Recent Topics

Ads

Who to PM for individual's toxic behavior in game towards all?

Let's talk about... everything else
Psychopski
Suspended

Who to PM for individual's toxic behavior in game towards all?

Post#1 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm

I'm thick skinned but I've noticed a particular individual being extremely toxic towards new players and basically everyone in scens. To include hate speech, "kill yourself", telling new players to quit, and various other insults.

I just put them on ignore and move on but this type of behavior doesn't bode well on live Streams, for the community as well as for players new to the game. I have some screenshots I'd like to send to a game admin.

Ads
Flavorburst

Re: Who to PM for individual's toxic behavior in game towards all?

Post#2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Wargrimnir

(or anyone else with a GM tag)

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Sent a message a few hours ago to Wargrimnir and have heard nothing back.

Flavorburst

Post#4 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:06 pm

He is probably at work or something. You can try someone else (or try PMing them in the RoR discord, anyone with the Gamemaster tag should do).

They don't want you to do it in public. You can send all that information (SS's, etc) in a PM, though. In fact, they will ask for those things in order to back your claim.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:09 pm

correct any GM will look into it, but also note that we dont report back on any potential outcome as the sanctions are between the staff and the offending person unless its gets a ban appeal posted.

chokeanutsman

Post#6 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 pm

I don't know, do they even ban people who trash talk? I'm all for free trash talk to expose who the real morons are, and just the fact that sometimes people deserve to be criticized harshly so they improve.

But the more pressing question is can they even afford to ban people just for trash talk? if they did then they would not have a player base lol.

DanielWinner

Post#7 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:46 pm

They do. But first they warn people, then the most toxic ones may go to the moon.

Locking.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:29 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:24 pm But the more pressing question is can they even afford to ban people just for trash talk? if they did then they would not have a player base lol.
Just to make this clear.

GM's are not remotely concerned with the health of the playerbase. We are not here to grow the playerbase, we are here to ban players without hesitation if they violate our rules. We will absolutely ban the playerbase down to 0 if it means eliminating toxic behavior, and would rather have no server than a server filled with people who are aggressively hostile and toxic towards normal players. No one on the team wants to waste time developing for a playerbase filled with assholes, they don't deserve it.

However we don't have to worry about losing the majority of the playerbase, as the majority are actually pretty chill and decent.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads