Recent Topics

Ads

Brainstorm/Discussion on how to make SnB BG viable.

Let's talk about... everything else
SmackdownNinja

Brainstorm/Discussion on how to make SnB BG viable.

Post#1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 am

With the recent nerfs to how guard works with 2h, BG has been left in a bad spot. It has now lost it's spot in premade 6v6 and WBs. Now granted, BG was never really wanted in a WB due to not bringing much group utility, and having to go 2h for Crimson Death, but could sometimes find a spot depending on the WB comp. As for both 6v6 and WB play, losing guard effectiveness will cause the BG to be more of a liability then a strength, and going SnB as BG brings nothing to a group/wb. You gotta ask yourself why would I take a BG, when I can take another CHO or BO? To offput this, and give BG a spot back in both formats, SnB BG should get something to put it on par with both BO and CHO.

I am interested in hearing in what the community thinks about it, and what ideas we could come up with that would give SnB BG a unique roll in both formats, and make it competitive enough for a spot against BO/CHO. This is not a balance proposal, but simply a discussion and brainstorm for ideas that could make the BG viable against the other tanks. Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a good day.
Last edited by SmackdownNinja on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
DokB

Re: Brainstorm/Discussion on how to make SnB BG viable.

Post#2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 am

Spoiler:
I fully expect them to revert the guard change, it would be utterly insane not to.
The guard change has been tested and I would gauge the majority find it to be not only unwarranted but also extremely foolish in the first place. At no point was there any ever serious discussion beforehand that 2H tanks were over performing to warrant a guard change, nor were any arguments presented which weren’t refuted or proven to be incorrect.

I would honestly just say wait and see what happens at this point but I really don’t expect this change to be in longer than a week. Sorry to derail, just my opinion..
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

footpatrol2

Post#3 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:50 am

Spoiler:
This is also RoR. So you don't really know if it will stay or not.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:54 am

There is no NEED to SnB BG viable becuase it already IS viable

ontop of the standard tools that make SnB tanks fine, you forget that BG has THE single best knockdown in the game at 5 secods

Just becuase BG was not desirable in warband play becuase WB play is all about Morales, AoE and bombing dost mean that SnB spec is bad

the devs simply made an utterly stupid change trying to "fix" something that was never an issue by listening to people whom dont play the game apparently

xoonerfree
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 am

DokB wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 am
Spoiler:
I fully expect them to revert the guard change, it would be utterly insane not to.
The guard change has been tested and I would gauge the majority find it to be not only unwarranted but also extremely foolish in the first place. At no point was there any ever serious discussion beforehand that 2H tanks were over performing to warrant a guard change, nor were any arguments presented which weren’t refuted or proven to be incorrect.

I would honestly just say wait and see what happens at this point but I really don’t expect this change to be in longer than a week. Sorry to derail, just my opinion..
maybe another double RP weekend to distract us?

as long as the population stays stable things are good imo, it's a free game after all.

i don't like the change.

Grock

Post#6 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:42 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 amAs for both 6v6 and WB play, losing 25% of guard effectiveness
Just to repeat it once more: Guard has lost 66% of its effectiveness.
50% damage reduction mean't you can take 100% more damage.
25% damage reduction means you can take 33% more damage.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

SmackdownNinja

Post#7 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:12 am

DokB wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:46 am
Spoiler:

I for one hope they do, seems like a lot of things weren't considered when this change came through.
Grock wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:42 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 amAs for both 6v6 and WB play, losing 25% of guard effectiveness
Just to repeat it once more: Guard has lost 66% of its effectiveness.
50% damage reduction mean't you can take 100% more damage.
25% damage reduction means you can take 33% more damage.
Gotcha, even worse then I thought. I'll edit it. Thanks for the info
footpatrol2 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:50 am
Spoiler:
This is also RoR. So you don't really know if it will stay or not.
Yeah thats true as well, we will just have to wait and see what happens I guess.
TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:54 am There is no NEED to SnB BG viable becuase it already IS viable

ontop of the standard tools that make SnB tanks fine, you forget that BG has THE single best knockdown in the game at 5 secods

Just becuase BG was not desirable in warband play becuase WB play is all about Morales, AoE and bombing dost mean that SnB spec is bad

the devs simply made an utterly stupid change trying to "fix" something that was never an issue by listening to people whom dont play the game apparently
I agree with ya for the most part but SnB BG could use some love for wb play. KD is def the best but its not on demand, requiring block first. But block is super is easy to get through guard so it works out all right. But do you think that one kd is enough to warrant it a spot over BO/CHO in 6v6 if the 2h guard nerf stays? It still has a the best knock back as well so I guess we’ll just have to see how everything plays out. It would be nice to see SnB BG more viable in WB play tho if the 2h guard nerf stays.
Last edited by SmackdownNinja on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

wachlarz

Post#8 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:28 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:54 am There is no NEED to SnB BG viable becuase it already IS viable

So U pick a bg to play because of 1 skill 5 sec stun? Wow 3 sec more than chosen !!

Ads
Foltestik

Post#9 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 am

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:36 am With the recent nerfs to how guard works with 2h, BG has been left in a bad spot. It has now lost it's spot in premade 6v6 and WBs. Now granted, BG was never really wanted in a WB due to not bringing much group utility, and having to go 2h for Crimson Death, but could sometimes find a spot depending on the WB comp. As for both 6v6 and WB play, losing guard effectiveness will cause the BG to be more of a liability then a strength, and going SnB as BG brings nothing to a group/wb. You gotta ask yourself why would I take a BG, when I can take another CHO or BO? To offput this, and give BG a spot back in both formats, SnB BG should get something to put it on par with both BO and CHO.

I am interested in hearing in what the community thinks about it, and what ideas we could come up with that would give SnB BG a unique roll in both formats, and make it competitive enough for a spot against BO/CHO. This is not a balance proposal, but simply a discussion and brainstorm for ideas that could make the BG viable against the other tanks. Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a good day.
roll knight

Acidic

Post#10 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:12 am

Answered wrong thread :)
Last edited by Acidic on Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.