Recent Topics

Ads

2h Swordmaster

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CytheX

Re: 2h Swordmaster

Post#11 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:25 pm

Nice morale :lol:

Ads
hammerhead

Post#12 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:40 pm

CytheX wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:25 pm Nice morale :lol:
Yes, I want to make an suggestion to change the fourth to Alter Fate

(\|)o0(|/)

Wdova

Post#13 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:44 pm

Well comparing to Kotbs, playing SM is a bit more "clunky". You cannot use any skill you want instantly, but U have stances which leads you to sort of attacks.

I wouldnt say SM is worthless. Party armor/rezist buff, party dmg absorb bubble with short CD, CD decreaser from WW. Its nice party buffs same as verry tiny micro heals if speced which can lead in huge numbers in scenario heal charts :D

Survivability is also ok, but I always felt safer with SnB than with 2H even 2H allows WODS. SnB seems to me just more survivable and U have solid single target punt. Crushing advance gives you +5% block and armor buff which stack with other armor buffs/pots.

2H SM is good for damage no doubt, but it require to go high up to Ether dance to make it fully effective and Path of Vaul and Hoeth just offer better survivability/utility/cc.

If I would chose between 2H SM and 2H BG, I would pick the BG hands down.

If SnB I would never trade my SM over anything else.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

hammerhead

Post#14 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Wdova wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:44 pm Crushing advance gives you +5% block and armor buff which stack with other armor buffs/pots.
It's more, its AOE interrupt.
(\|)o0(|/)

Aethilmar

Post#15 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:20 pm

In the "good old days" of live, people played 2-hander SM b/c of lore and b/c it was the only viable spec as SnB was crap and people only played SnB on a lark or to try to prove it could be sorta-kinda effective at being a tank. A cross-guarded, 2H SM duo with double-debuffs was truly fearsome.

However, the devs have fixed SnB with all the added survivability and and utility such now it is, straight up, the superior spec in almost all things except (maybe) ranked. With those (and related) changes they nerfed 2h SM such that playing it now is a lark, for lore and to prove it can be sorta-kinda effective as a lol-dps (which it can if destro doesn't just focus you down first).

kmark101

Post#16 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:36 pm

The problem is the skirt I tell ya! I mean who wants to charge decked out orcs in white silken skirts face to face... If SM's would get no-skirt armor skins, there would be a lot more of them, simple as that.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker