Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online: 1.4.9 Patch Notes on PTS

Let's talk about... everything else
Bozzax

Re: Warhammer Online: 1.4.9 Patch Notes on PTS

Post#31 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:39 pm

Oh and before you flame me for claiming BW/sorc being fluff I'd like to add I don't consider 1-rotation PUGs without heal or guards being a big thing. Their squishiness, egos and tendencies to have bad temper is enough downsides if you ask me.

Ps. Belgara and Jigglypuff was pro possibly one or two more. Still on my personal "o-**** list" there would be like 100 toons which would be much more troublesome. Provided the healers weren't afk ofc.
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Azarael

Post#32 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Bozzax wrote:Why bother with 1.4.9 most that played would probably say that those changes as always was a step in the wrong direction?
I dunno about you, but I consider the SM / BO changes to be straight buffs, especially on Phantom's Blade. The complaint about the War Shouts / Blade Enchantments was that they had no group utility, outside of the offensive ones which were changed a long time ago to also buff groupmates within 100 feet when stealing stats. As far as I can see, the intent of the change is to give the same utility to the other WS/BEs. An armor steal on Heaven's Blade and Da Greenest! is a welcome change as well.

Bozzax

Post#33 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:30 pm

1.4.9 is untested stuff

Looking at BO/SM only
1. KOTBS/Chosen still are Alpha after that fix (no stance reqs, auras, M3 root...)
2. Both have broken trees/(weak) abilities that don't stack (x2 armour buffs, x2 resist debuffs ...)
3. KDs @ 14 instead of 10
4. No reliable long KBs
5. Weak shouts/blade enchants some self only

I just don't think they nailed it this time either

Ps. I like orcs but I don't trust EA dev
Last edited by Bozzax on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Azarael

Post#34 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:36 pm

They probably didn't, but what's there is better than nothing and it's easier to justify making changes, because it represent's both Mythic's acknowledgement of underpowered features and an idea of what they were planning to do to change it - whereas community suggestions for modifications will never be accepted under any circumstances until the emulator is completed, as I understand it.

Luth

Post#35 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:19 pm

I agree with Azarael, phantoms blade is a welcome change. While wound debuffs are mainly used on the destruction side, they are rarely seen on the order side. You have to bring in either a kotbs with a twohanded weapon (rarely seen) or even a slayer with a twohanded weapon ( :lol: ).

Tesq

Post#36 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:27 pm

Bozzax wrote:1.4.9 is untested stuff

Looking at BO/SM only
1. KOTBS/Chosen still are Alpha after that fix (no stance reqs, auras, M3 root...)
2. Both have broken trees/(weak) abilities that don't stack (x2 armour buffs, x2 resist debuffs ...)
3. KDs @ 14 instead of 10
4. No reliable long KBs
5. Weak shouts/blade enchants some self only

I just don't think they nailed it this time either

Ps. I like orcs but I don't trust EA dev
this was told severaL times

chosen have nothing broken /kobs yes, stop put them on the same table, if you want touch something on chosen that is destinate to victory only

Kobs is totaly different to chosen, the fact that chosen is prefer to other destru tank in game is becouse is the only group support tank, his dps had alredy downrade in past, bo make more damage, BG also debuff more and are more resistence in 2h spec.
The only viable chosen build from long ago was tri spec (and only thx to lotd weapons), or a 1h + sword build
Kobs born with BG and their event and togheter with it share the de-active KB (just stupid), kobs took only the better from chosen leave back the crap and replace it with overpower things.

Kobs is actuly god in this game and it should not be compared to chosen unless are you tell me a moral 3 un-breakable root, auto de-active KB, 10% crit chance increase, 10% heal increase, 70% armor penetration, 50% un-cleanseable damage reduction, 3 Ap regen source + all other thing chosen can do + what i have forgotten.

-Before you postly about cripple strike i wanna remember you: it does not stack with challenge( that every tank can use in wb play.... so use cripple strike is useless, in small scale fight you need more boost to finish tanky classes so damage reduction wont help you, while alredy destinated to victory and challange provide that), it need to crit( and lotd talisman will be no more bugged ..........).

