Recent Topics

Ads

How to raise Healers' Renown

Let's talk about... everything else
dawius

How to raise Healers' Renown

Post#1 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi, I came back to Warhammer few days ago and i decided to roll a healer (Zealot 20).
My impression is that it is much more difficult to gain renown as healer than dps.
When i spam some aoe dps in RvR I take 100-300 renown points for every kill, that are considerably more than those i take assisting my party only with heals, so i started to focus my attention to do as much aoe as possible.
But it is frustrating, because it is not the role that i decided to be, but it seems the only way to raise renown.

I would know if it is only my impression or the difference between these two playstyle is really so big, and if healers here have some tips in this direction.
Thank you, see you in RvR :*

Ads
Sulorie

Re: How to raise Healers' Renown

Post#2 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Invite some dps to your group and keep healing. Out of group healing gives poor rewards.
Dying is no option.

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:44 pm

AoE Dpsing is the fastest way to get renown and contribution since damage per group is the basis of the system in awarding kill rewards. Healing is pretty fast in a grp and spamming AoE heals. Tanking is the most difficult. You need a good dps but also one taking a lot of damage for you to absorb.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

dalinvar

Post#4 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:01 am

I guess what he's trying to day Is that dps classes have a much easier life in terms of renown accumulation.

Leveling an healer myself and noticed that as well and how slow is to get renown.

In a wb/group/SC aoe dps classes level faster.

But Is It correct?

I mean if the renown formula contains 'player-damage' It should contains also why that player was able to make that damage. And the answer is just thanks to heals/guard keeping him alive.

Non dps classes, such as healers and tanks, should have a sort to multiplier to keep the formula in line with dps classes. Without a party these aoe classes couldnt make all of that damage/renown so imho dps classes should share a bit more of their renown.

Example: Magus had 20 kills spamming aoe for a total of 3000 renown point. But in the time of killing he received:
1) an amount of x heals from player x,y,z and these should received a % of the renown back from the Magus
2) an amount of mitigated damage from guards that generate a % in renown back to tanks

In other words the aoe class is the one generating kills and all of that renown, but formula should also consider players behind the scene keeping these process possibile (heals and guard) and reward them with a similar amount.

All roles are important and none Is superior to another: dps = healer = tank. And this should be translated also in terms of renown distribution.

bichka

Post#5 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:28 am

fastest way to gain renown is to make kills in aao area on BO.
So be in group which is able to kill someone or roll dps healer and kill by yourself :D

normanis

Post#6 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:00 am

in old war tanks take rr from guard dps ( their main rr income is guard - atleast my faction told me that). also on live i could be outside grp and heal as much as possible and got purple rr income.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

shaggyboomboom

Post#7 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:15 am

play the game

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 am

normanis wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:00 am in old war tanks take rr from guard dps ( their main rr income is guard - atleast my faction told me that). also on live i could be outside grp and heal as much as possible and got purple rr income.
Tanks got nothing for guarding, they only got their share of rp for being in a group like anyone else. Healers were special, they got a ton rp out of group. Easy to get 3x+ times the rp of anyone else in sc, if being the only healer.
Dying is no option.

Ads
normanis

Post#9 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 am

sulorie i am telling u it was on old war, not this ror. (and i heard in global chat , even guildmates told me that). in ror i readed kill rr/xp/infl is spreaded by grp .
yup that why in ror 2h tanks dont guard noone in pugs. i would say lesse watch anime. also 2h tanks where buffed , especially kobs/chosen and bg . also u can parry guard damage not just block. i think that the problem is about parry
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#10 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:47 am

normanis wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:56 am sulorie i am telling u it was on old war, not this ror. (and i heard in global chat , even guildmates told me that). in ror i readed kill rr/xp/infl is spreaded by grp .
yup that why in ror 2h tanks dont guard noone in pugs. i would say lesse watch anime. also 2h tanks where buffed , especially kobs/chosen and bg . also u can parry guard damage not just block. i think that the problem is about parry
I talk about old WAR. Taking Guard dmg was never rewarded in any iteration of the game.
It was always possible to parry guard damage.
Even in old WAR, rewards were split in group based on player rank/rr, similar how it is done here. If all ppl in group had same rank/rr, all would get same reward for kill.
The main difference here is, the healer renown pool is much smaller, so healing someone out of group gives significantly less rewards.
Some 2h tanks don't guard here, because they are bad players, with all consequences.
Dying is no option.