Recent Topics

Ads

Its still an avoidance game.

Let's talk about... everything else
Raggaz

Its still an avoidance game.

Post#1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Wbs just zerg bos to get crates to turn in. Wbs zerg back to turn in. Wbs only hold 2 bos at a time to turn in crates.

Whenever a pairing is nearest a fort siege, both realms will avoid each other to try and get to fort first.

For the past 8 months, each patch has brought the player base further and further away from pvp.
You dont even NEED to pvp anymore. Its worse than its ever been from a pvp experience.

You give players too many options that doesnt involve pvp'ing.

Just think if the only way to gain resource was to PVP.. that would be crazy..
But instead you create all these options to avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid.

Just get rid of BOs, make resources only drop from killing others.
The only time any fighting happens is at EU prime, when there are so many players its hard to avoid anyone. During less hours, its just avoid, avoid, avoid. And yes the players choose to do this, but the system also supports it.

The game is full of so many bad players, who have no concept of strategy anymore. Because the game doesnt require it, it requires taking the path of least resistance.
The only time it becomes fun(like alaways), is when the factions are FORCED to fight one another.

Ads
Urdeg

Re: Its still an avoidance game.

Post#2 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:21 pm

I don't believe in butchering core gameplay to teach players. I do believe that good warband leaders make all the difference in coordinating even the newest player.

Your complaints are mostly just throwaway whining about other players and I don't think turning RvR a simple deathmatch is the answer.
Urdeg OathKlad - IronBreaker 40/48 'I need nothing but the endless list of grudges unsettled.'

Ysaran

Post#3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Raggaz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:12 pm Wbs just zerg bos to get crates to turn in. Wbs zerg back to turn in. Wbs only hold 2 bos at a time to turn in crates.

Whenever a pairing is nearest a fort siege, both realms will avoid each other to try and get to fort first.

For the past 8 months, each patch has brought the player base further and further away from pvp.
You dont even NEED to pvp anymore. Its worse than its ever been from a pvp experience.

You give players too many options that doesnt involve pvp'ing.

Just think if the only way to gain resource was to PVP.. that would be crazy..
But instead you create all these options to avoid, avoid, avoid, avoid.

Just get rid of BOs, make resources only drop from killing others.
The only time any fighting happens is at EU prime, when there are so many players its hard to avoid anyone. During less hours, its just avoid, avoid, avoid. And yes the players choose to do this, but the system also supports it.

The game is full of so many bad players, who have no concept of strategy anymore. Because the game doesnt require it, it requires taking the path of least resistance.
The only time it becomes fun(like alaways), is when the factions are FORCED to fight one another.
As said by Urdeg the problem isn't the game, but the players behavior. you should try to change this behavior leading a warband. another solution is to play another aspect of the game (sc or pve)
Zputadenti

BeautfulToad

Post#4 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:21 pm

It's entirely possible to use strategy if people listen to warband leaders. Quite a few times in the past month I have seen order and destruction sneak into retake their keeps. The rewards are already there for players who do follow warband leaders.

I do think more supplies should drop from killing others, however. And seiging should be rewarded a bit more even if they fail to encourage sides to seige.

Tesq

Post#5 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:13 pm

If the enemy avoid you go get him simple as that, btw idk what you are talking about its two days in eu morning that we def cw/fort and tarpit orders and push back.....we even had a cw rank 3 some days ago which basically we repushed to praag.....
Was like a new improved fortress......better than maw.......

Btw cw rank 3 is hard but dam if it's worth..... Un-takeable keep.....

Toonman

Post#6 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm

It's not unique to RoR. It's the way it was on live too. 70% of WaR players would avoid a fight or zerg the enemy to get free gear. All people did on live is instance hop cities to free gear, afk with flags out for free rr, ride the zerg wave in RvR for free gear or afk in SC for rewards.

There is absolutely nothing the Devs here can do that will change those people. If you force people who don't like PvP to do actual PvP, they just won't log in. Unfortunate, but that's the "player base". Not a slight towards the Devs at all, I don't think there is anything they can do to change player behavior.

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Toonman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm It's not unique to RoR. It's the way it was on live too. 70% of WaR players would avoid a fight or zerg the enemy to get free gear. All people did on live is instance hop cities to free gear, afk with flags out for free rr, ride the zerg wave in RvR for free gear or afk in SC for rewards.
The devs already made afking harder. It now requires you to stay in the keep and only if warbands let you afk.

The T4 SCs sort of push anyone with anything less thsn conq gear to RvR. Nothing wrong with zerging, but does not happen as much as people claim, at least in EU TZs. EU evening fights have been very good and competitive recently.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Toonman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm There is absolutely nothing the Devs here can do that will change those people. If you force people who don't like PvP to do actual PvP, they just won't log in. Unfortunate, but that's the "player base". Not a slight towards the Devs at all, I don't think there is anything they can do to change player behavior.
The devs did implement this boring repetitive grind to the game. I am not if this leads to the "goal" of getting BiS gear asap (you could see the same behaviour indeed on live),but it could be one of the causes for this kind of gameplay
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:18 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Toonman wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:54 pm There is absolutely nothing the Devs here can do that will change those people. If you force people who don't like PvP to do actual PvP, they just won't log in. Unfortunate, but that's the "player base". Not a slight towards the Devs at all, I don't think there is anything they can do to change player behavior.
The devs did implement this boring repetitive grind to the game. I am not if this leads to the "goal" of getting BiS gear asap (you could see the same behaviour indeed on live),but it could be one of the causes for this kind of gameplay
for certain leads to ger invader in "whatever mean necessary!!"

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Quoted for truth. Some people would game the system anyway. Others resent being forced into content instead of letting the content stand on its own merits so they do what they must to get through it ASAP. And others refuse to participate which puts them at a disadvantage and, in the long run, discourages them from playing.