Recent Topics

Ads

At lower levels (~10-20), where should we go for EXP?

Let's talk about... everything else
Boleek

At lower levels (~10-20), where should we go for EXP?

Post#1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 am

It's my first week back after a ~9 year hiatus. Loving this game.

However, I've only really been doing starter zone quests, then RvR in T1 at this point. I'm level 11 with my Warrior Priest and having a blast, but EXP has been coming very slowly.

I tried doing a small group to do some public quests (is that the term), but exp seemed slow there as well.

Is there a strategy you'd recommend? Or perhaps could you point me towards a resource to learn more?

I find it difficult to understand where the changes are between Vanilla and the current game (EX: which areas, scenarios, etc offer exp bonuses).
Boleek Paladeen - Warrior Priest

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: At lower levels (~10-20), where should we go for EXP?

Post#2 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:45 am

Boleek wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:41 am
I tried doing a small group to do some public quests (is that the term), but exp seemed slow there as well.
well here's you problem

just go straight to orvr

pve isnt the way to level up really and public quests arnt worth it unless your trying to farm for a specific set

during so off times where the majority of the playerbase is off in forts so orvr is kinda dead yeah you can grind some mobs and there are some quests worth doing like the epic quests for their weapons in t4 but its faster to level up with scs and orvr

Osred

Post#3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:46 am

PvE is god awful, completely pointless (pre 40) and youre best spent using that time in orvr. Exp is too low and nobody wants to do it.

I strongly advise treasuring the 16-30 levels in rvr as youll be bolstered to god levels if you have decent gear with some basic talis in. I leveled my AM purely in orvr and scens from that time. I .getstated at one points and had 950 bolstered intelligence which was smoking most destro players. Im currently now 35/47 nearing 48 and am very glad i avoided pve.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Boleek

Post#4 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Thank you folks. That's what I figured as well, that RvR was my best bet. I wasn't sure if I could get sets of armor that way, or whether it was worth it.

I'll continue the RvR strategy for now. Thanks!

toffikx

Post#5 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Fastest way to level should be pve quests/scenarios. I’m genuinly suprised people would mention orvr as the best method. You also need r 40 to roll for good loot in orvr bags, so it seems a little bit pointless to get above RR 40 while not even being close to r 40. Orvr can make sense if you fall behind in renown rank as compared to you rank ( you earn more renown than XP in orvr).

Boleek

Post#6 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:33 pm

When I hopped on this AM, most had suggested questing as well. I get very little EXP (but obviously plenty of renown) from RvR.

In terms of questing, I hear the term 'scenarios' thrown around a lot, but I'm not sure of what they are. I see a document for it here, but it's not clear if it offers exp: https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wik ... i:Scenario

Typically I would just Google or YouTube such things, but with the game being:
1) Very old
&
2) Revamped

it's often difficult to find up-to-date or accurate information on your own.
Last edited by Boleek on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wiede

Post#7 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Questing/Scs is faster exp than rvr.

But no one wants to be lvl40 without RR and currency for items...

So go RvR/SC.

theSarevok

Post#8 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:26 pm

When people say “questing/scs” they just mean doing pve quests (preferably with group for speed) and at the same time queuing for scenarios. The two things are actually separate entities.
Scenarios are tier bracketed instanced pvp battles that you can join by using the icon on the top left of your map. Many find them quite fun and great rewards.

Questing while you wait combined with the rewards from a won scenario grant the fastest exp, however as you may have found getting a pve group is not always possible/likely. Similarly scenarios have “dead times” where it can take up to an hour to get matched into one.

Open rvr is by no means the fastest way to level but levels your renown rank up quite well and keeps it from falling behind. Generally I aim for at least 39 renown by rank 35 so you can immediately deck out in full annihilator/ equivalent. Open rvr is pretty much always happening..

Scenarios and open rvr each offer different rewards in armor and some weapons that have differing stats so It’s all about how you want to play and level

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#9 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:08 pm

From 1 to 16, the fastest leveling is with scs and rvr in t1, it usually takes 1-2 evening of rich game. From 16 to 30 the leveling is also the fastest with scenarios and rvr, but already in t2 (evenings 2-4). from 30 to 40 better it is questing, scenarios, farm PQ for ruin set (the most inconvenient levels takes something about 1-2h for 1 lvl, the bolster is almost not working, many advantages are still unavailable, weak stats in PVE, there is still no normal gear and equipment, no money for tal and pots if u dont have frends and norm frendly guild on this side, etc).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Detangler

Post#10 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:30 am

Trio pve grinding mass pulls can be really good xp around certain PQs. Healer/aoe dps/tank and you can finish most hard PQs no problem.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable