Recent Topics

Ads

Power leveling (catch up)

Let's talk about... everything else
IStillLoveUO

Power leveling (catch up)

Post#1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Just wondering how the leveling works here vs live. We used to power level in PQ's but now it seems the exp is nerfed hard when its equal to the top levels in a group with a gap between the lowers.

So how does everyone catch up new alts or guild mates who are behind in levels?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Power leveling (catch up)

Post#2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Doing rvr mixed with sc and some pve. If guild mates want to help, they can make new chars just for t1 and delete them, if not needed. At lvl16 all can do rvr together.
Dying is no option.

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:47 pm

So the devs removed various means to power level like the champ rats in ostland and trabalaclad

And made it so that if you have too high a level difference between people in your party then you receive no exp this is a bit annoying espically for level 16 dungeons as even though they get debolsfered you still get no exp

basically power leveling is dead but you can still grind mobs

The best solution is to do the T2,3 and 4 epic quests as they give good chunks of exp and que for scenarios and join warbands to ride the Zerg and leech exp and rr (though you gain the latter far faster than the former) as T2 3 and 4 war zones have been merged

Though i noticed a weird thing where in t4 zones I would get far lower exp and renown “ticks” in a warband as a sub level 31 than I would if I was in a T2 or 3 zone and they are farther in between too

IStillLoveUO

Post#4 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 pm

That's sad news, I miss LoTD PQ power leveling a 1-40 in about 6-8 hours

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:05 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:47 pm espically for level 16 dungeons as even though they get debolsfered you still get no exp
You tested this or it's just a wild guess?
If you get no xp, make a bug report. You are supposed to get xp, because it takes the de-bolstered level into account.
Dying is no option.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 pm

IStillLoveUO wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 pm That's sad news, I miss LoTD PQ power leveling a 1-40 in about 6-8 hours
Don't skip most of the game, it's not like you do totally different things at rank 40.
Dying is no option.

IStillLoveUO

Post#7 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 pm
IStillLoveUO wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 pm That's sad news, I miss LoTD PQ power leveling a 1-40 in about 6-8 hours
Don't skip most of the game, it's not like you do totally different things at rank 40.
Lol I played Live for years, I'm good on getting farmed as an undergeared and under skilled lvl 16 pseudo 36 bolster toon.

Sulorie

Post#8 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm

IStillLoveUO wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:23 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:06 pm
Lol I played Live for years, I'm good on getting farmed as an undergeared and under skilled lvl 16 pseudo 36 bolster toon.
You are actually rank 48 and you are not supposed to get farmed, if you do it right. ;^)
Dying is no option.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:47 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:05 pm
TenTonHammer wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:47 pm espically for level 16 dungeons as even though they get debolsfered you still get no exp
You tested this or it's just a wild guess?
If you get no xp, make a bug report. You are supposed to get xp, because it takes the de-bolstered level into account.
Ran scallum dungeons on a little back, a nice lvl 40 joined us since we couldn’t find a lowbie tank player

The quests kill credit exp worked but we got no exp from mobs

adamthelc

Post#10 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:57 am

It would be cool if you could use the 16 instances to level more. Bake the exp from the quest into the mobs somehow so you could farm it to level.

If they then made it so debolstered players didnt take exp from mobs it would be a way for higher levels to play with low levels while they level.

If you made it too good though it would trivialize the rest of the leveling content so maybe give it a lockout timer, if it doesnt already have one. That way you could gain a couple of quick levels every couple of days.