Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Sword bug - can’t equip

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
slacker02

[SW] Sword bug - can’t equip

Post#1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:29 pm

Hey everyone. I searched the forums but haven’t seen a topic on this.

My SW cannot equip most 1h high elf swords. The only ones I can equip are from renown vendors, which are few and far between.

Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do to fix?

Thanks.

Ads
slacker02

Re: [SW] Sword bug - can’t equip

Post#2 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:57 pm

I made a new test SW...and she CAN equip the starting sword.

What is going on?

Any way I can edit a system file that fixes?

RuffRyder

Post#3 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:10 am

I encountered the same problem and there has already been a ticket on Bugtracker: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/14905

I wasn't able to equip the starting Sword and the SC ones, but it worked with green vendor gear.

Although the comment on Bugtracker says "Should be fixed with next reboot" I still have the problem of wrong item restrictions and thus it stays the same. I will add a comment on the ticket.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

sofaking0606

Post#4 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 pm

got the same problem - GMs couldn't help me so I guess i have to reroll a new one ... lvl 29 :roll:

RuffRyder

Post#5 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:33 am

sofaking0606 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:09 pm got the same problem - GMs couldn't help me so I guess i have to reroll a new one ... lvl 29 :roll:
I'll ask the question on Bugtracker, too, but: Can a team member provide a clarification of this please?

Since players seem to have created toons during the past 3 (?) weeks that have this issue, and new ones don't, rerolling these toons doesn't sounds like an appropriate "fix".

I imagine that some kind of template in the database is used when creating a new character, on which the value of the usable equipment has been wrong, and thus it should be able to be corrected also on the existing ones. Wild guess, yes, but technically possible.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

slacker02

Post#6 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:46 pm

I got an in-game response from a dev. He said it's a known bug, and they're working on it. He/She advised I hold off SW for a bit until it's fixed, and to check out the patch notes. (Unknown if that means they'll fix the leveled character, or if they'll ensure it doesn't happen to new characters).

sofaking0606

Post#7 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:02 pm

so I will wait for a double xp event and start my sw all over again..... :( :(

ruv

Post#8 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am

I would hold off of till they fix the bug. Sounds like a bug on newly created SW's. I am a rr 81 and can equip any sword.

Ruvarian

Ads
sofaking0606

Post#9 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 am

40/41 now with my brand new SW .... old one still not fixed but the event was a nice work-around! :D

RuffRyder

Post#10 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:46 pm

FYI the case just got closed: https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issue ... -548487038

For existing characters with the bug there will be no solution, so rerolling seems inevitable.