Recent Topics

Ads

Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Glorian

Re: Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Post#21 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:14 am

The whole turret mechanic is what makes the engi fun. Finding strongpoints, holding them, fall back to them.

But Luth is right. The pets were moved out of the Group heal part because WL pets were killing oil and players and siege on the wall.
If you have a healer healing Lions nowadays you can still do it. But the other pets just vanish in rvr. There are several ground AoE Attacks that just eats through them in seconds.

So my suggestion would be to get the pets just back in the group heal effect.

Ads
Osred

Post#22 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 am

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:58 am Not going to be a popular opinion but I think things are mostly fine.

The whole demon/turret thing is part of the flavor. You give up mobility for what I think is some rather satisfying damage while stationary (plus the utility). The price paid is a pet that falls over regularly. I find it a reasonable exchange for my Magus and Engie and they excel in the thing they are supposed to be good at which is sieges.

Also worth noting that considering SW (and presumably SH...but don't play one) have limited reasons to be in a WB as well, you could argue the problem isn't Magus/Engie are under performing but other classes like BW and Sorc are over-performing ... not like it hasn't happened before.
You forget that turret/demon arent a singular be all end all turret. They come in 3 different varieties with different significant playstyle changes.

I'm totally fine with the Gun Turret having less AoE resistance than the other two because duh, theyre meant to be long range. However the other two which are meant to be used;

- Flame Turret - 45ft range - Defensive/Attrition Offensive/Chokepoints

problem : Cannot be used currently as its currently designed for. Close and large encounters involving AoE

- Bombadier - 65ft range Offensive Mobility

problem: Cannot be used because of large amounts of aoe in in quick fights. Turret is dead before enough stacks can be applied in order to allow the engi to use its move on cast bonus for genadier abilities.

If the devs will not budge or give any evidence as to why turrets/demon were overperforming in order to justify a blanket nerf. Then a compromise can be done. Flame Turret / Blue Demon should have their AoE resistance reinstated full effect. Bombadier at 25% and Gun at current levels.

I will reiterate. A CLASS MECHANIC is not a bonus, it is not a little sprinkle of something extra. A class mechanic is integral to class playstyle and design.

When your entire class mechanic cannot even be used even in the smallest of fights. Thats a significant design flaw that would of been a highest priority fix in any stage of bug fixing within game development.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

kirraha

Post#23 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:12 am

I used to main magus in wb a while ago. But I did acually stop play it cause of the pet change. The pet dies ever 3second. All dmg I produced is dropped and I spend most time summoning my pet, or ignore pet and deal poor dmg. As a rr76magus it feels kinda pointless to play the class in any wb style.

Imagine if this would occure to sorcs dark magic? Every third second their dark magic would reset to 0. Oooooh how the complains would stack.

Well I keep playing my bork and hope for a
brighter future for magus in wb. At least some aoe heal affect should exist for the pets. NOBODY st heals pets. Maybe in 6man? But never in wb. I want magus to be viable in wb as aoe or st. It used to be really fun ;)

There are still dwarves to rift.

RuffRyder

Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Post#24 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am

While I agree with the op basically, there are several other things being said where I don't.
Yes, the turret lifespan is somewhat f***ed up in RvR, but that's the only disadvantage I can think of.

What Glorian wrote is a valid point since group healing pets has been exploited with moving pets in the past, but maybe there is a possibility to split immovable pets in some way from this restriction.

Like mentioned in keep defense situations this isn't a problem at all, while in open field in front of a keep AoE siege cannons will hit as hard as on players with accordingly ranked keeps, and that's fine so far.

Instant stacks aren't a solution since it's not only the dmg boost that goes in line with the turret, but the other mechanics like range/AoE increase or avoidance instantly would be vastly overpowered, a turret is no panic button.

I used to be a fan of using Well-Oiled Machine (instant pet) for a while but if you ask me today it's a wasted tactic slot, even in SCs. The only situation I can think of is spawn and self-destruct to flee, but you can use Land Mine or Barb Wire for it, too.

If there are concerns in the mobility of the classes, they have Bomb Turret to keep stacks up in a higher radius, just use it in the appropriate manner since this mechanic is part of this class to function.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Tesq

Post#25 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am

RuffRyder wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 am While I agree with the op basically, there are several other things being said where I don't.
Yes, the turret lifespan is somewhat f***ed up in RvR, but that's the only disadvantage I can think of.

What Glorian wrote is a valid point since group healing pets has been exploited with moving pets in the past, but maybe there is a possibility to split immovable pets in some way from this restriction.

Like mentioned in keep defense situations this isn't a problem at all, while in open field in front of a keep AoE siege cannons will hit as hard as on players with accordingly ranked keeps, and that's fine so far.

Instant stacks aren't a solution since it's not only the dmg boost that goes in line with the turret, but the other mechanics like range/AoE increase or avoidance instantly would be vastly overpowered, a turret is no panic button.

I used to be a fan of using Well-Oiled Machine (instant pet) for a while but if you ask me today it's a wasted tactic slot, even in SCs. The only situation I can think of is spawn and self-destruct to flee, but you can use Land Mine or Barb Wire for it, too.

If there are concerns in the mobility of the classes, they have Bomb Turret to keep stacks up in a higher radius, just use it in the appropriate manner since this mechanic is part of this class to function.
like make sieges weapons immune to pet.......

RuffRyder

Post#26 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:41 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am like make sieges weapons immune to pet.......
Why would you want to make it impossible for turrets to shoot on oil (would be only for DoTs though).
It's more about Lions and Squigs hopping onto walls to attack/fetch/punt, it's not like pets getting down siege equipment very quickly.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

mubbl

Post#27 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:00 pm

Spoiler:
RuffRyder wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:41 am
Tesq wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:33 am like make sieges weapons immune to pet.......
Why would you want to make it impossible for turrets to shoot on oil (would be only for DoTs though).
It's more about Lions and Squigs hopping onto walls to attack/fetch/punt, it's not like pets getting down siege equipment very quickly.
yee just delete wls this filthy game mechanic exploiting class, which makes every other class with a pet suffer just throught only existing...
too much off topic and mememe 8-)

Tesq

Post#28 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm

RuffRyder wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:41 am
because dmg is negletable.....anyway can just disable melee pet skill on sieges weapon which is where the abuse is (melee dmg do hyper increase dmg on siege stuff, if a melee DD ninja keep, is fine... if a pet get exploit bug throught wall is another thing).

Ads
abodam

Post#29 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Flame Turret / Blue Horror could use a buff to wounds as they should be "tank" pets.

Otherwise pets are better than ever, they actually do damage, instead of being just useless burden.
Magus / BG

Tesq

Post#30 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:36 pm

abodam wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:27 pm Flame Turret / Blue Horror could use a buff to wounds as they should be "tank" pets.

Otherwise pets are better than ever, they actually do damage, instead of being just useless burden.
Pets should cope your stats distribuition, if you spec def build and play change the dam flamer should be hard to kill, if you build full glass then its different of course.