at 40 and works very well on 2hd SM, after that probably Dominator into Oppressor or straight for Bloodlord.
Sounds like the consensus is to go SnB until level 40 and then transition to 2hander. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely work on that crit reduction.