Recent Topics

Ads

A New destro healers experience.

Let's talk about... everything else
jcummons

A New destro healers experience.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:25 am

Hi! i just made a Shaman and started playing this game again. The last time i played was when the game was live so that should tell you how rusty i am.
i played for about 20 hours and as a healer i can tell you, its exactly the same as any healer i have played in any pvp MMO. there are guys that rant bc "NO HEELZ!" and there are guys that just play.
The order warbands i have fought in tier 1 are way better at ganking the healer first than we destro seem to be though. rarely do i get to just heal. mainly i have to heal, heal, heal, then shield and hot myself and run around like a headless chicken bc i am being focused. there are no heals happening then. Sometimes i would have a friendly tank shielding me but by being close to the tank i just get focused faster.
Also Pug warbands tend to not have a healer for each group, so i end up click healing all over the place, and trust me there is always more than one friendly player getting hit at once.
The quickest way to die as a healer, is to focus heal a single guy getting whaled on. All of the guys whaling on him will quickly focus on YOU when they notice him getting big heals. This is also what most people expect you to do in thier Pug warband too, so this causes lots of friction.
I then tried staying way back and healing out of line of sight of the enemy. but that results in everybody getting out of MY line of sight and, guess what? no heals. Then there's the guy demanding a rez when we are being spawn camped, and he's 50 meters from the rally flag... There's also the the guy who passed me 10 gold in the middle of a crazy fight to help me out :D but that trade window in the middle of my clickfest was really unhelpful. although to be honest it was worth it to me :D
All of this is just to say, try to be a little more patient with us level 10 - 12 healers. we did not LET you die on purpose. we were either in the middle of healing someone else or more likely running for our lives. or frantically trying to click on you to target a heal when your hp bar is dropping like a flaming zeppelin.
Hope to see you out there.

Ads
zak68

Re: A New destro healers experience.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:00 am

welcome to ror

Artwork

Post#3 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 am

1) Welcome back!
2) Surprise!, the lack of appreciation for healers hasn't changed much in 10+ years, especially/mostly from bad players.
3) Despite number 2 above, I'd say 70-80 percent of the current population here understands where you are coming from (it's a fringe game, and most players have played at least one of each archetype, healer included.)
4) Keep doing what you are doing and don't let the complainers get you down too much. Admittedly, there have been times when I stopped playing healing toons for a while. It usually happens when I top SCs in healing then get grief because we lost; or when I heal 10 decent players in RvR again and again, but let one bad person who overextends constantly in RvR die a few times and don't rez them. Alas...
5) Welcome back! Play what you want, how you want, and you'll mostly be fine here.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:54 am

1) this is normal, healing is heptic. tanks and healers are always "engaged", which means that something is bound to go wrong eventually. steer the ship as best you can. healing in ror is never relaxing, ever. people are gonna get out of position and die. drop them and rez when it's safe

maybe he thought you could advance with him but you had a different view of the battle and decided not to. neither of you were wrong - he made a play, it failed - but it's all about the battle, not these individual moments that aren't worth getting hung up on

2)the crying about heals mostly stops in t4, those kinds of people get kicked from wbs, don't take it to heart. you will still see it ocassionaly in pub scs but that comes with the territory

3)many classes are so borked in t1 (chos/kotb lacking cc, we/wh stealth, ect.) that even good players are gonna do stupid things because their classes aren't really functioning yet. everyone looks dumb in t1. except rdps, cause nobodies looking at them

- i should add that compounding this is the fact that pretty much all classes are lacking their main "movement" skills in t1 (cc break, ect.) which leads to the t1 phenomenon of everybody being out of position all of the time. as a backline healer yes, this does make the entire battle look like a circus. they are trying :lol:

welcome to this

SWEtree

Post#5 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 am

It is a small community and the bad players have many chars. Fill up the ignorelist and sooner or later those monkeys wont bother you anymore.
I main a healer and i know the pain :)
Lucirona WP
Lucironia KOTBS
Luciran WL

Haskr

Post#6 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:02 am

I once had to heal about 13 rdps in a tier 1 wb as solo healer, ofc they were all crying for 'no heals' (as a WP, who has like 3 healing spells in tier 1 lol)

Who gives a ****? If you play rdps on order you have every right to die, if a healer even tosses you a hot you should already lick his boots because thats all thats going to happen :lol:

When I had my runepriest to 40 I stopped playing with PUGS all together, there are always good mdps/rdps looking for healers for duo/trio/6men: If you play with them and are actually a good healer you can get rr/loot way faster.

TL;DR: Ignore hate, level to 40, look for duo/trio/6men roam/sc groups and laugh at the pugs dying from dots :mrgreen:

BeautfulToad

Post#7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:54 am
2)the crying about heals mostly stops in t4, those kinds of people get kicked from wbs, don't take it to heart. you will still see it ocassionaly in pub scs but that comes with the territory
The crying about heals is - by some distance - the worst in T4 SCs. Noone really minds about it in oRvR though.

Sahngar

Post#8 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 am

Only bad players complain about not having heals.

Good players understand limitations, and are better at protecting themselves than YOLOing an entire group on their own.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#9 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:38 pm

Positioning is the most important thing man...

you shouldnt get in trouble im T1 when you heal from 150 feet, unless you cast your 2s heal and stand still for 10 minuts...
But i hope you dont do that ;)

If you want to level up faster, check zone kills or scoreboard in SC, check who is doing work, and group up for a duo...
you will swim in medalls and renown, ppl in warband mostly think they can act like brainless greenskinns and getting healed. :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Darks63

Post#10 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:53 pm

One thing that is important when healing that i have always noted is remember the rule of triage " Leave the dead to dying" ie some people are just gonna do dumb stuff continually and waste your ap while smarter more worthy players die in the meantime.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.