Recent Topics

Ads

Cancelled

Let's talk about... everything else
Aurandilaz

Re: No zerg agreement

Post#51 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:51 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:35 am

But didn’t you think that in this case you will see warbands consisting only of bws and sorcs? why then do we need the rest of the classes if one bw can do damage equal to 10 sws?
if you think there is a balance issue with 1 BW outdpsing 4 SWs, maybe you should write a balance discussion forum proposal? :^)

(just kidding lol)

Ads
madrocks
Suspended

Post#52 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:04 am

Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:27 am Also I fondly remember, just last year in october when TUP was coming back from summer break and entered the lake in Avelorn, it was Lutz raging in region chat about some "rogue warband" who would refuse to join his 4 pug warband blob in zerging down individual Order warbands. Maybe you have finally figured that bringing quantity over quality is not the optimal long term approach in keeping the RvR campaign gameplay fun, and that's good.

Woauuw, a toxic blast from the past, buddy. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Shall we elaborate what TUP did in the past? .. crossrealming, bombing pugs, etc.

I was always trying, and I am still doing it, not to stack with other warbands unless it's necessary to flank another blob.
Your memory is quite blurry anyway. At that time I was leading with one of those guys: Grufrip, Elva, Horsegirl, NRM, PnP or Solutar.
If I had 4 warbands with me then it had a very good reason and Avelorn is a good map for really big fights by the way.

---
Spoiler:
Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:27 am Some other guilds also need to learn, for their own sakes, and for the better longterm survival of this game, that choosing to build a 30-50man "guild/alliance"warband and zerging all that moves, is not really fun for the blobbers, and even less fun for the victims and only contributes to the downward pop drop spiral, which is most likely only going to hurt everyone on the longer term when more and more people just quit the game because the RvR campaign has become too awful to enjoy.
From a very simple tactical point of view you want at least 2 organized warbands to effectively attack/defend a keep/fort.
But everyone has it's own ideas anyway.

---
I moved The Art of War guild warband to Wednesday/Sunday @ 8:00 pm GMT+2
We are still going to be in the zones every other week day.
We are also running Monday @ 7:00pm GMT+2 “Back to T1” with the hope to revitalize the T1 pvp and get new players hooked into the gamefun of RoR I dare other guilds to join us there.
Lutz

OndeTv

Post#53 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am

One quick note on the past few posts about the AOE caps as a fix versus zerg mentality:

Back in the early days of live, there was no cap on aoe. Also, aoe fully stacked on top of eachother (and didn't require proper line of sight either).

The long story short is that it was bad. Really REALLY bad. Not just for for server performance, but very much also for the gameplay for everyone involved. The current limitations on aoe protect us from going back to those dark ages.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Alfa1986

Post#54 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:40 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:51 am
Alfa1986 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:35 am

But didn’t you think that in this case you will see warbands consisting only of bws and sorcs? why then do we need the rest of the classes if one bw can do damage equal to 10 sws?
if you think there is a balance issue with 1 BW outdpsing 4 SWs, maybe you should write a balance discussion forum proposal? :^)

(just kidding lol)
BW is the most powerful AOE DPS class and not the most difficult to manage, what's so funny? people like to play for strong classes. if u strengthen this class several times, then it can be assumed that many will be rerolled in bv, it is very simple logic.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

wonshot

Post#55 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:42 am

No aoe cap would make funnels litterally unbreakable along with the collision, as much as I hate to say it.

However 9player aoe cap is just not enough to deal with these zerg alliances. So either spit out that 24v24 city siege, or increase the aoe cap just sliiiightly.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

madrocks
Suspended

Post#56 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:44 am

Off topic.
Lutz

Alfa1986

Post#57 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:47 am

OndeTv wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:10 am One quick note on the past few posts about the AOE caps as a fix versus zerg mentality:

Back in the early days of live, there was no cap on aoe. Also, aoe fully stacked on top of eachother (and didn't require proper line of sight either).

The long story short is that it was bad. Really REALLY bad. Not just for for server performance, but very much also for the gameplay for everyone involved. The current limitations on aoe protect us from going back to those dark ages.
the pic mem since ancient times

15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Komode

Post#58 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Hello guys.
I like the idea but in future perspective it will not work cause of lots of random factors, also it will cause just more holywars and drama. We have all gone through this.

There should be a change for RvR design forcing people to split sometimes.
Old BOs system with BO cap timers was handling with that problem much better then now. To attack keep you was need to control ALL BOs as you remember. That component was working well to split zerg.
ATM BOs dont have any destination or huge factor to def it or control by whole warband. This is really an issue.
Phalanx/Zerg
Atrocob - Engineer 40/50+
Kuporoz - BW 40/50+
Larkuz - BO 40/50+
Larkus - Mara 40/49
Komet - SH 40/54+
Fellow - BG 40/40+
Uglic - Shaman 40/50+

Ads
Nameless

Post#59 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:02 pm

The problem is that devs on ror removed all anti zerg tools or nerf then heavily (or theyvare not inrtroduced yet).

On live you could harass the zerg (esp pug zerg) thanks to resolute defence timming, tanks anti cc from full sov, faster essential morals reach, mass odjira, moral drain from mdps sov. Now at ror u dont have these tools (or they are nerfed), instead we got tons of new and upgreaded pounces and undefensible pulls. So what do u expected to happens
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

orillah
Suspended

Post#60 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:38 pm

Zerg is within people blood!