Recent Topics

Ads

2H tank survival build

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Meenex

2H tank survival build

Post#1 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi, I am about to cancel my caracter. I hate all the graphic bug around SnB SM (eye and hair weirdness). And I know the developper will do nothing about it. I want to do a last thing before to cancel my character and I really need your help.

It is possible to be a tank with 2h? Because all graphical bug don't affect when your are 2H. I need a:

-Good survival build with tactic
-How you distribute my renown point
-How do you gear yourself at endgame (because all good defensive gear give block or if you block something you have a bonus). I don't really want to do with thia one.

I really need your help on this one and I really wish you can help me. Last thing, sorry about my english. I am french. Please try to be comprehensive.

Thank you for all seriously.

Ads
gargharoth

Re: 2H tank survival build

Post#2 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:06 pm

It's like choosing between a roadster and a Ferrari.SUV will never be one or the other.No one looks better than a Black Orc with a shield. :mrgreen:
Kupaczabra
Roadblock

Grock

Post#3 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 am

Don't know how to build SM specifically, but generally the main reason to use shield is Hold-the-Line ability and extra block to survive in large scale RvR while being hit by tons of AoE.

Some classes get good Mastery abilities/tactis that require block or shield to use, but that is more specific and different for every class and every build.

Tankines comes from your stats and build, and generally shield is not required for that.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

anarchypark

Post#4 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:12 am

vaul/khaine
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,7500,2897
vaul's tempering at rr70
khaine is for GWM 5% parry.
sentinel set for 5% parry, toughness talis.
close gap with WoDS and put debuffs, mainly talon dmg reduction.

vaul/hoeth
it's bubble build.
take WW at rr70.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2897,2864
WoDS + Vaul's Buffer + Protection of Hoeth + Raking Talon + Impeccable Reactions or Isha's Protection
same parry toughness gear.

RR
Futile Strike, Reflex, Deft Defender
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)