Recent Topics

Ads

Lockout timer for switching realms

Let's talk about... everything else
Deadkiller

Lockout timer for switching realms

Post#1 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Hiho

i just noticed last night destro and order got even numbers what was really fun till one side decide to blop and just zerg train all ;(!
after one side got some wipes they logged out and the other side gains near the numbers what logged out before on other side! Well i dont think its coincidence, some off the people what logged just switch to other side. So what about if we get a 12h lockout timer for faction switch? Just make it bound on Hwid to avoid acc or ip switch! i guess that would be a good solution. So whats your opinion about that? Lets just discuss and dont troll pls.

Ads
Sejanus

Re: Lockout timer for switching realms

Post#2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:27 pm

No reason for a lockout timer when xrealmers get special loot bags.

mogt

Post#3 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:30 pm

hello,

so many threads are open and discuss with that. but the devs, know the problem and work to find a solution in the background i think. to find a solution and implmenting is not to easy as so many players think, it is hard work.
the devs and the team need time, let they take the time what they need.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:30 pm

we have an xrealm system already. Also this has been discussed endlessly in the past over numerous topics.

Zxul

Post#5 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:18 pm

On the side note, when searching "Hwid", the very second google suggestion is "Hwid spoofer".
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Deadkiller

Post#6 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:30 pm we have an xrealm system already. Also this has been discussed endlessly in the past over numerous topics.
well which one pls? if i change from the loosing side to the winning side the char what i played first just loose contri but i still get contri on the other one and the chance to get a gold bag (maybe just from roll bonus)! its a start but no solution in my eyes! what about if just the contri on the char stays and the char where i switch cant get any contri for that zone and give them a debuff what reduces rr, xp and inf gain to nearly zero or zero for the zone? Or just zero for both chars , and zero means completly zero to judge that people!! OFC you shoudnt judge people what change to the outnumberd faction, for this guys just let it stay how it is to have a carrot to switch to outnumberd side! Sure it needs time to implement etc, i just wona discuss and find a better solution at is now is for a maybe feature implement.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:33 am

Deadkiller wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:42 pm
Natherul wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:30 pm we have an xrealm system already. Also this has been discussed endlessly in the past over numerous topics.
well which one pls? if i change from the loosing side to the winning side the char what i played first just loose contri but i still get contri on the other one and the chance to get a gold bag (maybe just from roll bonus)! its a start but no solution in my eyes! what about if just the contri on the char stays and the char where i switch cant get any contri for that zone and give them a debuff what reduces rr, xp and inf gain to nearly zero or zero for the zone? Or just zero for both chars , and zero means completly zero to judge that people!! OFC you shoudnt judge people what change to the outnumberd faction, for this guys just let it stay how it is to have a carrot to switch to outnumberd side! Sure it needs time to implement etc, i just wona discuss and find a better solution at is now is for a maybe feature implement.
First you have to prove, that people actually switch to other side in meaningful numbers and not just log off or leave rvr.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#8 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 am

Deadkiller wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:24 pm after one side got some wipes they logged out and the other side gains near the numbers what logged out before on other side! Well i dont think its coincidence
Correlation doesn't mean causation
Zputadenti

Ads
dawius

Post#9 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:14 am

Ysaran wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:46 am
Deadkiller wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:24 pm after one side got some wipes they logged out and the other side gains near the numbers what logged out before on other side! Well i dont think its coincidence
Correlation doesn't mean causation
Yes it is a nice and correct maxim, but usually it is followed by the explanation of the true cause..
and the phenomenon is so easy that there is no reason to think the two are not related.

It is evident that every night, after a wipe you can see your wb lose players, and automatically wbls start to ask in chat for new players. And it also evident as the difference between the number of players in the two factions continues to grow during the night. It is normal that people who have 1-2 hours to play prefer to gain some renown in an easy way than to respawn again and again in the wc.
I agree with Deadkiller's suggetion to implement a lockout timer for faction switch. Probably 12h lockout timer is exaggerated, because it is important to guarantee that people play faction they want.
But, in my modest opinion, a 30min-1h lockout timer could be a nice way to discourage people to change faction in the attempt to follow the best zerg.

bwdaWAR

Post#10 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:25 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19232
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=22362
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22747
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21230
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18307
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14473
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14820
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12103
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11573
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11327
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10911
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5116
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6163

Just a small selection of our previous crossrealm topic threads, there are many more. I understand that you saw something that bothers you, is new to you and you feel that this must be brought to the player community's attention and discussed, but trust me, everything you brought up here and would bring up here has been said and discussed countless times before. So please... just stop.