Recent Topics

Ads

Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Let's talk about... everything else
wachlarz

Re: Why 2h tanks are not considered "true" tanks?

Post#71 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:42 pm

Esperflame wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm Before Treehit Combo was relegated to 2hander only, no one could have talked me into playing my Black Orc 2hander. I had a fun bruiser build I was happy with. I was still tanky a tough to beat on but I had one good burst move for a bit of dmg to threaten squishy's with. Nerfs have concequences Devs. I thought you guys learned that during the mass exodus to the APOC server? You guys even posted stating you had learned your lesson. I'm glad you guys has the skills to make changes to the game, but your balance Devs consistently have demonstrated they have no clue on how to balances changes to the game.

Again, I didn't want to be a 2hander bruiser BO, but you guys broke my build. Now you wanna break Black Orc builds again?
Wher is this exodus? 6 months ago we can dream about 1k ppl online.

Ads
Jabba

Post#72 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:42 pm
Esperflame wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm Before Treehit Combo was relegated to 2hander only, no one could have talked me into playing my Black Orc 2hander. I had a fun bruiser build I was happy with. I was still tanky a tough to beat on but I had one good burst move for a bit of dmg to threaten squishy's with. Nerfs have concequences Devs. I thought you guys learned that during the mass exodus to the APOC server? You guys even posted stating you had learned your lesson. I'm glad you guys has the skills to make changes to the game, but your balance Devs consistently have demonstrated they have no clue on how to balances changes to the game.

Again, I didn't want to be a 2hander bruiser BO, but you guys broke my build. Now you wanna break Black Orc builds again?
Maybe because 6 months ago lots of people weren't playing the game......some of those people were maybe not playing the game because of changes that were made to the game
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

wachlarz

Post#73 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Jabba wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:45 pm

Maybe because 6 months ago lots of people weren't playing the game......some of those people were maybe not playing the game because of changes that were made to the game
So with Yours logic lets devs make more changes and U go to other serwer and we WILL have 2k ppl online. 😂

Ugle

Post#74 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:05 pm

+1 from everyone who cba to play their tank(s) anymore

+1
inactive

peterthepan3

Post#75 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm

Population will not change as the vast majority of people will be unaffected by this change: 2h are an oddity and not sought after in Warband play, and most 2h tanks in unorganised environments (such as the PuG SC) weren't particularly partial to using their Guard ability in the first place.

Those who are affected (namely, the organised smallscale demographic) will be feeling this particularly hard, and I won't be surprised if people decide to give up off the bat, instead of learning to adapt.

Sulorie

Post#76 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:08 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:57 am
anarchypark wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:30 am
what's important:
stand still, draw line, set rally point, push through, block enemy charge.
to do that, you need to survive.
survivability is most important to be tank.
Now tell me in what situations this is required and you might notice, that this was no appropriate argument.

i don't understand your question. i do that all the time. it required all the time.
it's tank line.
In small scale you don't block a charge and there are no funnels, where you have to break through. This doesn't happen at all during small scale roaming, 6vs6 or scenario. To control an enemy in such an environment you use CC, something 2h tanks are better, because lower punt cooldown.

You described something mandatory for mass rvr, a place for shield tanks are best anyway.
Dying is no option.

Ugle

Post#77 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:12 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm Population will not change as the vast majority of people will be unaffected by this change: 2h are an oddity and not sought after in Warband play, and most 2h tanks in unorganised environments (such as the PuG SC) weren't particularly partial to using their Guard ability in the first place.

Those who are affected (namely, the organised smallscale demographic) will be feeling this particularly hard, and I won't be surprised if people decide to give up off the bat, instead of learning to adapt.
Tbh the two - three grps that this change was probably aimed at, namely the ones "able to tank (disorganised pug) WBs" will adapt because playing with their groups is rewarding enough snb or not (these already did play with
At least one snb from my observations), while the less dedicated (semi pug smallscale groups) probably will give up because it is not rewarding enough. So, a double fail there to "address the problem"
inactive

Jabba

Post#78 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:16 pm

wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:58 pm
So with Yours logic lets devs make more changes and U go to other serwer and we WILL have 2k ppl online. 😂
Oh dear god, this server filled with 2k people all as dense as you. That really is nightmare fuel.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
wachlarz

Post#79 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:24 pm

Jabba wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:16 pm
wachlarz wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:58 pm

Oh dear god, this server filled with 2k people all as dense as you. That really is nightmare fuel.
U still on RoR ? go go go other serwer :D

Arbich
Suspended

Post#80 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:40 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:06 pm Population will not change as the vast majority of people will be unaffected by this change: 2h are an oddity and not sought after in Warband play, and most 2h tanks in unorganised environments (such as the PuG SC) weren't particularly partial to using their Guard ability in the first place.

Played NA-time too often, recently? :lol:

The majority (>50%) of the 2hand in pug scs actually does know what the most important ability of their archetype is.
Thats why I think a lot more ppl then a few premades are unhappy with the changes.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM