Recent Topics

Ads

Nothing to do during Fort battles

Let's talk about... everything else
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Nothing to do during Fort battles

Post#11 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:15 pm

adapter wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:19 am This is an issue that devs need to solve as fast as possible, fortress are a problem that need fixin!
What needs fixing? Nothing. Working as intended. So at some points, if each realm has taken one fort, all we are left with is one pairing till a realm takes a second. If you are crying now, I can't wait to see what happens when city endgame is opened up. LOL
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:46 pm

City end game?

The same thing that happens now

Sub 40s or anyone who can’t get in cause they just logged on or something get screwed over because oRvR is kill and SCs take even longer to pop

PVE is a laggy mess every time forts go on and you or your party can crash out or die just because of a fort flip

Don’t know why you would want to go back to T1 especially if you want to focus on progressing a character as the game is still alt unfriendly and t1 balance is just an utter mess

I still hold forts as one of the worst decisions to implement on this server, a collection of the worst designed choke point garbage maps in the game whit the most mind numbing gameplay and you sit with your thumb into your ass, drop morale, die and afk in jail, rinse and repeat 50 times and walk out with “BiS” gear that’s gonna be nerfed anyway with the next set release

bradbury111

Post#13 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:01 pm

This is my same situation when it's fort time.
I thought there was always a territory open, I saw it happened some time ago, but not in these days.
Confirm that t2-t3 scenarios are fewer.

Alfa1986

Post#14 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:59 pm

for the fort need to properly develop the first stage, and rework the mechanics of the third stage and it will be quite normal. and also just remove the limit for enterence.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

bichka

Post#15 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:37 pm

it's pretty similar situation for original game during city sieges
well except one thing, in first version of city siege, lowbies have to win scenarios to get victory points. Later it was removed.

in AoR most ppl who is not in city siege were on scs/pve/t1 for fun.
or ganking attackers on their way to city :)

adapter
Suspended

Post#16 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:53 am

mogt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:14 am
adapter wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:19 am This is an issue that devs need to solve as fast as possible, fortress are a problem that need fixin!

why, the devs must be fix this? that is not a bug or something, that is the playerbase issues. if 1 one pairing destro, 1 order and then the 3rd paring are in fight at fort, that is normal, that was on live too, (you need 2 pairings for one side to attack a city).

you can do sc and if the sc dont pop, then is tha a player problem, because not many que sc or you can do dungeon pvw, farming crafting etc, pqs you have so many other things what you can do. ROR have more gameplay as just PVP what many players thing.

it is easy to say "dev must be things fix as soon as possible", the players must be change their mind.
I say it's a problem that needs fixin' because it breaks the gameplay flow, if you are in a guild that is doing RvR and then a Fort happens, it is possible that you as a guild member will not be able to join such fortress, or not in a guild at all, you could be a loner, a smallscale player but what happens is that you can't play fortress for whatever reason, you won't be able to play with your friends. Also it makes ORvR feel empty. It **** up the gameplay of a lot of players.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Chinesehero

Post#17 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:25 am

Seriously when fort start, no pve no sc and everything is dead

Robzkull

Post#18 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:00 am

I agree that fort time = no fun time. PVE doing fort is a no, no. PVE in general is a no, no. This is a pvp game come on.

I would suggest focusing on SC.

SC are going to make this player base live and well.

Make SC great again.

Ads
roadkillrobin

Post#19 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:23 am

Original design had two exclusive scenarios that you could que for only durning city seiges. Twisted Tower was one for invading IC, but can't remember the Altdorf one. I think the scenarios generated VP's for the City instances, much like how the campaign worked. This gave lowbies in t4 something to do durning the RVR downtime, as they didn't stand much chance in the instances. Iirc this later extended to all tiers. Killing the game for a big part of the playerbase due to a phase of progression for the high levels is actually something that most MMO's activly working to avoid.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#20 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:17 am

Make SC´s give better rewards during Forts??