Recent Topics

Ads

If you lose to zergs thats your own fault folks!

Let's talk about... everything else
jasonX
Suspended

Re: If you lose to zergs thats your own fault folks!

Post#11 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:27 am

@normanis
well the pre-last 24 aoe cap patch rendered non-aoe classes even more useless. it was supposed to resolve the zerg problem and it just intensified it.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Ads
normanis

Post#12 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:40 am

@jasonx - I AGREE . non aoe clases become even more useless. server is not dead to buff rapidfire or ather single target abilities.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

wonshot

Post#13 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:34 am

jasonX wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:27 am .....it was supposed to resolve the zerg problem and it just intensified it.
Hey Gitbane. Nice topic! And I do agree with the core message, but pardon me for picking your brain here. Do you actually think the 24aoe cap made to so the playerbase increaed their motivation to zerg up? Im trying to follow the logic but I honestly just cant see it.

During the 2x event i was pugging for the majority of the event and put in atleast 5hours aday. And I just didnt see this this increase in zerg-mentality that people are talking about (nothing out of the ordenary during 2x events), maybe I am just truely blinded by own perspective or Order didnt change much, for better or worse.

So with the change to a 24aoe cap, smaller forces can actually get some kills now when a red sea of nameplaces come towards them, because a 9player aoe cap nolonger provide the outnumbering force with safety in spreading the soak to more than 9players, and now anything that steps into aoe range will actually get hit.

Some community members have called for healing to be extended from groupwide, but that would mean a perfect 2-2-2 warband with warband-wide healing would have insanely high Healing cover per second compared to now, and THAT would in my mind intensify and make a case for you need to bring more numbers to deal with such warbands. Because you then need to dog-pile more damage presure onto all that additional healing. Atleast with 24damage-cap you can do some harm against an outnumbering force if you use terrain and possitional advantages to your own good. Something I assume both of us enjoy.

No matter what systems the developers try to impliment, I highly doubt we will see effective zergbusting. Unless we are getting good old Close Quaters version back, and a zonelock system where all 4 BOs are in play. To drag the zerg around the zone and make last stands to withstand the forces. So atleast having this option of being able to get "some kills" against a 2:1 or 3:1 situation is to be prefered, or do you disagree?

But in the end, I think your core message hits the nail on the head. The players need to stop going for the easy way of obtaining their progression for the sake of just progressing untill they reach a point where no further trackable gains can be made, and instead of using all their renown ranks and gear, they just reroll an other toon. And the cycle continues endlessly. So yeah, get organized throw yourselves in the deepend in 6mans, guildgroups or warbands!
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Alfa1986

Post#14 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:51 am

maybe you should also try to extend the AOE heal to 24?)) well, for the sake of experiment)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Zerg can be overcome with organised sensible play. Warband construction should be 2 2 2. Every tank should have a designated mdps all targets should be and focused on healers first dps next and tank last. Stay together dont snake if for whatever reason you get lost or too slow in catching up wait in place where you know the wb will pass and rejoin as youre is not a meglomaniac kicker if youre late 5 seconds you get kicked but use commonsense check the map if the person attempting to reach you. Use points on the map that lend to ambushing guerrila tactics going head first onto a zerg is not wise. Most important rule listen to the lead generally more experienced live veterans know the tactics that you should employ. Dont get a kill frenzy and chase everything remember to stay tight and it pays dividends if you have discord use it.