Recent Topics

Ads

Need your honest opinion about this game

Let's talk about... everything else
ColdRain

Need your honest opinion about this game

Post#1 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:18 pm

Hi everyone, how are all of you doing.
Here's my story. I've been wanting to play this game since the very beginning, but for whatever reason, I couldnt. And since that day till today Warhammer AoR is printed in my brain. I now, I kinda wanna play this, but Im on a full time job, and also splitting my time between WoW, Tera, D3 and HotS. So basically, I need your honest opinion here guys, how is this compare to the other mmos? is it fun? how big is the comunity? Will I be running around alone? Is it worth downloading?
Thank in advance!

Ads
zabis

Re: Need your honest opinion about this game

Post#2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:24 pm

It is still the greatest MMO of all time!
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:25 pm

Game is thriving, you'll always find action. Whereas WOW is more small-scale/arena MMR PvP, WAR is more about RvR and fighting within a warband (but you do get some smallscale and group-sized action). Lots of objective-based BG/scenarios, and the PvP in RvR is done with city siege being the main objective, i.e. your aim is to take over all the zones with your realm so you can eventually take over your enemy's city.

tldr - you'll like it. Find a guild and get friendly with them!

ColdRain

Post#4 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:48 pm

All that sound awesome. I've read many, many years ago that one of the main reasons the game flopped was because of the unbalance between classes, is that still the case here?

zabis

Post#5 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:56 pm

If you check out the change logs, you'll see that this dev team is constantly striving towards balance

viewforum.php?f=42
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Tesq

Post#6 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:05 pm

classes are way better than any other mmo, ye they are still tank , dd and healer but they really are more unique: lv up in lower tier can be an issue now, try to get into 1 guild lv up solo is a suicide currently.

Luuca

Post#7 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Read this First: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17214

Understand that a majority of the active players are in T4, level 40

Understand that without dedication, getting to level 40 solo is a slog-fest. T2 and T3 levels are dead. you need to farm/grinf mobs or quest if you like questing

Having a good guild behind you is important as they will have Alts they can level with you for a time and mains who can help tank/heal higher level PQs with you to level you up and get you gear/gold.

It's not WoW.. it's better, but you have to earn it.

Rapture

Post#8 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:43 am

First of all remember this game is an alpha. It changes sometimes on a weekly basis monthly basis or daily basis. I started this year I have four level 40/rr40+ characters. I also try to keep at least one character in each teir. I worked 12 hours today I'm in game right now I have a wife and a 17-year-old daughter and I pay all the bills. And I'm having fun. I'm not the best player out there and I'm not a superstar I have moments I do shine on my characters but most important part is I'm having fun. Also I stick to one realm don't have to go to the drama switching back and forth trying to level characters on two different realms.

Ads
spacegoat

Post#9 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:09 am

Warhammer has a steep learning curve, and can be extremely frustrating at times. The strange thing is that its rough edges and mercilessly 'unbalanced' PvP environment are actually part of what make it so much fun. If you grit your teeth, play smart, and accept that you're going to have to adapt yourself to a difficult and changing (i.e, in development/alpha) environment, you will enjoy yourself immensely. There is nothing more satisfying than victory in the face of sub-optimal circumstances. And when that can't be had, valorous defeat is still a good substitute.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#10 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:14 am

Fun to play, however a LOT of mechanics aren't obvious, and the games SFX rarely makes it clear exactly what's happening.

Nature of the game is big warband fights, by and large. Because of this (and other balancing issues), if you choose to play a melee character that isn't a tank, chances are you won't have fun. Particularly if you don't have a tank and healer friend.

Tier 3 is absolutely dead at all times. I have 3 characters sitting in Tier 3 that I WISH I could get them out of, but none of them are tanks or healers and they can't grind champions mobs. I honestly do wish there was an instant 40/0 option.

If you roll on Order, expect to get steamrolled in scenarios, for some reason we are plagued with bad players, and have essentially zero tanks and very few healers. Most SCs (ESPECIALLY outside T4) are entirely DPS versus a balanced makeup on destro, and there is basically no chance for victory. This has been my personal experience though, and is subjective.