[Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark
Posts: 1307

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#11 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am

Fey wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:56 pm
Would be nice to see some synergy with cleanse hot and aoe cleanse. Might be OP though.

AoE cleanse give AoE shield on successful cleanse.
Bozzax wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am
has worst burst heals (more hots)

I think differ. It has best burst heals.
hots are RP, WP, shaman thing.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL4
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE6, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze6, BO4, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Ads
User avatar
subfal
Posts: 24

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#12 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am

anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am
AoE cleanse give AoE shield on successful cleanse.
It works?
anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am
I think differ. It has best burst heals.
True.
Subzx - Bright Wizard
Sbzx - Runepriest
Subtheal - Archmage
Subz - Sorcerer
Subzist - Zealot


Youtube Channel
Twitch Channel

User avatar
Noiree
Posts: 359

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#13 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 am

The stuff that is directly attributed to the ability (as in written in the ability text) will work on grp aoe scale but all the other enhancements won't. Otherwise AM would also have a form of grp-hot.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

anarchypark
Posts: 1307

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#14 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 pm

subfal wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am
anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am
AoE cleanse give AoE shield on successful cleanse.
It works?

cleansed targets get shield. easy to see from PvE test.
conditional 1~6 target AoE shield.
plus CD reduced with mechanic point.
it's opposite of glass cannon. it's glass heal cannon.
squishest, hard to use are drawback.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL4
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE6, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze6, BO4, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Sulorie
Posts: 4127

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#15 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:10 pm

anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 pm
subfal wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am
anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am
AoE cleanse give AoE shield on successful cleanse.
It works?

cleansed targets get shield. easy to see from PvE test.
conditional 1~6 target AoE shield.
plus CD reduced with mechanic point.
it's opposite of glass cannon. it's glass heal cannon.
squishest, hard to use are drawback.
The shield component doesn't scale very well starting from rank 16, when you get the skill and therefore doesn't really matter, even if its aoe.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
shaggyboomboom
Posts: 1230

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#16 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:38 pm

No
Image

User avatar
wonshot
Posts: 373

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#17 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Is the AM/Shaman is viable for healing? Sure for pugging anything goes honestly.

However,

For roaming premade warbands with nonestationary fights [24 v 24+]. Archmage is slowly being pushed out of the healingrole and more into a utility role because of the MoM snare puddle, moral pump tactic, and instant ress ability.
It becomes a perfect "group4" class.

The reason RP/WP will outshine AM in terms of raw muscle-healing, Runepriest being able to pump out the same rawish healing numbers with simular casttime as the AM. But with the advantage of +25%higher healing on their critheals. Meaning they become a healing amplifier for the real healing output, WP with 1.5sec cast grouphealing. This makes for a very fast moving warband setting where you can move and rarely have to stop and wait for recovering.

This sort of fast phase gameplay is needed on order-side, where you basicly have the build in tools to sit on destro backline, with knights outgoing healdebuff aura compared to Chosen's incoming healdebuff aura. Slayers, dropping shattering limbs on healers backline, and BWs moral selfpump M2 drop reached around same time as you have soaked first few punts and are regrouped on destro-backline. Compared to destro side where displacing, draining, turtling and building past M2 was their wincondition priviously, untill Sorcs got Gifted a M2 mirrior for SOME reason and shafted the whole realm balance?!

On top of RP+WP having a much better synagy for boosting the overall healing output, they also give more stat value to their groupmembers where AM "only" has resist buff, as you usually will get from knights running ressit aura or in rare situations will have RP buff resist.
WP with their prayers + Runepriest Rune-buffs and rituals simply once again just pushes an AM down to the 3rd rank of a desired healer if you are going for full on min/maxing.

However, if you run kite group(s) pugging, or really just like AM. Go for it!
Bombling BW RR 85 [Seventh Legion]
https://www.twitch.tv/bomblingtv
Statue holder for Brightwizard for Week 44, 45 & 46
Highest RR BW | 276k oRvR kills | all T1-T3 sets completed and T4 pve sets

anarchypark
Posts: 1307

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#18 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:46 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:10 pm
anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:03 pm
subfal wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am


It works?

cleansed targets get shield. easy to see from PvE test.
conditional 1~6 target AoE shield.
plus CD reduced with mechanic point.
it's opposite of glass cannon. it's glass heal cannon.
squishest, hard to use are drawback.
The shield component doesn't scale very well starting from rank 16, when you get the skill and therefore doesn't really matter, even if its aoe.

shield is instant 1 attack dmg blocking bubble.
buying 1sec for 2~3 sec cast, in emergency.
cleanse + auto shield is bonus between long cast heals.
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL4
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE6, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze6, BO4, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Ads
User avatar
Bozzax
Posts: 2020

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#19 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:01 pm

anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am
Fey wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:56 pm
Would be nice to see some synergy with cleanse hot and aoe cleanse. Might be OP though.

AoE cleanse give AoE shield on successful cleanse.
Bozzax wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am
has worst burst heals (more hots)

I think differ. It has best burst heals.
hots are RP, WP, shaman thing.
1256 over 3s vs 3x303 over 1,15x3
10% crit vs 15% crit
Nothing vs +20% inc heals on crit
Nothing vs 60% chanse to get one or more absorb procs
Stationary vs mobile
Nothing vs clns Sorc burst timestamp rotation
Channel that can be interrupted especially (aoe spam or if focused) vs insta
Available 3s every 13s vs no CD
Nothing vs RP aoe hots that moste likely tics away

+20% inc alone puts AM in the B team :(
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

User avatar
Arbich
Posts: 508

Re: [Archmage] Is it a viable healer?

Post#20 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Bozzax wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:01 pm
anarchypark wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:13 am
Fey wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:56 pm
Would be nice to see some synergy with cleanse hot and aoe cleanse. Might be OP though.

AoE cleanse give AoE shield on successful cleanse.
Bozzax wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:49 am
has worst burst heals (more hots)

I think differ. It has best burst heals.
hots are RP, WP, shaman thing.
1256 over 3s vs 3x303 over 1,15x3
10% crit vs 15% crit
Nothing vs +20% inc heals on crit its 25% for RP, not?
Nothing vs 60% chanse to get one or more absorb procs absorb on cleanse for AM
Stationary vs mobile
Nothing vs clns Sorc burst timestamp rotation debatable, usually only chillwind. so no resist debuff, which is good, but - unless they changed it recently - absorb shield also works fine against sorc rota
Channel that can be interrupted especially (aoe spam or if focused) vs insta
Available 3s every 13s vs no CD
Nothing vs RP aoe hots that moste likely tics away

+20% inc alone puts AM in the B team :( yes :D
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fayed and 3 guests