Recent Topics

Ads

Order and Destro Community differences

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: Order and Destro Community differences

Post#11 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:38 am

Maybe they are just all role playing. You wouldn't expect a DE to be a nice friendly chap.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#12 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm

The main difference between order and destro is that order does not like to lose, and at the very first wipe it rarely immediately tries to push again. but then, destro can run like a zombie for slaughter many times in a row, until finally they or understand that it is meaningless or they achieve their goal. Also, destro has more charismatic pug warband leaders. There is trash in chat both sides, but it is cleaned by adding to the ignore list of the most vile idiots, usually it is 1 -2 people.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

oaliaen

Post#13 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

The game itself turn ppl in which who you talked about...order have the best classes in general so ppl dont bother in getting better. Destro need to adapt and turn in same level as order. thats why HC player are ond estro and casuals on order.

tazdingo

Post#14 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm

there have been a number of these sorts of threads lately, some of them with hundreds of posts. in them, i have been told that both order and destro have no pubs or premades whilst simultaneously specializing in pubs and premades. i have been told that order is both incredibly toxic and pub friendly, and then heard the same about destro. both sides have no tanks or healers, but also keep in mind that destro has too many tanks and order too many healers. to top it all off, apparently everybody on both sides is losing every single SC, which leaves me to wonder where all the emblems are going

it's almost as if this is all hysteria

zulnam

Post#15 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:31 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm there have been a number of these sorts of threads lately, some of them with hundreds of posts. in them, i have been told that both order and destro have no pubs or premades whilst simultaneously specializing in pubs and premades. i have been told that order is both incredibly toxic and pub friendly, and then heard the same about destro. both sides have no tanks or healers, but also keep in mind that destro has too many tanks and order too many healers. to top it all off, apparently everybody on both sides is losing every single SC, which leaves me to wonder where all the emblems are going

it's almost as if this is all hysteria
Careful now! We don’ take too kindly to reasonin’ round deese ‘ere parts.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Grock

Post#16 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:58 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:46 am agree with peter. if you used "toxic" to desscribe a moba or lobby fps, understandable. using it to describe any aspect of ror is just being overly sensitive. this place really doesn't have much trouble with that sort of thing
It really is no different from any other pvp/competitive game, maybe you just personally don't notice it that often. Try playing DPS healer or DPS tank on order side and you'll get lots of hate.

People get toxic about other's build choice or playstyle all the time, the same way Overwatch players complain about Hanzo picks.
Though it mostly happens in SCs and dungeons, and much less often in ORvR, but bring back cross-faction chat and whispers and i guarantee you'll see lots of hate from solo roamers towards people gangbanging them while in a group.

Its just nowhere as apparent as in other games because we have small community and there isn't many ways(or reasons) to exposure it when it happens. And when people come to forums to complain about something they are immediately told to shut up and l2p, which is just another form of toxicity regardless of how you feel about it.
apparently everybody on both sides is losing every single SC
this is true and i have no idea how is it even possible :mrgreen:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

tazdingo

Post#17 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:12 pm

on my zeal i get ppl whining that i'm not out-of-group focus healing their **** 2H tank but it's a heavy minority. getting flak as a healer comes with the territory, and all i'm saying is that other games have it much, much worse. this is an unadvertised private server for an old game, most people here are 30yo boomers or laid back pothead burnouts, we really don't get that many toxic 12 year olds

Xergon

Post#18 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 pm

I can agree to some extend. Overall destro has more organized groups either 6mans or guild WBs. Order is more casual/pugfriendly and i have very similar timeline experience, started playing in April last year, at that time destro had more guild based WBs that order, and order only had enough power when bored destro decided to xrealm (yes thats why xrealming is/was good) and rolled order to have more interesting fights. Now when we talk about RvR on Order side there's CNTK (with 2guild grps maybe), BT with dwarf handicapped WB, sometimes FEUER or Cature guild but i think only 7th runs proper setup and is main source of power, while on destro u have/had PnP, NRM/FMJ and TUP (which taking vacations again). So mainly RvR is PUG vs PUG, but if only 1 or 2 groups log on either side they can sway balance very easily.

About whining and complaining, both sides does it, some of it is justified some is pure whine.

Sadly things going worse and worse, much less players who are dedicated, much more casual players. Upcoming months will be even worse cuz of WoW Classic, which i'm pretty sure will take much attention from more hardcore players.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Ads
zulnam

Post#19 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Xergon wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:30 pm Upcoming months will be even worse cuz of WoW Classic, which i'm pretty sure will take much attention from more hardcore players.
I tend to disagree, if anything, it will be casuals that will go. Wow classic has a decent pvp scene but nowhere near as complex and group oriented as RoR. No tank requirements, no bomb wb. The diehard SC fans will most likely love it there.

The closest thing you have to RvR is AV, which is semi-pve, fun, but nowhere near as complex in manouvering as even a T2 rvr lake. All pro PvPers will avoid wpvp raiding because of dishonorable kills (at least until they get rank 11-14).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:07 pm

Classic is pretty terrible for PvP, actually, so the 'diehard SC fans' would have already flocked to Legion or WOTLK private servers. Having said that, individual skill in Classic still factors in much more than is the case on RoR.