Recent Topics

Ads

Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Let's talk about... everything else
Osred

Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Post#1 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:10 am

So I finally dusted off engi after a few years to find the pets are now dying in 2 hits from AoE

I remember there being a change to pets so they have aoe damage reduction so Engi and Magus could be viable in Orvr and larger fights because their pet kept getting gibbed from small amounts of damage.

What was the reason for this change? Is it a bug? Engi/Magus pets were in a good place since Azareals changes, more welcome in premade warbands. Now they cant even use their career mechanic and are weaker for it.

I saw a small thread on engi turret health and a response from Torque that this was a prelude to further pet changes, so i understand this came from him. However Torque is no longer a part of the team, and as a result, no changes came. Most of his class changes to other classes have been reverted already. Turrets/Demons remain in their weakened state and cannot be utilised. A class literally cannot use their career mechanic in rvr. This is critical.

Any light on the actual logic for this change. And specific reasoning, test procedures, case studies/ingame examples etc, was it consulted by experienced players.
Last edited by Osred on Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
Vaul

Re: Turret/Demon Pet Health in RvR

Post#2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 am

There's a similar post here Pet survivability and within that you'll there is a open Bug Report from January.

It sucks tbh. i was keeping my Magus on ice for a while hoping this would get resolved but it's been over 4 months now so i am not sure if it's actually working as intended. You know, #nerfMagus.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Glorian

Post#3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:24 pm

All you need is one Marauder/Choppa jumping on your pets and hitting 1 or 2 Aoe attacks and your bonus damage is gone.

Tesq

Post#4 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:14 pm

gl with make any good sense change happening here....

#swiffer-balance-forum....

anarchypark

Post#5 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 pm

turrets/daemons are expendable pets. not like lion/squig.
up and down pet bonus is mechanic management.
it's too strong at the keep, too weak at the outside.
but that's balance forum thing.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Tesq

Post#6 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:09 pm

anarchypark wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:03 pm but that's balance forum thing.
balance forum, a place where put your idea and let me take dust forevaa and evaaaaa

Osred

Post#7 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pm

Guys please I'm not after a balance proposal. I'm after the reasons for the change. In what way were pets over performing, If there was evidence, analysis, conclusions, player consensus. I'm interested in those areas.

Were Bitterstone becoming too dominant and a force to be reckoned with in Orvr?
Were Engi's/Magus taking the spots of Bright Wizards/Sorcs and Slayers/Choppas in warbands?
Were they excelling in 6v6 and therefore over-represented?

Or is it simply a bug?
Last edited by Osred on Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Tesq

Post#8 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:21 pm

Osred wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:17 pm Guys please I'm not after a balance proposal. I'm after the reasons for the change. If there was evidence, analysis, conclusions, player consensus. I'm interested in those areas.
no, torque did it for no reason while dealing with wl stuff, it then later making a on the moment justificatin explained that since wl pet have cd, magus/engi cant have the same durability.

AS if summon deamn/turrent grant you full use the meccanic stacks....which is exatly what wl/squig get ...

wl/squig--> pet cd / ista all assosiated advantage
Magus/engi ---> pet no cd / have to build those advantage

aka dumb change for no reason didnt really changed a thing in small scale but **** any pet use in rvr exept summon + pull.
altught it is playable if you play a change/granadier build using the range channeling + napal/diss mist because of course you are not in melee getting hit in da face.

Ads
Reesh

Post#9 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:21 pm

Everyone knew it was dumb, everyone knows it's stupid, nothing will be done to the issue, move on. ;)

Onemantankwall

Post#10 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:26 pm

As i have both a 40 magus and engie, id personally like to see the 8 stacks instant on turrent spawn i mean they get 2 hitted anyway and we have to spam spawn them, could open up kiting in open battlefield, no other pet suffers from having to wait to build up dmg just give the increased dmg from start of pet spawn so u can get in a rotation before pet falls over
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!