Recent Topics

Ads

Few WL questions.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Feomatar
Suspended

Few WL questions.

Post#1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Hey guys and girls, i'm solo player, pretty new at te game and really new with wl, and i not figure out about:
1. what tactics to use for 1v1 and scenarios (playing more like single target assasin)?
2. What lion buff to use (trained to threat, trained to hunt or trained to kill)?
3. What stats maxing by renown points/talismans?
4. what build is best for 1v1/solo target killing?
5. What professions are best for solo play ( i started cultivation/apoc)?

Ads
ClemmonGrab

Re: Few WL questions.

Post#2 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Bump. I also have some of these questions.

satanicomoderno

Post#3 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:24 am

WHite Lion was a good class to play solo in the past. Due the nerfs and too much cry from destro babies, it's not the same actually.
You will have more disappointment than fun playing as a solo WL. If you want to play it, you need to run with some tank or pocket healer. Principally on endgame (and it means, after you leave T1 zone on level 16), where many player has high end equipment as sovereign and bloodlord weapons and armors.

That said, lemme try to answer your questions:
1 - brute force, pack sinergy, flanking, speed training. Flanking is good if you're good on keep your position at sides or back of the enemy, if not, you can use Flashing claws for 10% parry bonus or Pach Hunting.
2 - guardian gives you 5% crit and its the most useful buff of all. Some use Trained to Hunt with Pack Hunting tactic slotted instead flanking.
3 - Strengh then weapon skill. 800 of str is good, then weapon skill . Wounds should be the third option always.
4 - WL lacks option of build atm. We hope in a future devs can look into WLs and make a rework of this class. For beginners, i suggest the basic build:

RoR.builders - White Lion

if you have a team you can go as:
RoR.builders - White Lion

5 - Warhammer is a game for multiple characters. Use it. Then have all professions and characters to it. Apothecary and Cultiv is a good choice.

Feomatar
Suspended

Post#4 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:08 pm

After melee sw everything is ok))
Thx for your answer. And one more thing, build with force opportunity-thin the herd isnt viable? Like minus heal and abilities looks fun...

Misanthropovore

Post#5 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm

Spoiler:
satanicomoderno wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:24 am WHite Lion was a good class to play solo in the past. Due the nerfs and too much cry from destro babies, it's not the same actually.
I'd hate to see what Warband destroying monsters they used to be because as a Destro, they seem to be the most overpowered solo class. I die to it as a tank, a healer and any dps. It's the only class that If I encounter it solo it"s "well, guess I'll die". So yeah, good on those nefs, definitely deserved if they were stronger before.

Answer me this, what do you do against a White Lion or what class counters it completely, if they're so weak?
Off topic, don't need another WL whine thread simply because it has WL in the title

Foofmonger

Post#6 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:48 pm

Spoiler:
Misanthropovore wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 pm
Spoiler:
satanicomoderno wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:24 am WHite Lion was a good class to play solo in the past. Due the nerfs and too much cry from destro babies, it's not the same actually.
I'd hate to see what Warband destroying monsters they used to be because as a Destro, they seem to be the most overpowered solo class. I die to it as a tank, a healer and any dps. It's the only class that If I encounter it solo it"s "well, guess I'll die". So yeah, good on those nefs, definitely deserved if they were stronger before.

Answer me this, what do you do against a White Lion or what class counters it completely, if they're so weak?
Off topic, don't need another WL whine thread simply because it has WL in the title
Yea unfortunately that guy is delusional. He's probably referencing to the point in balance where the ROR devs (I believe Torque, who is no longer working on the project AFAIK), did a complete White Lion overhaul/balance change and made the class ridiculously overpowered. The devs ended up rolling back all of the re-work/overhaul changes and put the class back as it was in live form (then subsequently tweaked and buffed it to the state it is in today). So this guy is probably looking at the point in time that WL's were just stupid overpowered (instead of strong as they are today), and using that as a baseline for some reason. The fact that he is asking for another re-work, even though the WL is currently probably one of the MDPS strongest classes in the game, is pretty funny but still completely delusional.

Not trying to whine though, just provide context for why that post seems just so off base.

For further context, here's the copy of the patch notes from September of 2018:

Sep 18:
[Class Changes]

White Lions are reverted to almost vanilla WAR spec, exceptions being a 10s cooldown on pounce as base and 0s cooldown on pounce if Loner tactic is specd.

We appreciate that while we all love to have work done and to see patch notes, the changes were coming so hard and fast that people could barely keep up and the game was losing connection why most of us are here, the love and nostalgia for the original game.

Future balance and changes will likely adhere more to a tweak system than a complete recreation, we respect that you have connections to your characters and will be approaching things more in terms of evolution not revolution.
Also off-topic... The guy is asking for advice on playing WL currently

PaleHorseman

Post#7 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:26 pm

To answer your questions directly

1- Pack Synergy, Brute Force, Speed Training, Flanking

2- Trained to kill has the best skills for the lion and increases its offensive stats, trained to threaten gives you more crit but I'm pretty sure the big loss in STR and WS for your lion probably isn't worth it.

3- Renown passives should be melee crit + str, talismans should be STR and STR + Weaponskill for the weapon.

4- Beastmaster is one of WL only two viable builds, and the best for burst and 1-100%. https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4253,4265

5- Personal preference

Feomatar
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:31 pm

thx

Ads
Elementale

Post#9 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:42 pm

Is it possible to cast 2 lion's buffs in combat so the lion uses 6 skills continuously?

geezereur

Post#10 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:30 pm

Elementale wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:42 pm Is it possible to cast 2 lion's buffs in combat so the lion uses 6 skills continuously?
It is possible to change the lions stance in combat yes.