Recent Topics

Ads

Its still an avoidance game.

Let's talk about... everything else
Detangler

Re: Its still an avoidance game.

Post#11 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Every MMO ever always has people trying to find a way to game the system.

You want fights? Go out and find the enemy.

You tired of zerg WB leaders only taking BOs and running supplies? Organize your own warband and go lead them into good fights.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
anarchypark

Post#12 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 pm
Arbich wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Toonman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm There is absolutely nothing the Devs here can do that will change those people. If you force people who don't like PvP to do actual PvP, they just won't log in. Unfortunate, but that's the "player base". Not a slight towards the Devs at all, I don't think there is anything they can do to change player behavior.
The devs did implement this boring repetitive grind to the game. I am not if this leads to the "goal" of getting BiS gear asap (you could see the same behaviour indeed on live),but it could be one of the causes for this kind of gameplay
Quoted for truth. Some people would game the system anyway. Others resent being forced into content instead of letting the content stand on its own merits so they do what they must to get through it ASAP. And others refuse to participate which puts them at a disadvantage and, in the long run, discourages them from playing.

then it's simply not the game for them.
i'm not sure about english term.
client base, consumer, target, selling point etc.

they want BiS by playing what 'you' want. and only by that way.
it's mmorpg having pretty wide contents.
'you' are not the only client.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

drmordread
Suspended

Post#13 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am

It is called strategy, and tactics. If all you want is a mashup straight up fight, you have come to the wrong game. WAR always has been a game where the player brain actually counts more than the stats on your character, or the strength of your WB.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

jasonX
Suspended

Post#14 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:55 am

drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am It is called strategy, and tactics. If all you want is a mashup straight up fight, you have come to the wrong game. WAR always has been a game where the player brain actually counts more than the stats on your character, or the strength of your WB.
Amen!
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Likeaboss

Post#15 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:28 pm

I understand the views of both sides in this thread. Just to make that clear^^ :)

It is a behavious thing of the players, but that could be steered into the right direction 8-)

I was never a fan of Warbands i always ganked WB's with 6 man, which is now limited without CW and RD but nvm. ;)
For me it is a pain watching the whole Realm of each side sitting on a keepfight, but what other choiced do you have?

you could splitpush an other zone, take the keep by tapping the flag, hoping for some defenders, but that was on live server :D
Here you would need 1 warband or more to take down the keep lord, and the time you need to kill him the opposite realm can go for a shower, drink a cofe and take a walk with the dog arround the block and then wipe the keepattackers. :P

i don't want RvR deathmatch, but the system like it is now makes Warband sitting on BO's and returning supplies :roll:

I dont blame anyone for playing WB, i mean thats cool stuff for sure, but actually they dont have another choice.

If the RvR system would make people split more, over 2-3 zones and if they can do work in small scale, i think people would
prefer small scale more then surf the zerg. You couldnt avoid that some people would run supplies all day long solo, but that would be a good playground for some solo roamers, which always would be arround if they wouldnt always run into a zerg at each BO :P

Since we have huge fortress fight and someday will have huge city fight, it would be nice to have some other choices than just skill AoE and join WB.

wouldnt that be great when the big guilds would run sometimes in 4 organized partys and do some work without turning the PvP always in a zerg party :D
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

DirkDaring

Post#16 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:24 pm

There are a few things you can do, while fighting the Zerg , that can be effective, instead of trying to out zerg the other side .

1. Scouts/spies , use WH, and WE to track enemy movements, and announce them in zone chat, to coordniate between WBs. for defense, or setting up flanks, ambushes.

2. actively have small groups, patrolling the path ways to their keep, ganking supply runners, and people trying to get back to the zerg. this alone will force the zerg away from its bo zerging to try and protect runners, or to pull small groups away from the zerg to protect its supply, or people getting ganked, highly effectively.

3. split up your zerg somewhat, and hit multiple objectives, this gives the opposing zerg two choices, to stay as 1 big blob moving from 1 bo to the next, while losing control of the other 3 bos, or splitting up into smaller more mobile groups, in an effort to regain control over the objectives, in order to rank up their keep. the main goal is to try and get their zerg to break up into a more mangeable force. if they dont, then starve them of supplies.

4. use terrain more effectively, to maneuver about the rvr lake unseen, using pve paths, bridges, etc, to come out behind, and ambush the other zerg, or to ninja bos, utilize choke points,etc. to give you an advantage, over sheer numbers, sadly while some do this, many do not, and just use main pahs etc.
Last edited by DirkDaring on Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#17 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:02 pm

drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am It is called strategy, and tactics. If all you want is a mashup straight up fight, you have come to the wrong game. WAR always has been a game where the player brain actually counts more than the stats on your character, or the strength of your WB.
Which game is not about strategy and tactics? Pinball Simulator? Its about which strategy is rewarding in the game and which not and what that means for the general playing experience.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Tesq

Post#18 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:26 am

Arbich wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:02 pm
Which game is not about strategy and tactics? Pinball Simulator? Its about which strategy is rewarding in the game and which not and what that means for the general playing experience.
flag system here reward snowballing around...as """"tactic""""

Ads
Raggaz

Post#19 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 am

Maybe most of you only know EU prime time and thats why youre answering how you are.
I am not too familiar with EU prime and how it plays out. It may be completely different when there is only 1/2 wbs per side.

There is hardly any fighting anymore. Sure keep defense, half the time its like we let a siege battle happen, because there is nothing else to do.

Then everyone just usually sits on walls and waits to get rolled inside. Or they barricade themself in and dont actually fight... Or run and sit on BOs that doesnt actually do anything.

There have become so many problems and issues its difficult to know where to start.
PvP doesnt exist anymore, in EU prime its a lot easier to constantly have battles everywhere.
But when you dont NEED to have that constant battle, its hard to find. And no one seeks it out... because they dont NEED to.

Im tired of hearing 'well players decide to play that way'. Players are also given the choice to play that way. There are even more ways to not interact with the enemy now in the game than there ever has been. You dont NEED to pvp.

Urdeg wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 pm Your complaints are mostly just throwaway whining about other players and I don't think turning RvR a simple deathmatch is the answer.
Any kind of deathmatch would be better at this point. And youre playing a PvP to not have deathmatches?

Ysaran wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm As said by Urdeg the problem isn't the game, but the players behavior.
It isnt 100% the players behavior. When a game allows such things to take place, then its the games core problem.
Maybe part of the problem is all the people agreeing to these changes, which are slowly destroying what the game is about.
Because hardly anyone says how this is not cool anymore, its just a bunch of 'oh this is great','this is awesome'.
No its not great, no its not awesome, its terrible.

Ya strategy would be great. This has nothing to do with strategy, its based on avoiding and trying to evade the enemy.
The only time fights happen in the game is at a keep defense, if the opposition feels like showing up, or if its the only option.
Going to an empty zone in a pvp shouldnt even be an option. I guess all the WAR players arnt about pvp anymore, nothing about this system is about pvp anymore.

Its about trying to out flank your enemy by not interacting with them. Its about maneuvering the best way to go around them.

Im amazed more people dont agree. But I guess theyve left and this is what the fan base wants now.
There is no reason to fight anymore. Its all about, how can we get the farthest by doing the less amount of fighting.

Martok

Post#20 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:08 am

For those interested I share my thoughts on the OP post here:

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...