-Before you post about ap tactic from chosen /kobs , on chosen that tactic is right cos is required for chosen rotation and hold the line + other chosen tact that require a huge amount of ap, the actualy viable chosen build cannot use ap aura, or it will get survability problem under focus, with out considering it benefith only chosen and chosen dps was nerfed several times, ye we can spam ravage, so tell me when it's the last time chosen top in sc board...tell me im corious?

-KOBS have indeed 3rd skill that regenerate ap free when hit and togheter grant an armor buff, that's is the difference, while chosen have armor and damage reduction (only 15%...) kobs have both ( but damage reduction is (50%....) + it get for FREE an ap regen( that it should be removed). Kobs do not slot ap regen tactic while chosen have to cos have better thing like 10% crit to slot that benefith more party et and can use too in his better support build ap aura.
So while chosen have a -1 on his tacti to regen his own ap, kobs get it for free and can use ap aura to regen other ap and lower enemys ap.

If chosen need something is mirror 2-3 things from IB(1 skill and 2 tactis) and ib deserve the same from chosen i told it to keaven, he look to that and he agree, and if you all would know how mirror work in warhammer you would agree too.
Every classes in game took something from from his opposite classes + something from another enemy realm classes of the same kind, look bg and IB aoe snare, chosen and SM spiritual main base attack, etc.

without count 2-3 tactis that are pre ap-tactic change are completly useless atm
without considering kobs have that **** tactic that increase of .........what you think about ? shouln't it be too low around 400 strengh, wep skill and initiative?
As final consideration chosen was nerfed 25 times....yes 25...so

Yor argument ARE ALL INVALID

Bozzax

Post#37 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:09 pm

I wrote KOBS/Chosen will be alpha tanks even after a 1.4.9 patch more or less simply because of twisting auras, KBs, KDs and no annoying mechanic.

I said nothing about their relative strength. If you ask me I'd say KOBS are the better of the two but that is another topic.

Bozzax

Post#38 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:22 pm

Luth wrote:I agree with Azarael, phantoms blade is a welcome change. While wound debuffs are mainly used on the destruction side, they are rarely seen on the order side. You have to bring in either a kotbs with a twohanded weapon (rarely seen) or even a slayer with a twohanded weapon ( :lol: ).
2h-slyaers are seriously cool. Only toon with a dispel absorb+damage attack. Sneaky if you ask me and I like sneaky :)

Ads
Glaiveheart

Post#39 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:58 am

Telen wrote:Until the devs and american guilds got absolutely mullered by eu bomb groups on the private server.
Man, people even got wrecked by the terrible NA bomb groups in NA. It was almost astounding how bad people were in group PvP across the board. I still can't wrap my head around how a coordinated group could get ruined by a bomb group unless they had no mobile rdps/counters of their own... which was probably likely because the NA pop at large seemed to hate all of the high utility classes except Ironbreakers.

Like I remember rolling on Iron Rock and being told about two groups that would absolutely wreck our [expletive], and they were terrible. I legit remember my first week in T4 I was in a Nordenwatch and I saw a BW and Sorc run at each other and start mashing PBAoE. I couldn't freaking believe it.

Mythic definitely did their damndest to try and further break any semblance of balance/equilibrium from patch to patch with this game, though. I've never seen so many short-sighted implementations and kneejerk nerfs/overbuffs in a game in my life.
Playing from Canada. Melee latency is real.
Areyk : WP 10/1 | Kaliboras : AM 10/5 | Greninja : Eng 10/1 | Doyourealize : BW 10/5 | Thatsmyfetish : RP 10/5 | Anklebiter : IB 1/1
Joyandkhaine : DoK 10/5 | Thiself : WE 9/1 | Glaiveheart : BG 5/1

Tesq

Post#40 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:46 am

still if you even try other game with big scale pvp war is still more balance in his unbalance than other game