Recent Topics

Ads

What's the latest with Wards?

Let's talk about... everything else
Psychopski
Suspended

What's the latest with Wards?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:49 am

I know how they worked at launch but it's been many years.

Is there a guide somewhere that explains the current meta? Is there a list, by level, of which instances or quest lines we should be doing once we get out of T1 in order to make sure we can slide into our gear as we level? If not it would be great if someone could compile such a list so us "old" returning noobs know what we need to be doing.

Which sets do we need to acquire in order to get warded to "unlock" the next set? How are these sets acquired? Just buy them from vendor for Officers Medallions? Are some of the Wards only unlockable via PVE(kills X inside Y instance)? If so which specific instances and at what level do we need to start attempting to clear/complete these instances?

All i know of right now is Sacellum at 16. Are there mid level dungeons I need to be doing in my 20s? 30s? If so which instances, what are the requirements per instance and are there any associated/required quest lines?

Thanks

Ads
Stophy22

Re: What's the latest with Wards?

Post#2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:11 am

Psychopski wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:49 am I know how they worked at launch but it's been many years.

Is there a guide somewhere that explains the current meta? Is there a list, by level, of which instances or quest lines we should be doing once we get out of T1 in order to make sure we can slide into our gear as we level? If not it would be great if someone could compile such a list so us "old" returning noobs know what we need to be doing.

All i know of right now is Sacellum at 16. Are there mid level dungeons I need to be doing in my 20s? 30s? If so which instances and are there any associated/required quest lines?

Thanks
Lemme learn you my lad.

You get your first ward when you equip a full set of Redeye armor (minus the cloak)
-This ward allows you to Equip sentinel armor
-Redeye armor comes from Gunbad and I believe you get bolstered now at lvl 32 so you can do it as early as that, allthough I would always suggest a full set of Merc/anni before doing any pve just so gear contraints aren't a problem.

You get your second ward when you equip a full set of Sentinel armor (minus the ring)
-This ward allows you to wear Bloodlord armor
-Sentinel Armor comes from BB/BE in Destro (any order info on Sentinel gear I cannot help with- something to do with rats)

You get your Superior ward upon wearing a full set of Bloodlord (minus the Waist)tested you don't need the waist to get the ward
-This ward does absolutely nothing? Yet?

So normal progresssion for a new player in RoR is kind of like this
Get lvl 40
-get rr 35
-get anni/merc
-get redeye in between or whenver your timezone allows finding a group for Gunbad.
-getting rr40
-Invader Gear through forts should be slowly grinded out once you hit RR 40 since you can enter forts and you get only 4 per fort. The actual requirement for wearing a full set of Invader is rr64 I believe? Something like that
-get rr 45
-conq and dominator is good once 45 (obtained the same way as Merc/anni
-once full redeye sentinel is good set, should have full conq and dom to help with BB/BE or whatever orders is called
-once full sentinel you can consider getting Blood lord armor (or you can start to acquire pieces at the same time you get sentinel pieces.
-Oppressor/Vanq is the step up from dom/conq so look to that improvement (its a step before invader and takes much longer to get, why? dunno)
Spoiler:
If you ever do a dungeon make sure you accept quests so you only have to run it x amount of times til ur full set is got provided you have crappy RNG
Honorable Mentions
-Onslaught armor is a thing too but I have met no one who has done this who doesn't have around 20 friends with similar needs so for sake of a hassle I'd skip this unless you really need it for your intricate build.
-Ruin armor is a thing, comes from PQ's. If ur power leveling to 40 and forgot about RR this is an option.
-Beastlord is pretty solid to get and isn't too hard, problem is its not a full set and what I mean by that is that
-Epic quest weapons are solid to get for entry lvl t4 but if ur in it for the long haul just grab these for appearances.

Hope it helps
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ototo

Post#3 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:50 am

Beastlord is actually a very good set for bonuses, specially for DPSs. You can use the jewelry, with very nice stats, the cloak, that has a talisman slot to customize, and the pocket item, which not used at all by any other thing, to get a nice bonus to an offensive stat. Also you can go for the helm, which for main sets usually has crappy secondary stats like 2% disrupt/dodge/whatever, and get a nice bonus to another offensive stat.

If you think about it carefully, for one actual slot, the helm, you get 2 bonuses to stats and a talisman slot in a not so usual piece like is the cape, so it's a very good deal. Also the set has only level requirements, no rr, so it's open to anyone at level 40.
Spoiler:

dalen
Developer

Post#4 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:40 am

A PvE only gear progression would be:
Ruin set (from T4 PQs) -> Beastlord (Lair boss quests)-> Redeye (from Gunbad) -> Sentinel (from city dungeons) -> Bloodlord (from Bastion stairs)

In item level:
Ruin is ~= Anni/Merc
Redeye ~= Conq/Domi
Sentinel ~= Vanq/Oppressor
Bloodlord ~= Invader
Source Developer

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#5 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 am

You can run all instance in the same week, you don’t have to finish gunbad to start doing city dungeons .
Also , in each dungeon you can pick up some quest that will reward the dungeon set
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#6 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:00 am

Thanks to everyone for the informative replies.

Cheers